Getting hired at SWA

What's the key to getting hired at SWA at MDW for the ramp? Also how is it working there? Any info would gladly be appreciated.

Visit southwest.com & learn about the culture and leadership. Dress to impress. Be upbeat and genuine. Most importantly, NEVER give up. My bff applied 4 times before she was hired, & she is LUVing it! I used to work for SWA and moved onto a gov job, but this was the best airline experience I ever had. Remember, a quitter never wins, a winner never quits! And don't be shy, tell your interviewer how much you want to work for SWA & ask what it is you need to do to join in this fabulous airline! Good luck!

I do work for WN, hence the name - WNrforlife. (Get it? WN 'er for life) I'm a 4-digit dinosaur (That means four - digit employee number to you rookies. There aren't many of us left working at WN)

:up: :up: :up:

There is a common snicker here in BWI regarding crew callouts regarding TPA.

Apparently they think he has forgotten to complete his employee number in the log book when he only signs 2 digits. Local MX quickly recognizes who it is and inform the crew it's one of the orignals who is still alive and well there in TPA and that is his complete employee number. :up:

Attendance is critical. Tell them you are reliable, flexible and work hard. They really want to hear why they should hire you. What will it benefit SWA if you work for them not how it will benefit you. They emphasize team work and helping others. It's really a company with union only in name. Everyone helps everyone else...which makes it fun to work there! It's definitely worth trying again.

Attendance is critical. Tell them you are reliable, flexible and work hard. They really want to hear why they should hire you. What will it benefit SWA if you work for them not how it will benefit you. They emphasize team work and helping others. It's really a company with union only in name. Everyone helps everyone else...which makes it fun to work there! It's definitely worth trying again.
Thanks for the info. Will give it a try.

Latest posts