Hangar 3 Sign ?

chilokie1

Senior
May 11, 2005
Hanger 3 in Tulsa has had an iconic American Airlines sign on the west side facia for at
least 30-35 years, the letters were at least 15' high and could be seen from the far side of the airport.
Coming into work today I noticed it was removed, anybody know the reason?

chilokie1 said:
Hanger 3 in Tulsa has had an iconic American Airlines sign on the west side facia for at
least 30-35 years, the letters were at least 15' high and could be seen from the far side of the airport.

They are in the process of putting up the new AA logo on the hangars at DFW as well.

Reactions: 1 person
chilokie1 said:
They are installing the new branding. Will say American Airlines with new new logo. 

Probably to be replaced by something like this minus the name and "Flight Center".  It looks much better in real life, the photo doesn't really do it justice.

Attachments

• New Logo.jpg
    New Logo.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 244
Maybe the Jim Little maintenance facility? 

Carmine got his name on Hangar 80 I think it is called. 

the City/County owns the property and "leases" it to AA.

I heard that major changes to accommodate the 737 and possibly other fleet types in the future are approved.