Guide: Nonrev

Fly4Free

Veteran
May 31, 2006
Wherever.
Visit site
I'm sure everyone already knows this, but I found some interesting stuff about our Nonrev benefit.

US Airways
Combined Travel Policy

Travel Program
  • Free travel for employees, spouse and dependent children.
  • Parents $15 per direction plus segment/security fees and international taxes if applicable, system wide excluding Europe and Hawaii; $40 per direction plus segment/security fees and international taxes for Europe and Hawaii.
  • Non-dependent children to age 35 and eligible parents-in-law pay guest pass rate under new mileage-based system described in Guest Pass program section.
  • Domestic partners and Registered Guests travel free but have imputed income payroll tax impact to the employee.
Procedures
  • List and check-in on-line and list via automated phone system.
Boarding Priorities

• [*]SA1– Vacation pass electronically credited in travel profile. Allows employee and all accompanying family members one round trip per pass. 2 per year per active employee and 1 per year per retired employee.
    [*]SA2 – Applicant, Emergency/Bereavement Travel for active and retired employees.
    [*]SA3 – Personal/Vacation – active employees and their accompanying family members and/or guests.
    [*]SA4 – Personal/Vacation Employees on leave and retirees. Unaccompanied family members of employees.
    [*]SA5 – US Express non-wholly owned active employees, retired employees and employees on leave. Unaccompanied family members of retired employees with less than 20 years of service.
    [*]SA6 – Company Business Other Airline.
    [*]SA7 – Personal/Vacation Other Airline. Unaccompanied guest pass travelers.
    [*]SA8 - Applicant – US Express Non-Wholly Owned.​
Method of Boarding
  • In 2007 US and HP aircraft and system will maintain YOH, Priority, and then Check-in time boarding for both US and HP employees and eligible family.
Company Business Travel
  • Space positive company business travel will be provided to employees who have a need to travel on official US Airways company business.
  • Boarding Priority:
  • SP0 – US and US Express wholly-owned subsidiaries.
  • SP1 – US Express Regional carrier employees.
  • MR – Must ride deadheading personnel.
ID20 Program (HP) / ED20 Program (US)
  • Name change to ED 20 program. Employees and eligible family members are eligible to purchase revenue confirmed tickets at 20% discount on Mainline and Express flights. Also available on land packages offered through Vacations.
Flexi Pass Program (HP) / Companion Pass Program (US)
  • Name change to Guest Pass Program. 8 RT Guest passes per year distributed electronically.
  • Mileage fares –
  • $25 o/w 0-500 miles
  • $30 o/w 501-1000 miles
  • $40 o/w 1001+ miles
  • $100 o/w Europe and Hawaii
  • Segment and security fees and international taxes will be charged in addition to the above fares.
  • HP unexpired paper flexi pass coupons will be “traded-in†at a formula of 5 to 1 for an electronic guest pass at new fares. Paper passes will be invalid except for the trade-in process as soon as the new guest pass program is activated. 4th Quarter 2005 Flexi passes will be credited at an amount of 2 electronic passes for HP employees as a one-time transition into the new Guest Pass program.

Registered Guest Policy
  • Single, full-time and part-time employees are eligible to register one guest each calendar year for space available travel on Mainline and Express flights. Single, divorced or widowed status employees only eligible to participate.
  • Travel is at same rates as employees but is taxable via imputed income on employee’s paycheck. No proof of relationship necessary. Registered Guest must be 18 years of age or older and present government-issued photo ID or Birth Certificate to enroll.
Committed Partner (HP) / Domestic Partner (US)
  • Name change to Domestic Partner program.
  • Available to authorized domestic partners.
  • Approved domestic partner application must be on file with the Employee Benefits department.
  • Travel is at same rates as employees but is taxable via imputed income on employee’s paycheck.
Leave of Absence Travel
  • All leaves of absence must be authorized and recorded in the HR Records system.
  • Military - unlimited travel at no cost without any expiration for employee and eligible family members while on active duty.
  • Medical – unlimited passes for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment only (includes travel by accompanying family members.) Two vacation/personal passes which may be used anytime during the leave by the employee or eligible family members.
  • FMLA – unlimited passes for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment only (includes travel by accompanying family members.) Two vacation/personal passes which may be used anytime during the leave by the employee or eligible family members.
  • Personal – unlimited passes for the purposes of obtaining medical treatment only. No personal passes allowed.
  • ED20 privilege, Registered Guest travel, (within the above limits) and eligibility to receive and use guest passes during all leaves.
Emergency Travel
  • Employees and eligible family members receive positive space travel for death or critical illness of immediate family member on-line. Travel must be within 48 hours of emergency. Immediate family members include:
  • Employee
  • Spouse/partner
  • Children of employee/spouse/partner
  • Parents and step-parents of employee/spouse/partner
  • Brother or sister of employee/spouse/partner
  • Children-in-law of employee/spouse/partner
    Grandparents of employee/spouse/partner
  • Grandchildren of employee/spouse/partner
  • Retirees are not eligible for positive space emergency travel. They receive SA1 priority.
  • In the event of the impending death or death of employee, additional family members are authorized to travel positive space, including siblings, parents-in-law, adult non-dependent children and grandparents-in-law.
Travel by Surviving Spouse or Surviving Domestic Partner
  • The surviving spouse, domestic partner, dependent children, non-dependent children (to age 35) and parents of a deceased employee receive unlimited on-line pass travel for a period equaling 1 year for each completed year of service by the deceased employee, with a minimum of one year and a maximum of 5 years.
First and Envoy Class Upgrades
  • $20 per segment throughout system with the exception of Europe and Hawaii
  • $100 per segment for Europe and Hawaii.
Baggage Claim Policy
  • Space available pass travelers are not compensated for lost or damaged baggage. Bags will be traced.
  • Company business travelers are compensated for lost and damaged bags limited to $2,800 max per ticketed passenger unless a higher value is declared and paid for in advance.
Children in First or Envoy Class
  • Children under the age of 12 are not eligible to upgrade to the First Class or Envoy Class cabins.
Cabin Pets
  • Cabin pets allowed on a space available basis free of charge. Current limits on number of pets per cabin and size/health of pets still apply.
Cargo Pets
  • Will not be accommodated.
Dress Code
  • Casual in Coach – shorts, jeans, t-shirts and sneakers and sandals are permitted in good taste.
  • Business Casual in First and Envoy Class – golf shirts, khakis/chinos, dark-colored denim, pantsuits, open-toed dress sandals.
Excess and Oversized Baggage, Sporting Equipment
  • Employees, family, registered guests and accompanied guest pass travelers are allowed to check excess and oversized baggage and sports equipment for no additional charges.
  • Unaccompanied guest pass travelers are subject to standard excess baggage policies and fees.

Human Remains Shipments
  • US will ship free on a space available basis for any US and US Express employees and their eligible family members, including registered guest.
Dependent Children Qualifications
  • Children age 19 or over must be dependent, unmarried full-time student and must provide proof of full-time attendance each semester to stay dependent.
  • Children become non-dependent once they no longer attend school full-time or reach age 25, whichever applies first.
New Hire Pass Travel Eligibility
  • Travel privileges will begin upon completion of 30 days of service.
Pass-termination Travel
  • No travel after voluntary separation with the company (unless an eligible retiree). No use of guest passes or any pass travel privileges for employee or any family member after termination of employment.

I'm sure everyone already knows this, but I found some interesting stuff about our Nonrev benefit.
US Airways
Combined Travel Policy

Travel Program
  • Free travel for employees, spouse and dependent children.
  • Parents $15 per direction plus segment/security fees and international taxes if applicable, system wide excluding Europe and Hawaii; $40 per direction plus segment/security fees and international taxes for Europe and Hawaii.
  • Non-dependent children to age 35 and eligible parents-in-law pay guest pass rate under new mileage-based system described in Guest Pass program section.
  • Domestic partners and Registered Guests travel free but have imputed income payroll tax impact to the employee.
Procedures
  • List and check-in on-line and list via automated phone system.
Boarding Priorities
  • SA1– Vacation pass electronically credited in travel profile. Allows employee and all accompanying family members one round trip per pass. 2 per year per active employee and 1 per year per retired employee.
  • SA2 – Applicant, Emergency/Bereavement Travel for active and retired employees.
  • SA3 – Personal/Vacation – active employees and their accompanying family members and/or guests.
  • SA4 – Personal/Vacation Employees on leave and retirees. Unaccompanied family members of employees.
  • SA5 – US Express non-wholly owned active employees, retired employees and employees on leave. Unaccompanied family members of retired employees with less than 20 years of service.
  • SA6 – Company Business Other Airline.
  • SA7 – Personal/Vacation Other Airline. Unaccompanied guest pass travelers.
  • SA8 - Applicant – US Express Non-Wholly Owned.
Method of Boarding
  • In 2007 US and HP aircraft and system will maintain YOH, Priority, and then Check-in time boarding for both US and HP employees and eligible family.
Company Business Travel
  • Space positive company business travel will be provided to employees who have a need to travel on official US Airways company business.
  • Boarding Priority:
  • SP0 – US and US Express wholly-owned subsidiaries.
  • SP1 – US Express Regional carrier employees.
  • MR – Must ride deadheading personnel.
ID20 Program (HP) / ED20 Program (US)
  • Name change to ED 20 program. Employees and eligible family members are eligible to purchase revenue confirmed tickets at 20% discount on Mainline and Express flights. Also available on land packages offered through Vacations.
Flexi Pass Program (HP) / Companion Pass Program (US)
  • Name change to Guest Pass Program. 8 RT Guest passes per year distributed electronically.
  • Mileage fares –
  • $25 o/w 0-500 miles
  • $30 o/w 501-1000 miles
  • $40 o/w 1001+ miles
  • $100 o/w Europe and Hawaii
  • Segment and security fees and international taxes will be charged in addition to the above fares.
  • HP unexpired paper flexi pass coupons will be “traded-in†at a formula of 5 to 1 for an electronic guest pass at new fares. Paper passes will be invalid except for the trade-in process as soon as the new guest pass program is activated. 4th Quarter 2005 Flexi passes will be credited at an amount of 2 electronic passes for HP employees as a one-time transition into the new Guest Pass program.

Registered Guest Policy
  • Single, full-time and part-time employees are eligible to register one guest each calendar year for space available travel on Mainline and Express flights. Single, divorced or widowed status employees only eligible to participate.
  • Travel is at same rates as employees but is taxable via imputed income on employee’s paycheck. No proof of relationship necessary. Registered Guest must be 18 years of age or older and present government-issued photo ID or Birth Certificate to enroll.
Committed Partner (HP) / Domestic Partner (US)
  • Name change to Domestic Partner program.
  • Available to authorized domestic partners.
  • Approved domestic partner application must be on file with the Employee Benefits department.
  • Travel is at same rates as employees but is taxable via imputed income on employee’s paycheck.
Leave of Absence Travel
  • All leaves of absence must be authorized and recorded in the HR Records system.
  • Military - unlimited travel at no cost without any expiration for employee and eligible family members while on active duty.
  • Medical – unlimited passes for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment only (includes travel by accompanying family members.) Two vacation/personal passes which may be used anytime during the leave by the employee or eligible family members.
  • FMLA – unlimited passes for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment only (includes travel by accompanying family members.) Two vacation/personal passes which may be used anytime during the leave by the employee or eligible family members.
  • Personal – unlimited passes for the purposes of obtaining medical treatment only. No personal passes allowed.
  • ED20 privilege, Registered Guest travel, (within the above limits) and eligibility to receive and use guest passes during all leaves.
Emergency Travel
  • Employees and eligible family members receive positive space travel for death or critical illness of immediate family member on-line. Travel must be within 48 hours of emergency. Immediate family members include:
  • Employee
  • Spouse/partner
  • Children of employee/spouse/partner
  • Parents and step-parents of employee/spouse/partner
  • Brother or sister of employee/spouse/partner
  • Children-in-law of employee/spouse/partner
    Grandparents of employee/spouse/partner
  • Grandchildren of employee/spouse/partner
  • Retirees are not eligible for positive space emergency travel. They receive SA1 priority.
  • In the event of the impending death or death of employee, additional family members are authorized to travel positive space, including siblings, parents-in-law, adult non-dependent children and grandparents-in-law.
Travel by Surviving Spouse or Surviving Domestic Partner
  • The surviving spouse, domestic partner, dependent children, non-dependent children (to age 35) and parents of a deceased employee receive unlimited on-line pass travel for a period equaling 1 year for each completed year of service by the deceased employee, with a minimum of one year and a maximum of 5 years.
First and Envoy Class Upgrades
  • $20 per segment throughout system with the exception of Europe and Hawaii
  • $100 per segment for Europe and Hawaii.
Baggage Claim Policy
  • Space available pass travelers are not compensated for lost or damaged baggage. Bags will be traced.
  • Company business travelers are compensated for lost and damaged bags limited to $2,800 max per ticketed passenger unless a higher value is declared and paid for in advance.
Children in First or Envoy Class
  • Children under the age of 12 are not eligible to upgrade to the First Class or Envoy Class cabins.
Cabin Pets
  • Cabin pets allowed on a space available basis free of charge. Current limits on number of pets per cabin and size/health of pets still apply.
Cargo Pets
  • Will not be accommodated.
Dress Code
  • Casual in Coach – shorts, jeans, t-shirts and sneakers and sandals are permitted in good taste.
  • Business Casual in First and Envoy Class – golf shirts, khakis/chinos, dark-colored denim, pantsuits, open-toed dress sandals.
Excess and Oversized Baggage, Sporting Equipment
  • Employees, family, registered guests and accompanied guest pass travelers are allowed to check excess and oversized baggage and sports equipment for no additional charges.
  • Unaccompanied guest pass travelers are subject to standard excess baggage policies and fees.

Human Remains Shipments
  • US will ship free on a space available basis for any US and US Express employees and their eligible family members, including registered guest.
Dependent Children Qualifications
  • Children age 19 or over must be dependent, unmarried full-time student and must provide proof of full-time attendance each semester to stay dependent.
  • Children become non-dependent once they no longer attend school full-time or reach age 25, whichever applies first.
New Hire Pass Travel Eligibility
  • Travel privileges will begin upon completion of 30 days of service.
Pass-termination Travel
  • No travel after voluntary separation with the company (unless an eligible retiree). No use of guest passes or any pass travel privileges for employee or any family member after termination of employment.
Thanks for the info...

Retirees are not eligible for positive space emergency travel. They receive SA1 priority.

Another kick in the a**. Thanks :down:

Do you know anything about furloughee travel benefits? I've found it very difficult to get any info regarding our "lifetime travel benefits".

Your best bet would be to contact the pass bureau. I'll send you a private message with one of the reps email address.

Quite a bit of this information has changed since this was written. Not sure where the poster got this but some is outdated, so beware using this as a guide.

Quite a bit of this information has changed since this was written. Not sure where the poster got this but some is outdated, so beware using this as a guide.
ok, enlighten us as to what info has changed that you are referencing.

"Non-dependent children to age 35 and eligible parents-in-law pay guest pass rate under new mileage-based system described in Guest Pass program section".

Does anyone have any idea what this means????? I have not been able to find anyone to explain this to me and I'm getting frustrated....

"Non-dependent children to age 35 and eligible parents-in-law pay guest pass rate under new mileage-based system described in Guest Pass program section".
Does anyone have any idea what this means????? I have not been able to find anyone to explain this to me and I'm getting frustrated....

parents in law are only eligible if the employees parents are deceased. There is a link on the hub to get the forms needed to enroll parents in law.

http://thehub.usairways.com/benefits/pdf/2...llment_form.pdf

Cant find anything about the non dependent children to age 35. I THINK, and may be wrong....but I do think that was eliminated

Cant find anything about the non dependent children to age 35. I THINK, and may be wrong....but I do think that was eliminated

Of coarse!!! The ONE thing I could really use would be eliminated.....just my luck lol! Thanks so much for your help. :rolleyes:

This has been changed to early twenties I believe as Dougie felt 35 year olds can pay.

Retirees are not eligible for positive space emergency travel. They receive SA1 priority.

allegheny36, as a fellow retiree,
I feel that we've been kicked in the 'nads so often that this-one really doesnt hurt as much as the rest of them did.

By the way thanks for the info for the PSA site!

Latest posts