Furlough Expiration Numbers

Skymess

Veteran
Aug 6, 2004
NY
Got this one from another site and thought it was worth posting. These numbers were given out at the APFA convention.

On another note the Furlough Expiration dates were given out at convention
and I thought I would share them with you.
as of January 30, 2006

Date of Expiration Furloughed F/A's on Recall List as of 1/30/06

10/1/2006 875
10/7/2006 290
1/31/2007 214
10/13/2007 147
11/1/2007 430
1/31/2008 325
4/1/2008 317
5/1/2008 244
7/2/2008 1195

4037 total furloughed F/A's

I guess most of that is the good poeple of TWA.Good luck all. :down:

Actually, approximately 1,000 of those losing their recall rights first (10/1/2006 and 10/7/2006) are nAAtives that were still on new hire probation. Remember that AA did a lot of FA hiring in 2000 and 2001.

In fact, there were several classes of new hire trainees that were released without recall rights because they never went on the payroll. They were released immediately after 9/11.

Actually, approximately 1,000 of those losing their recall rights first (10/1/2006 and 10/7/2006) are nAAtives that were still on new hire probation. Remember that AA did a lot of FA hiring in 2000 and 2001.

In fact, there were several classes of new hire trainees that were released without recall rights because they never went on the payroll. They were released immediately after 9/11.

Jim, are you sure? I was told there are only 72 nAAtives left before it hits the former TWA attendants. I thought the nAAtives who had no recall rights were just gone and that most of the rest were called back or just quit on furlough.

The official recall list on the APFA website dated 1/31/06 still shows 99 natives to be recalled before the TWA people. Remember, these people are part of the last group whose recall rights expire in July 2008.

The 875 whose right expire on 10/1/06 are the natives hired after the acquisition. I believe all others are TWA.

The official recall list on the APFA website dated 1/31/06 still shows 99 natives to be recalled before the TWA people. Remember, these people are part of the last group whose recall rights expire in July 2008.

The 875 whose right expire on 10/1/06 are the natives hired after the acquisition. I believe all others are TWA.

Ok, I see. I am looking at the opposite end of the spectrum. The first to be recalled are the last to be furloughed. 99 nAAtives come first followed by x amount of TWA. The last to possibly be recalled would be 875 nAAtives who will never be recalled because everyone would have to be recalled by 10/1/06.

Things are getting pretty sucky around here with no movement anywhere around the system. No international base transfers, unless you want JFK, or unless you are 20+ years. I wish I made some better moves during better times.

Things are getting pretty sucky around here with no movement anywhere around the system. No international base transfers, unless you want JFK, or unless you are 20+ years. I wish I made some better moves during better times.

Well, now. If you hurry and update your 3* before Monday, you could get a transfer to LGA, DCA, or SLT. :lol:

The fact that they are opening the transfer list at all is amazing, but these 3 bases are understaffed again. Normally, if the transfer slots are not fully subscribed, they would recall furloughees to fill them.

However, right now, I'm afraid that they might do forced transfers to LGA. I'm junior enough that might happen. If it does, I might have to rethink this glamorous profession. Commuting to New York with the crash pad expense and the transportation hassles to EWR, etc. just ain't worth it.

Commuting to New York with the crash pad expense and the transportation hassles to EWR, etc. just ain't worth it.

jimntx,

We have a new reserve option in LGA. For the f/a's who wish to fly out of EWR, place themselves on the EWR reserve preference list. This list is puilled daily by CS and all reserve trips are filled with f/a's who actually want EWR. Once this list is exhausted, then they call f/a's who preference LGA/JFK. Because f/a's who live in Jersey or PA don't like to fly our of LGA/JFK. These f/a's always received LGA/JFK trips while the LGA/JFK f/a's received EWR trips. So the company agreed to the EWR prefernce and it seems to be working. Only time will tell!

Approved or not approved?

jimntx,

We have a new reserve option in LGA. For the f/a's who wish to fly out of EWR, place themselves on the EWR reserve preference list. This list is puilled daily by CS and all reserve trips are filled with f/a's who actually want EWR. Once this list is exhausted, then they call f/a's who preference LGA/JFK. Because f/a's who live in Jersey or PA don't like to fly our of LGA/JFK. These f/a's always received LGA/JFK trips while the LGA/JFK f/a's received EWR trips. So the company agreed to the EWR prefernce and it seems to be working. Only time will tell!
Approved or not approved?
If you think that this new reserve option is actually working then you must be seeing something I am not. I can tell you last month, on reserve, all but 1 of my trips were out of EWR and most of my friends and classmates were also flying EWR. This "so called" option doesn't seem to be doing much to help out. The company needs to seriously rethink this option.

What Unity?

The last to possibly be recalled would be 875 nAAtives who will never be recalled because everyone would have to be recalled by 10/1/06.
There were several classes of TWA new hires who did not come on line until after April 10, 2001. They are even farther down the recall list than the post acquisition AA new hires.

I just reviewed a copy of a month old recall list which a friend obtained from the APFA.

Going strictly by payroll numbers it would appear as follows:
Code:
   1-  99	  nAAtives
 100-3113	  TWAers
3114-3964	  nAAtives
3965-4037	  TWAers

If you think that this new reserve option is actually working then you must be seeing something I am not. I can tell you last month, on reserve, all but 1 of my trips were out of EWR and most of my friends and classmates were also flying EWR. This "so called" option doesn't seem to be doing much to help out. The company needs to seriously rethink this option.

What Unity?

Color me surprised! :shock: This month in SLT and BOS they are supposedly conducting a "test" of reserve preferences. The company wants to do away with Reserve Preferences because "no flight attendants ever enter any preferences; so, it's a waste of computer resources and manpower."

No one enters any because they have never been honored; so why waste the time. When preferences were first introduced, I entered my preferences religiously every reserve month. Scheduling never honored a single preference EVER.

Anway, the STL MOD desk called everyone of us on reserve every other day until we entered reserve preferences for the "test." So, I was good for a particular 3 day trip on the 3rd. It had a BHM layover (where my family lives). So, I entered a #1 preference for a BHM layover. (Let me assure you I was completely legal for the trip, and I was within Average Utilization Range.) The trip also met my #2 preference for sign-in time. Scheduling transferred the trip to another base, and I sat Ready Reserve at my crashpad all day yesterday. So much for the test.

Color me surprised! :shock: This month in SLT and BOS they are supposedly conducting a "test" of reserve preferences. The company wants to do away with Reserve Preferences because "no flight attendants ever enter any preferences; so, it's a waste of computer resources and manpower."

No one enters any because they have never been honored; so why waste the time. When preferences were first introduced, I entered my preferences religiously every reserve month. Scheduling never honored a single preference EVER.

Anway, the STL MOD desk called everyone of us on reserve every other day until we entered reserve preferences for the "test." So, I was good for a particular 3 day trip on the 3rd. It had a BHM layover (where my family lives). So, I entered a #1 preference for a BHM layover. (Let me assure you I was completely legal for the trip, and I was within Average Utilization Range.) The trip also met my #2 preference for sign-in time. Scheduling transferred the trip to another base, and I sat Ready Reserve at my crashpad all day yesterday. So much for the test.

At every town hall and focus group meeting I have ever attended the same gripes have always been raised and the same answer is that there's nothing they can do because of the antiquated programming. Many things that should be automated need to be input by hand by scheduling.

AA and APFA come up with all these side letters of agreement and scheduling initiatives to make things better but it is all smoke and mirrors because they all involve things that are way outside the programmings capabilities. If scheduling had to follow to the letter all of these things nothing would ever get done and everyone would hate them more because of it.

They keep telling us a new program is being tested that will be in place later this year or next year, but I will believe it when I see it.

They are supposed to be making every effort to follow preferences at LGA and JFK regarding EWR. We were just assured this last week, as we were told how difficult it was. It is possible that flyboy is just on reserve with everyone else who hates EWR.

APFA had also told us in OCT that they had hammered out a deal that needed to be finalized regarding a free shuttle running between all three airports. Nothing has happened since then so it is possible that the agreement was canned do to costs. We have another Town Hall meeting coming up so I guess I can ask what happened then.

I'm not rah-rahing for scheduling so don't start flaming me. I am just telling you what was said at every focus group meeting I ever attended from 'how do we stop D3 abuse?' to 'how can we fix the problems with the purser flex test at JFK so pursers stop resigning?'. Programming is always the stumbling block.