Good News...Another Bonus

EricLv2Fish

Veteran
Aug 25, 2005
Congratulations! In January, we recapped a successful holiday performance and, this week, the
Department of Transportation (DOT) confirmed that we ranked high among our competition. In fact,
our on-time performance of 77.2 percent was second among major airlines for December (behind only
Southwest). That means that, for the third consecutive month, the employees of the new US Airways will
receive $50, bringing the quarter's total payout to $150 per employee.
We’ve been tooting our horn when it comes to A14 for the last three
months (but hey, employees have earned it!), but we also know we have
two areas to keep improving: baggage and customer complaints sent
directly to the DOT.
Hat Trick Measurements
December’s combined mishandled baggage ratio came in at 8.5 (ninth
place); meaning nearly nine out of every 1,000 passengers filed a
baggage complaint. And our combined DOT customer complaints
were 1.39 (tenth place); which means that 1.39 passengers out of every
100,000 complained directly to the DOT about our service.
Still, for the outstanding A14, employees up to managing director-level (totaling more than
35,000 employees!) will receive their $50 in February as part of their regular paychecks.
Express Performance
On the Express side, employees participated in a separate program that delivers a payout
when their A14 performance is higher than 82 percent, or when they beat the mainline
performance in a month when mainline makes a payout. With a monthly A14 of 72.2
percent, they unfortunately did not make either goal.
2006 Hat Trick
Starting in 2006, with January’s DOT results, which will be announced in March, US
Airways wholly owned subsidiaries PSA and Piedmont will be included in the mainline
program. That means that if mainline US is within the top three in A14, all employees,
including Express, will receive $50. Also, if mainline ranks among the top three in
complaints to the DOT and baggage mishandling, each employee will receive $50 more, for
a total of $100.
Congratulations on
another successful month.
Let's start 2006 with $100
for January!
Fe b r u a r y 3 , 2 0 0 6 A US Ai rwa y s Emp l o y e e Pu b l i c a t i o n I s s u e Th i r t y Ei g h t
February 3, 2006

Let's see how long it is before someone puts a negative spin on another payout. <_<

Yes, I'm also grateful for the bonus,

Let's not forget the HUGE Pay and Benefit Sacrifices SOME employees were required to give,

While other employees were required to give back a whopping 1%, [at the most], While others profited nicely off the back of others...

Yes, I'm also grateful for the bonus,

Let's not forget the HUGE Pay and Benefit Sacrifices SOME employees were required to give,

While other employees were required to give back a whopping 1%, [at the most], While others profited nicely off the back of others...
I am very happy that the EXPRESS will be added to the mainline for those bonuses! Lets keep up the excellent work

Let's see how long it is before someone puts a negative spin on another payout. <_<

I'm not complaining. I am grateful! Every little thing helps.
We must remember that in this day of age we have to be grateful for every little thing. If anyone complains about the $50, send it over to me. Send it to someone that really appreciates it.

I am very happy that the EXPRESS will be added to the mainline for those bonuses! Lets keep up the excellent work
If those express carriers where owned by LCC, rather than vendors, I could see paying them a bonus. Shouldn't a bonus be part of a negotiated contract with airlines such as Mesa? And how does Mesa hand out bonuses to workers who are directly tied to US Exp. and not to the rest of their staff?

Unless I misread it, only PDT & PSA will be included in the mainline bonus program (anyone know if MDA is already included?). But I have been known to misread things before....

Jim

Are the vendors, with their separate bonus program, being paid by LCC as well?

MDA is considered mainline (shhh, don't tell anyone! its supposed to be Express!) in regards to the bonus program.

Ontime for Express is hampering the wholly owns who normally exceed the performance of contract carriers. I know this from seeing PSA's and Piedmont's published monthly numbers verses Express total numbers.

At Christmas time with Piedmont...A fresh 100 dollar bill..Piedmont had to pay 108 or109 in taxes for us to get the fin.

With U, I think I had taxes taken out of anything they get me.

Nice

SL

Sure did. I don't know why some people don't just appreciate what they are given.
[/quote

I believe everyone appreciates these bonuses,

It's just wrong that some were required to give up so much,
while others gave up very little, And the upper echelon
walks away with millions...

Latest posts