Gemini

berkeley

Dec 12, 2005
Anyone out there have information on Gemini Air Cargo? ie financial health, quality of organization?

Gemini Air Cargo is owned by the Carlye Group:

The Carlyle Group is a global private equity firm with more than $34.9 billion under management. Carlyle generates extraordinary returns for its investors by employing a conservative, proven, and disciplined approach. Carlyle invests in buyouts, real estate, leveraged finance and venture in Asia, Europe and North America, focusing on aerospace & defense, automotive & transportation, consumer & retail, energy & power, healthcare, industrial, technology & business services and telecommunications & media. Since 1987, the firm has invested more than $14.9 billion. The Carlyle Group employs more than 600 people in offices in 14 countries. In the aggregate, Carlyle portfolio companies have more than $30 billion in revenue and employ more than 131,000 people around the world.
http://www.carlyle.com/eng/

Sounds pretty healthy to me.

yea right. They have no issues with pay freezes....life is peachy

I do not know about any pay issues. I do not work for them I do however deal with them every so often.

my company is a supplier to them and they seem excellent to deal with. just curious to get everyone's feedback.

Yea right even though they are in bankruptcy!!

From what I know about them, they are a well-run organization and morale is high, despite the pay freeze. The bankruptcy was pre-packaged to redo the plane leases, so there's no danger of them going out of business. I am pretty sure that Carlyle no longer owns them but sold them to a capital venture firm. They fly for Fedex, Air Canada, Lufthansa and other customers like it. Freight is just a bottom-feeding business and the pay reflects that.

Freight is just a bottom-feeding business and the pay reflects that.

Ahem -- the cargo people are very profitable. Just depends on which carrier you choose.

Kinda like working for USAir vs Southwest -- who would you rather work for these days?

Hey, want to achieve job security? Go get a job with Atlas/Polar Air (and buy lotsa stock) before UPS buys them out. Bank on it.

Michael Chowdry assembled the largest 747 cargo fleet in the world before he died in that Czech fighter on the high plains. Too bad the company went Ch11 because now the financiers will reap the rewards....

Latest posts

Back