Goodbye Roc Fleet Service Employees

FLYUSAIRWAYS

Advanced
Feb 21, 2004
It's time to say a final goodbye to all the ROC Fleet Service employees that I have had the pleasure to work with for the last 30 years. During this time, I have seen hundreds come and go, and have seen many stay thru thick and thin. Last night, there was a party (picnic) going on in the ramp room. Grilled hot dogs, hamburgers, salads, chips, and cakes, etc. lined the tables, and all were feasting the end of an era. Sunday night will be the last day of employment for many of my co-workers that I have know since the 1970's, when I started working for Allegheny Airlines. There seems to be a feeling of disbelief. This can't be true. I am actually saying a final goodbye to friends and co-workers that I have seen on a daily basis for almost 30 years. About 7 are staying on with the contract company for $8.00 ah hr. some are retiring. 2 are going to CLT, 2 to PHL, and the rest are going to start collecting Unemployment Benefits. As I said my final goodbyes to my friends on the ramp, and walked out to the parking lot to my car, and drove down the road, it didn't really hit me till I was a few miles down the road. Wow, this is real, I'm not going to see these people anymore. I got a huge lump in my throat, and started to choke up. I know nothing lasts forever, but this is really the end of the line for these folks. Life as I know it at work, will never be the same starting Monday. I wish you all the best of luck in what ever you decide to do with your future working years, and look forward to seeing you at the airport when you travel on vacation. Good bye my many friends and coworkers. I will miss you dearly.

good luck too all of you roc folks. we at abe face a similar fate as june 5 is our last day. starting june 6th, piedmont airlines is taking over the operations at abe and they are going have 6full time, 2 ramp supervisor, a ramp manager, and 10 part timers. pt dont get benes only three of us are for sure leaving counting me. sad to say the least but this airline is never ever going to be what it once was

FLY,Take care of your self buddy...it was fun for a while, then no more fun.
It happened to me too as I started in ALB in 1971 with Allegheny , and was lucky to take an early out in customer service.

Not the way I wanted it to end, but the way it must end.

I'm being told that there is life after usairways, and there is for sure!

Lets get out there and find it...I can hardly wait!

Good-luck to you FLY!

Goodbye ROC - I spent some time there in maintenance few years ago. Just another fine outstation being sealed shut. B.M. was a fine manager for ops. Now that maintenance has been completely closed, the company is forcing my recall to PIT which with my seniority means I will be recalled soon. This will finally seal my fate with Uair since I now have a better career. They threw away my career and my pension. The only thing that they dangle now is flying benefits when I retire. They can have them, they suck, they discust me and from this point on I will go extaordinarilly out of my way to recommend against doing business with the most dispicable company on earth! Mark my words - I will ultimatly cost Uair more than if they had made me VP of nothing! How dare a company turn its back on its employees, the cities who made it, and America itself. Uair has led the way to the complete declassing of the airline industry possibly even more than W and 9/11 put together! Uair has made history. Good luck to the ROC victims and all the others and also NEVER FORGET!

GGU,

You can put any maintenance station as your recall station, the company cannot force you to put a city they tell you down.

700UW said:
GGU,

You can put any maintenance station as your recall station, the company cannot force you to put a city they tell you down.
[post="264340"][/post]​
Just got the letter yesterday, my recall station has been changed to PIT against my will. I do have the option to change it to another current maint. sta. Either way I'm about to be forced out for good with 21 years. The letter stated that PIT was geographically the closest to my former recall station which no longer has any maint. I'm sure others have gotten their recall sta. forced to another also. I'll try to breath down the union's arse monday, but I suspect they will bable whaa!

Just send a certified letter to M&E and change your recall station to where you choose.

700UW said:
Just send a certified letter to M&E and change your recall station to where you choose.
[post="264437"][/post]​
I don't understand where your coming from. I've stated all the facts. my recall station of over 3 years has been changed by the company. The letter is from Tim Conlan and has supposed contractual references to why this has happened. I'm not interested in being recalled out of my domicile, just think it's interesting that after being forced out, they could open a closed maint. sta. the next day (un-likely) and hire off the street. Recall rights, like vacation obviously aren't sacred anymore when you have the IAM advantage. Oh well, Some poor slob can have my slot!

There will be a gathering of all employees who worked in ROC ever in their career this Saturday the 30 of April at the Holiday Inn Airport. One last chance to see people we haven't seen in years and maybe never see again. How truly sad things have to end this way. the ramp has dated back to the 1950's and Mohawk Airlines.

It is sad to see this same senerio taking place at 20+ stations around the System.
It is a shame that the Company wants to rid itself of the dedicated career employees such as yourself. I am willing to bet that the Money saved by outsourcing these Stations will not amount to enough to return the Airline to profitability. They are losing Millions a day, and will maybe save a few thousand by going this route. :down:

Best wishes to all the ROC employees. Always great service flying in and out while spending my years up in Rochester.

-JC

Latest posts