Ground Time

hack73

Advanced
Jan 17, 2003
www.usaviation.com
How do you make money with your airplanes,when they are in the air,not on the ground.There are planes that have 2 hours of ground time,Southwest never has a plane on the ground for more than 35 minutes during the day.Of course to have quickturns,you must have proper staffing,that will never happen with this management team.
Also,has anyone noticed that AA recently gave all of their American Eagle exprees work to their mainline agents.They said that it is easier to have one group of employees,not new employees every 3 months that you have to train,uniforms and background checks.
If Dave and his crew would give the ramp and customer service to his mainline employees,they would do a much better job than the idiots who work at express!It is so sad to watch this company fall apart,we are dying a slow death!

A friend of mine works the line in DCA he told me..

They have been accomplishing a new upload to the Airbus NATSUE. (Kinda like the ACARS on the Boeings). Earlier versions allowed pilots pay to start once movement of the A/C was dectected.....!! :p :p

Now, this new load only allows for the pilots flight pay to begin once ACTUALLY AIRBORNE. It detects wheels up.

Whats this mean...??? Mo Money for Dave, Mo Money for Dave, Mo Money for Dave. :huh: :eek:

Pilots out there...Is this true...??? Sounds contractual to me. <_<

"B. Actual block to block time or scheduled time, whichever is greater, shall be used in comput­ing all flight time for pay purposes.

B."Block to Block" for flying pay purposes means that period of time beginning when an aircraft first moves from the ramp blocks for the purpose of flight and ending when the aircraft comes to a stop at the ramp for the purpose of loading or unloading at either intermediate stops or final destination. "

These are direct quotes from the AFA contract. It is pretty staight forward about pay. I'm not srue, but I believe this was taken from ALPA's wordage.

Smartest Loser said:
A friend of mine works the line in DCA he told me..

They have been accomplishing a new upload to the Airbus NATSUE. (Kinda like the ACARS on the Boeings). Earlier versions allowed pilots pay to start once movement of the A/C was dectected.....!! :p :p

Now, this new load only allows for the pilots flight pay to begin once ACTUALLY AIRBORNE. It detects wheels up.

Whats this mean...??? Mo Money for Dave, Mo Money for Dave, Mo Money for Dave. :huh: :eek:

Pilots out there...Is this true...??? Sounds contractual to me. <_<
Even Dave is not stupid enough to try that! Then again........

I would have serious concerns if this was true. Taxi Operations at any airport can be interesting at best. I consider this vital to the whole flight operation. I want to be assured that during the critical stages of take-off that our pilots are getting credited for checking and rechecking V1, Runway Conditions/Length, Clearance, and dozens of other items that ensure the safety of crew and passengers.

This is no way stating that pilots would not be safe otherwise. Only a fool would believe such. I am stating that "wheels-up" is not the only critical part of take-off phase, and the professionals that ensure mom/dad/little timmy and sue make it to "wheels-up" should be paid accordingly.

/rant :D

OldpropGuy said:

Even Dave is not stupid enough to try that! Then again........
Put nothing past him.

Attachments

• AC_taxi.jpeg
    AC_taxi.jpeg
    3.7 KB · Views: 79

Latest posts