Goings On At Isp

Feb 11, 2004
With Southwest getting ready to open up there new $60 Million Dollar terminal at ISP in April 2004, does anyone have any information on any new flights that may be coming to the island.
With the 2004 US Open here at Southampton in middle June, ISP will be the closest major airport (55 Miles) west of the course, perhaps one time only flights by Delta, Continental or American will be added to handle the volume.

If I recall correctly, the WN terminal won't be ready much before September--it was delayed both by weather and beaurocracy.

As much as I would like to see a growth at ISP, I think the only thing which will grow is the traffic of large corporate jets. The open near FRG did nothing for schedules last year.

I would welcome ANY growth by any airline at ISP.

I bring up the US Open because i see that USAirways is adding flights for the Masters in April.

ARLINGTON, Va., January 9, 2004 --- US Airways announced today the expansion of its service to Augusta, Ga., to provide customers more nonstop routes and frequencies to one of the world’s most renowned golfing events, the 2004 Masters® Golf Tournament. The expanded service will begin April 3, with additional flights continuing until April 12, 2004.

Islip Town Supervisor Pete McGowan was recently quoted as saying SWA's new terminal would open by July. I haven't yet seen anything that pins it down more exactly.