Hangar utilization at PIT?

TJM1966

Oct 22, 2007
Good morning all,

I'm trying to determine the current utilization of the maintenance hangars located at PIT. Any information regarding the type of work being done, the hangars in use and the type of a/c being maintained would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Good morning all,

I'm trying to determine the current utilization of the maintenance hangars located at PIT. Any information regarding the type of work being done, the hangars in use and the type of a/c being maintained would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Airbus "S" Checks

Since the merger Hangar 5 has had fairly steady work in the north and south dock. North dock has done a mixture of Airbus S checks and 757 C checks along with 757 gear changes. The South dock has done steady Airbus S checks. Mid dock is set up for drop in aircraft and at times has been very busy then nothing for weeks, I understand from a meet with the hangar manager that Mid dock might pick up the 190 work but it is not written in stone ;) ;) . The Line hangar can hold six aircraft comfortably although the Airbus tail doesn't fit in the door do to the tail being to tall. Hope that answers your question.

The latest is Frank, the Local, McMuffin and The Commander and Chief Spinkus are going to announce the construction of the new 8 bay mega hangar and the recall of 2000 mechanics to PIT to service the entire fleet except the A350's.

Doug and Hal are on board, they love the idea. As everyone knows Doug and Hal are big supporters of doing all of the work in-house. Just like at America West..

Hold tight for the big announcement. If you have a big purchase like a home or car go ahead and sign, Doug and Hal would never tell a lie.

Currently Pit is very busy overhauling UFOs at the hangar numbered 18. Should be enough work to keep everyone busy until the airline disappears. Hangars 1, 2, the AI Hangar, Hangar 6, the HK Porter hangar, the Spring Run Facility, along with the Support Shops Building and the Final Assembly Building are also currently engaged in alien spacecraft overhaul.

Currently Pit is very busy overhauling UFOs at the hangar numbered 18. Should be enough work to keep everyone busy until the airline disappears. Hangars 1, 2, the AI Hangar, Hangar 6, the HK Porter hangar, the Spring Run Facility, along with the Support Shops Building and the Final Assembly Building are also currently engaged in alien spacecraft overhaul.
I here the IAM just got you guys the aurora maintenance contract too