Furlough Flight Benefits

olivia

Advanced
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Need some help...

A friend of mine took a furlough in 2001 from Reservations, CWA,
and heard a rumor that their flight benefits had been extended.

I know the travel office would have the answer but wonder if someone
out there knows the latest.

Many thanks for your help!

I also was furloughed from airport, CWA in 2001. Originally, flight benefits were for 2 years but in one of the concessions it was extended to 3 years and recall to 4 years. So I believe flight benefits expired last year and recall expires this year. Of course, I have heard nothing from the union since being furloughed so my info could be outdated. I have tried contacting local steward several times but he never has any answers and only says he will check and get back to me but he never does. If anyone else has any info, I also would like to know.

I have also asked what happens if I receive recall before my time runs out but can't really return to work as I am out on an on the job injury from another job and need surgery. I am still waiting for workers comp to approve surgery and will be out for at least 6 weeks following surgery. I am next in line to be called back to my airport and would hate to have to turn it down.

I was furloughed from Res in 2002 . I heard this rumor a few months ago, so I called Employee Travel. They advised me that flight benefits were extended another 3 years past my recall date (my CWA recall date is 1/2006), so I have flight benefits until 1/2009. I sent an email out to several of my former co-workers and most of them had already heard about it. For some reason neither CWA nor the company felt this was important to send out to the furloughees, so it's been spread by word of mouth.

:up:

apofurlough said:
I have tried contacting local steward several times but he never has any answers and only says he will check and get back to me but he never does. If anyone else has any info, I also would like to know.

[post="279998"][/post]​
try your local union office by chance?? same place your steward will go...but you can call there too.