Furloughes in Inflight

N513AU

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
It's probably coming. The hatchet men bloodied maintenance over the past two weeks. Some departments have been left so short they can't complete their necessary functions (or at least legally). But, Dave knows best right?

I've heard the rumor about additional furloughs among the flight attendant group at mainline! Does anyone have any information to throw in?? Just curious (about 50 miles down the recall list here and been out of the loop for some time).
Cheers

[blockquote]
----------------
Some departments have been left so short they can't complete their necessary functions (or at least legally).
----------------
[/blockquote]

Errrr, I don't think I wanted to know that......

I take that back I do want to know that I was just hoping not to hear it.....

Considering In-flight DENIED around 200 people a Voluntary Furlough because they are expected to be understaffed in 04-03...I don't think so? I talked to AFA and they said they have not been informed of any additional F/A cuts. However....another trigger even could arise that would cause that to change. Such as taking the fleet to 245.....
They are not getting any more $$$ or productivity from AFA so they gotta do what they gotta do. AFA does even want to hear it nor have they been asked. AFA knows full well that even if they did sit down with the company the F/A's would not give them what they want if it came to a VOTE. I am not going to VOTE myself out of a job in the name of Productivity.
Also....can you let us know where this rumor is coming from? AFA is pretty good about sqashing such RUMORS with an E-Line or something.

N513AU states above:

It's probably coming. The hatchet men bloodied maintenance over the past two weeks. Some departments have been left so short they can't complete their necessary functions (or at least legally). But, Dave knows best right?

I ask when are they cutting maintenance management?