Good By 737s & Sim

FLYAWAY

Advanced
Dec 27, 2003
Listen carefully TODAY for information about 35 737-300s and the CLT sim going to FedEx, training relief request from the company and additional A320 family A/C.

FLYAWAY said:
Listen carefully TODAY for information about 35 737-300s and the CLT sim going to FedEx, training relief request from the company and additional A320 family A/C.
Here we go again!

The company is telling us they can't afford to buy RJs and now they are going to buy more airbii, give me a break!

Also they have to maintain the fleet count at 279 and you can't sell something you don't own.

700UW said:
Also they have to maintain the fleet count at 279 and you can't sell something you don't own.
I didn't say "sell". I just said that the 737s were going to FedEx. The "hows" of the lease assumption is not the concern, it's the A/C leaving this property. Lets wait and see what replaces them...319/320, 767, 190s.

USFlyer said:
What is the source of this information?
Without implicating anyone, lets just say that there are a group of "people" who will be asked to decide there bid preference for July 1, 2004. The first of the "transfer" will begin then. I'm not trying to "break" news, just today will be a day(as well as the rest of the week) to pay attention.

Light Years said:
LOL, too bad they cant take F/As... ;)
I didn't mean to imply that the pilots would go with these A/C, the word is that they will not.

Well, if this is true it seems the company is doing its best to screw up again. Keep the sim where the smallest number of 737 pilots are based and sell the one where the biggest number of 737 pilots are based. It's not a hugh difference, but a few extra hotel rooms a month and a few extra "training days" paid each month because of travel the day before or after all adds up.

Jim

Before we all jump to conclusions,

I had heard a few weeks ago that 35 737's would go to Fedex, but that most if not all were parked at Mojave at present, therefore not part of the active fleet. Is this in fact not the case?

If they are from the active fleet, then what to replace them if we are bound to the 279 minimum?

My best to you all....

BoeingBoy said:
Well, if this is true it seems the company is doing its best to screw up again. Keep the sim where the smallest number of 737 pilots are based and sell the one where the biggest number of 737 pilots are based. It's not a hugh difference, but a few extra hotel rooms a month and a few extra "training days" paid each month because of travel the day before or after all adds up.

Jim
Getting rid of the 737's is not a bad thing to do. The 737's are getting old, and the truth is that the airbii are better, more fuel efficient, and going to a single fleet type for domestic ops is a good way to become solvent again.

The AeroTransport Data Bank reports 11 737s stored. Total active fleet at 271.