Furloughed Non Rev Procedures

chevyman

Jun 25, 2006
I am a furloughed east side type that needs to non rev to Salt Lake City from CLT. I know how to do it on the employee travel site for east metal but nothing comes up for west metal. Any help would be appreciated.

I am a furloughed east side type that needs to non rev to Salt Lake City from CLT. I know how to do it on the employee travel site for east metal but nothing comes up for west metal. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,it worked. :up:

What is up with having to list 12 hours prior to the flight for check in on west metal. What web site do you go to and how do you do it? If you don't have access to a computer,what then? Can I still just go to the airport and get my boarding pass which automatically checks you in,like we do on east metal?

Thanks

You dont HAVE to list 12 hours in advance, thats just the earliest you can get put on the list and it is FCFS. You do this from theHub website. There is an HP checkin area. If you dont have access to a computer you can do it at the airport 4 hours before flight time. Hence one of the many DOH vs FCFS debates.

PS- Do you have a friend somewhere that has a computer and is computer literate?

If I do it at the airport 4 hours prior are you referring to obtaining my boarding pass as satisfying the check in requirement?

Thanks

If I do it at the airport 4 hours prior are you referring to obtaining my boarding pass as satisfying the check in requirement?

Thanks
Chevyman - Make sure you check in 12 hours before... for the FCFS - First Come First Served (if you want to be the first non-rev (no seniority needed) THE FCFS POLICY TREATS EVERYONE = EQUAL :up: :D Good luck and I'm sure "YOU" will make it to SLC with the FCFS policy... :p

whay a crappy policy

I would LOVE to see the economy tank again and all the new hires get furloughed. HA....no flights for YOU. Seniority should be the way it goes.

whay a crappy policy
I would LOVE to see the economy tank again and all the new hires get furloughed. HA....no flights for YOU. Seniority should be the way it goes.
Crappy policy... You may dis-agree with America West Airlines policy. From most of your post in the United Airlines board. I would say that either you are a United Airlines employee or fan. I would stick with what you know over @ the United Board.... Get back over to that board. :p . As for wishing that the economy would tank... Quit talking out of your A**. Not only is the airlines connected to the economy, but 401K's pensions, and many other issues that is more than just a "few new hires" getting furloughed. First what a rude statment that you would wish any employee of any airline to get furloughed. I have many friends that have lived and or living that furloughed life..... Be carefull what you wish for. Too many "new hires" that would get furloughed and you might just see flights cut that would even screw your seniority for NON-Reving. :shock: Furloughed employees get Non-Reving rights at US Airways. <_<
I personally think it should combine Seniority and FCFS. And make if Fair for both East/West. To come up with the best of both sides.

What happend to Peace and Good will Toward all MEN? :D

Chevyman - Make sure you check in 12 hours before... for the FCFS - First Come First Served (if you want to be the first non-rev (no seniority needed) THE FCFS POLICY TREATS EVERYONE = EQUAL :up: :D Good luck and I'm sure "YOU" will make it to SLC with the FCFS policy... :p

Thanks for all the help and advice everyone! :)

Has anyone traveled as a furloughed employee lately on an international trip. My wife and I traveled to Europe back in 2003 with no problems as a furloughee! I was wondering if it is still the same! Looking to go to Rome next month.

YAWN. :bleh: