Get ready for your 4% paycut 12/31/06!

autofixer

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Inflation has taken a 19% bite out of your buying power since 2000. This year you lost another 4%. When is enough going to be enough? Even at 2000 pay rates you would make 19% less today. Management knows this, that is why they do not focus on salary but rather stock options and bonuses. :angry:

Inflation has taken a 19% bite out of your buying power since 2000. This year you lost another 4%. When is enough going to be enough? Even at 2000 pay rates you would make 19% less today. Management knows this, that is why they do not focus on salary but rather stock options and bonuses. :angry:

My $350/week flying a 33 million dollar jet just doesn't seem to pay the bills.
I guess if i pay ALPA more things would get better right?

My $350/week flying a 33 million dollar jet just doesn't seem to pay the bills.
I guess if i pay ALPA more things would get better right?

That's just awful.

I agree - paying more union dues to ALPA probably won't solve that problem.

What would begin to solve the problem is if fewer people were willing to fly a $33 million jet for $350/wk.

There are tens of millions of nonunion jobs in this country where it's very unlikely that anybody makes less $1,000/wk. I doubt any doctors, lawyers, accountants, engineers, MBAs, computer tech geeks, mechanics, sales people, etc. would do what they do full-time for $350/wk.

I just wanted to remind all that it is not JUST pay (or loss of pay), it is inflation that is eating you alive. Just tell management NO and demand a fair wage with cost of living adjustments! Even people who are SSI disability get COLA adjustments and they produce nothing.

Quitting just wouldn't do it. We have a 80% turnover rate for flight attendents within the first year. Do you think anything changes? No. You can fill out OPS reports till you are blue in the face. But nothing happens. Companies have time on their hands, stall, stall, stall. There has to be other options then a work action but maybe that is what it would take. Ya we all end up in Jail but then Fox news would have something worthwhile to talk about.

I'm long gone from Uair and doing plenty better than a 22 year Uair mech. I still can't believe what I see! Even when people at other bankrupt industries lose their job, they get incredible buyouts, pay off the house and do whatever. As ussual all airline workers that lost their job got was the wassooo! I still consider myself an airline loser, but lucky to be free from the beatings!

I think that $350 is after all the deductions. ;) **looks at his $400 paycheck for two weeks**

Oh, and btw.. I miss my $35/hr salary .. Oh but I dunno why but I thought this would be a cool thing to put my foot into a slamming door!!!

So much for IT @ us airways.