God won't destroy the earth again... don't worry about GW

Ms Tree

Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
OK, I understand that there can be a difference of opinion on issues. But this loon is in a Congressional hearing and he is quoting the bible as his source of info that we should not worry about GW. I know it is a lot to ask for but can't we at least keep the argument based on science and not some fairy tale? And to think that this loon is going to be the ranking member on environmental and energy policy. That makes me feel confident.

Hufington Post
First, he noted God's post-Flood promise to Noah in Genesis 8:21-22.

"Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though all inclinations of his heart are evil from childhood and never again will I destroy all living creatures as I have done.

"As long as the earth endures, seed time and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, will never cease."
Story continues below
Advertisement

"I believe that's the infallible word of God, and that's the way it's going to be for his creation," Shimkus said.

Reactions: 4 people
Poor, poor atheists hand wringing again over (gulp) GOD?

Seriously?

Maybe you should look in your own camp first perhaps?

al-gore-plane.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Nope. I just take issue with someone who believes a 600 yr old man actually built a ship large enough to hold a pair of every land based animal on the face of the earth along with food and provisions for 40 days. Anyone that far detatche from reality should not be in a position of power.

Reactions: 4 people
Nope. I just take issue with someone who believes a 600 yr old man actually built a ship large enough to hold a pair of every land based animal on the face of the earth along with food and provisions for 40 days. Anyone that far detatche from reality should not be in a position of power.

He didn't, he took DNA samples from every animal and so on and the aliens who frequented history ( Gods) cloned them and bingo......new world.

Sucks to be you then if things like this sends you into a kerfuffle...what can I say. ;)

OK, I understand that there can be a difference of opinion on issues. But this loon is in a Congressional hearing and he is quoting the bible as his source of info that we should not worry about GW. I know it is a lot to ask for but can't we at least keep the argument based on science and not some fairy tale? And to think that this loon is going to be the ranking member on environmental and energy policy. That makes me feel confident.

Hufington Post

You must be talking about this kind of science !

http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/main/ArticlesMain/tabid/56/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/849/quot95-water-vapourquot-Global-warming-debunked-by-New-Zealand-Meteorologist.aspx

"95% water vapour" Global warming debunked by New Zealand Meteorologist

"Climate change will be considered a joke in five years time, meteorologist Augie Auer told the annual meeting of Mid Canterbury Federated Farmers in Ashburton (New Zealand) this week. Man’s contribution to the greenhouse gases was so small we couldn’t change the climate if we tried, he maintained."

Hey, and this is from "The Anointed One's" home state ! :unsure:

You must be talking about this kind of science !

http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/main/ArticlesMain/tabid/56/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/849/quot95-water-vapourquot-Global-warming-debunked-by-New-Zealand-Meteorologist.aspx

"95% water vapour" Global warming debunked by New Zealand Meteorologist

"Climate change will be considered a joke in five years time, meteorologist Augie Auer told the annual meeting of Mid Canterbury Federated Farmers in Ashburton (New Zealand) this week. Man’s contribution to the greenhouse gases was so small we couldn’t change the climate if we tried, he maintained."

Hey, and this is from "The Anointed One's" home state ! :unsure:

I have to strongly disagree with the articles assumptions....

It took less then a year to be considered a joke!

Hiding the decline...

graph1hockeystick-thumb.jpg

graph2hockeystick-thumb.jpg