Good News...More Flight Attendant recalls

jersey777

Veteran
May 24, 2006
NEWSFLASH*****NEWSFLASH*****NEWSFLASH*****NEWSFLASH*****

February 7, 2011

Heads up - the letters for the first batch of never recalls will be sent next Monday, February 14 to approx 150 F/As.

They anticipate another batch of about 220 to go out in March /April for a total of 370. No word yet how many beyond that number.

Training will be 4 weeks for an online date of June 1

Now for the downside. (please don't shoot the messenger). There will not be an early process out clause. The reason is legal. The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) has strict guidelines regarding retirement. The company cannot bypass this law even if they wanted to.

Therefore; anyone who did not attain 15 years company seniority prior to furlough in 03' will have to make the years up to equal 15.

For example, if you had 14 ½ years of company seniority at the time of furlough - you will be required to return for 6 months in order to retire under the company retirement policy

Equally, if you were not yet 50 but are now 50 and have 15 or more years of company seniority - you must be trained and go online for 1 day before you can retire under the 50-55 rule.

Anyone who is 55 or older with 15 years company seniority may retire after 1 day online

A travel separation option will be offered.

I know there will be many questions. I have been asked to participate on the committee to put together a Q&A for this group. This group has never been trained in AA metal therefore; the circumstances will be unique

In Unity - Willie

Great news.

You might want to re-think typing out your email address however... These forums get picked up by Google pretty quickly, and the spam-bots may already have found it.

Replace it with something spelled out or with an image showing the address

e.g. "LGAChair followed by at and then AOL.com" is less likely to get spammed...

You might also ask the moderator to lock this for comments, and post as a sticky. Otherwise it is inevitable that people will start discussing and asking questions.

Great news.

You might want to re-think typing out your email address however... These forums get picked up by Google pretty quickly, and the spam-bots may already have found it.

Replace it with something spelled out or with an image showing the address

e.g. "LGAChair followed by at and then AOL.com" is less likely to get spammed...

You might also ask the moderator to lock this for comments, and post as a sticky. Otherwise it is inevitable that people will start discussing and asking questions.

Thanks for the heads up. I just copied and pasted an email I got. That is not my email and I have never been involved in the APFA except to be a loyal member.

How do you edit a post that is a day old? As far as I know you can only edit within a certain time frame. Done...the moderator took care of it. Thank you.

It's official. We received an email from Flight Service confirming the above information.

Isn't that the whole idea of a forum?

MK

I think eolesen thought that the OP, jersey777, was the author of the email and at the time, the text of the email requested that nobody ask questions. That part, along with the email address of the LGA base chair, has since been edited out. And, of course, we now know that the OP did not write the email - only that they posted it here.

Yep -- I was under the impression that Jersey didn't want discussion.

But now that that's thrown out....

ERISA requires employees to be back on payroll and on property, but does it require them to be in their former job classification?

Is there any good reason (other than the contract?) that you couldn't allow those who clearly communicate their intent to be extreme short-timers to work in a "restricted duty" position for that day, e.g. let them meet & greet customers in the lobby at JFK & direct people to the right queues, or work in the Admirals Club....

Why make them go thru the time and expense of training (including the potential for injury)? If nothing else, it might help clear out the recall list so those who want to work will be able to return to work, and not be made to wait any longer than they already have...

Yep -- I was under the impression that Jersey didn't want discussion.

But now that that's thrown out....

ERISA requires employees to be back on payroll and on property, but does it require them to be in their former job classification?

Is there any good reason (other than the contract?) that you couldn't allow those who clearly communicate their intent to be extreme short-timers to work in a "restricted duty" position for that day, e.g. let them meet & greet customers in the lobby at JFK & direct people to the right queues, or work in the Admirals Club....

Why make them go thru the time and expense of training (including the potential for injury)? If nothing else, it might help clear out the recall list so those who want to work will be able to return to work, and not be made to wait any longer than they already have...

Funny, this must be a new rule. We had a "paper" return to retire.

I hate to be the one to open this can of worms, but will this recall include any of the former TWA folks?

They're all former TWA FAs. All but one or two of the furloughed FAs at this point once flew for TWA.

Latest posts