Furlough Notices

SoldWholeSale

Advanced
Mar 4, 2004
As is typical of the company, furlough notices have gone out to the junior MidAtlantic pilots affective 10/15/05 and were recieved on a Friday so they must stress all weekend until questions can be answered. The affective date is at least two weeks before an arbitrators ruling can be handed down. The furlough violates the "no furlough" clause in LOA #93, and will hopefully force some action on the part of this spineless MEC....

I hope all MDA pilots hang together and that any APL pilots being called for the positions realize they will be putting their fellow AAA pilots out of work by accepting the position. The untimate in outsourcing to ones own group, start MDA with furloughed pilots at penny's on the dollar, and then furlough those pilots to hire more of the same AAA/APL once again at first year pay rates at once again a lower pay scale.

I hope everyone sees this for what it is.... I would imagine this will come under the spot light very soon.

ALL OR NONE!!

SH

Unbelievable!!!

A US Airways pilot is to be furloughed in order to make way for a Contract-Carrier new hire in the same airplane on the same routes under the same code. :down:

Perhaps the term 'Scab' needs a new definiton, something in keeping with this 21st Century Union-Busting. Apparently, a 'Scab' no longer needs to cross a picket line to thieve away somebody else's livelihood. :ph34r:

Republic has cancelled classes for new hires and the rumor is that a larger number of MDA pilots bid Republic at the last minute (following furlough notices). Since these pilots can complete training quicker vs new hires with no 170 experience, RAH has decided to train MDA pilots first, since sim time is so hard to come by.

Mr. FL370-

As if things needed more stirring up... Things are bad enough without "contributions" such as that.

"Bubba, them hornets is still cuttin' a shine. Hit that nest with the broom a couple more time 'n see if that don't get'em to settle down."

TBONEJ4J said:
Unbelievable!!!

A US Airways pilot is to be furloughed in order to make way for a Contract-Carrier new hire in the same airplane on the same routes under the same code. :down:

Perhaps the term 'Scab' needs a new definiton, something in keeping with this 21st Century Union-Busting. Apparently, a 'Scab' no longer needs to cross a picket line to thieve away somebody else's livelihood. :ph34r:
[post="298290"][/post]​

THANK YOU!

Could ANYTHING be more blatant?!? If the "mainline" fols don't wake up, like, now and start kicking up a fuss the idea of US Airways as an avtual airline as opposed to a collection of alter egos is toast.

You get a beer if I ever meet you, because you and I have both been warning everyone of this for a couple years now.

FL370 said:
Republic has cancelled classes for new hires and the rumor is that a larger number of MDA pilots bid Republic at the last minute (following furlough notices). Since these pilots can complete training quicker vs new hires with no 170 experience, RAH has decided to train MDA pilots first, since sim time is so hard to come by.
[post="298337"][/post]​

Let me help you with that rumor.

The J4J preference form submission deadline was 09/08. The furlough notices went out on 09/09.

So, there are two possibilities. <_<

Either, the company is sending out furlough notices in an attempt to create FUD among the MDA pilots because nobody is accepting positions at Republic.

Or, someone at Republic is bending the space/time continuum with a time machine, jumping back and forth from the future to the past with furlough notices and preference forms, scrambling the fabric of time so large numbers of MDA pilots can bid Republic within minutes of receiving a furlough notice from the future. :eek:

Hmmm. Now which one is it?

If sim time is so hard to come by, how long will it take to train all the Scabs if no MDA Pilots elect to go to Republic?

ALL or NONE, and NO SCABS. :up:

TBONEJ4J said:
Unbelievable!!!

[post="298290"][/post]​

Does someone have a list of these pilots. We need to post the names in crew rooms. Maybe a little peer pressure would wake some folks up. It would also help when making jumpseat decisions.

bucktar said:
Does someone have a list of these pilots. We need to post the names in crew rooms. Maybe a little peer pressure would wake some folks up. It would also help when making jumpseat decisions.
[post="298550"][/post]​

Yeah,brilliant idea.Is there a strike on at U ? No.Go ahead and start a jumpseat war-it can work both ways.Just remember when you start throwing out the "scab" label-U ALPA AGREED TO THIS.PERIOD.

Frankwasright is right in this case. This was done to the MDA pilots by the company and by AAA alpa. Now, if you want to strike however, not sure how well that will work.

As mad and as upsetting at this is, the people in question do not deserve nor warrant the scab label, since they are not crossing a strike line. Be upset at those who brought you here!

You are correct they are not scabs, they are far worse! A scab crosses a picket line, to replace a faceless unknown person who, they tell themselves, is just trying to take the company for everything they can. These 7 scumbags are taking jobs from their friends and coworkers, so they can upgrade or get better seniority than they would otherwise have. They are well aware of what ALPA and Management are doing and they are also aware of the other 300 or so pilots are doing in order to protect them from these tactics. And yet somehow these idiots go anyway! But yes, a scab is not the correct word, it is much to good for them. And yes anyone that tries to steal my job, or any other union job, is not welcome on my jumpseat! If we dont call the spineless among us for what they are, what is to stop anyone from doing the same.

St. Leibowitz said:
Mr. FL370-

As if things needed more stirring up... Things are bad enough without "contributions" such as that.

"Bubba, them hornets is still cuttin' a shine. Hit that nest with the broom a couple more time 'n see if that don't get'em to settle down."
[post="298365"][/post]​

As I mentioned this is only RUMOR. As someone has posted the timeline doesn't fit, as the bid closed before the furlough notices were sent.

The MDA group needs to quash such rumors as to keep everyone on the same page. Not trying to stir things up!

Dizel8 said:
Frankwasright is right in this case. This was done to the MDA pilots by the company and by AAA alpa. Now, if you want to strike however, not sure how well that will work.

As mad and as upsetting at this is, the people in question do not deserve nor warrant the scab label, since they are not crossing a strike line. Be upset at those who brought you here!
[post="298590"][/post]​

I disagree. The Company and AAA ALPA agreed to change in control provisions which the Company and Republic have chosen to ignore.

There may be no picket-line that is being crossed, but the end result is the same.

The 'Scab' definition has to be updated for this new method of bringing in replacement Workers. The business of Union-Busting has evolved and become more sophisticated. Having such a narrow definition of a 'Scab' simply shows how little ALPA has evolved to react to it.

If the Arbitration ruling goes in favor of the MDA pilots, then any replacement worker at Republic is most certainly a 'Scab'.

All,

My rumor mill says many are furious with AAA ALPA and the current and recent
policies that have gone down. Many have stopped paying dues for various reasons and are now in bad standing. The rank and file list of active pilots places junior pilots around 17 years with a mere couple years seniority more in left seat. There lies reason for many of " screw you, I've got mine " such policies evolving.

My best wihes to MDA pilots, hope justice prevails! :down:

FA

fr8tmastr said:
You are correct they are not scabs, they are far worse! A scab crosses a picket line, to replace a faceless unknown person who, they tell themselves, is just trying to take the company for everything they can. These 7 scumbags are taking jobs from their friends and coworkers, so they can upgrade or get better seniority than they would otherwise have. They are well aware of what ALPA and Management are doing and they are also aware of the other 300 or so pilots are doing in order to protect them from these tactics. And yet somehow these idiots go anyway! But yes, a scab is not the correct word, it is much to good for them. And yes anyone that tries to steal my job, or any other union job, is not welcome on my jumpseat! If we dont call the spineless among us for what they are, what is to stop anyone from doing the same.
[post="298594"][/post]​

How right you are. This concept reminds me of a time not too long ago, when a certain mainline MEC decided to steal commuter pilot jobs from their wholly-owned subsidiaries, by bastardizing a provision in their contract that states: "only pilots on our list can fly jet aircraft", which was really intended to protect them from their company creating an internal SWA. They refused to allow their commuter brother and sister union members to modernize their aging turboprop fleets, unless they gave half of their jobs to the mainline pilots. Pilots who had refused to allow them to flow up to the mainline. Pilots who until RJs came along, wouldn't give them the time of day.

You're aboslutely right. They are far worse than scabs.