Happy 15th Fellow Us-pi-ons! How Will U Celebrate?

Dec 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Pepto_Bismol_Liquid_enlarge.jpg

:censored: ;)

BostonTerrier said:
Hey Severed-and-Happy:

Good to see that your anger management classes are going well!

All the best!
BT
Why is it that if we the employees don't fall lock step into what management wants while the gutless wonders on these boards tremble in their shoes, then why oh why are we labeled as having an anger problem.

Talk about spin.

I am NOT saying this particular post was not light hearted, but time and again on these boards I see accusing fingers screaming that we, the ones willing to stand our ground, have a anger problem. It's laughable, the ones pointing have a real serious fear problem.

BostonTerrier said:
Hey Severed-and-Happy:

Good to see that your anger management classes are going well!

All the best!
BT
You call this anger, versus the daily diatribes on this forum?
ROTFLMFAO.... time to change the dog food BT...your brain seems to be lacking in protein..and oxygen.

Sorry Cav~

In all seriousness <putting on serious hat>, why continually engage in the same debates, night after night, when all it does is erupt into nonsensical flame wars? A lot of posters have disappeared because it is almost impossible to have a respectful discussion regarding the company.

This use to be a great site to catch up on company news. People used to be so much more respectful of one another. True, the situation of the company has changed dramatically, as have our job, working conditions, and financial circumstances. There is a lot of stress. And a lot of worry. But when you look at the other airline forums here, some in dire circumstances as well, you see a lot more respect for a diversity of opinions.

Rather than address a poster's opinion or comment, people on this forum FLIP out.

I respect your position regarding the IAM. Do I agree or disagree? Who cares. I simply respect your position, and leave it at that.

I'm glad this is a place for people to vent; but unfortunately it has turned into a place where the same people dwell in misery and frustration, and simply wait to pounce on anyone that has a difference of opinion. Mind you, I am well aware of the flame bait other posters throw out to stir the pot. And the same people fall for it week after week.

My blood test came back and I'm kool-aid negative.

I have almost no control over this company or my union. I stay because I still like my job under conditions which are *tolerable* to me and at a wage I am willing to accept. I'm also furlough fodder, and ready to move on if need be. I'm just not angry anymore. <thanks Magellan Mental Health!!!>

Hope you find similar solace.

BT

Severed-N-Happy said:
You call this anger, versus the daily diatribes on this forum?
ROTFLMFAO.... time to change the dog food BT...your brain seems to be lacking in protein..and oxygen.

Hey!

Thanks for the advice! Will change my puppy chow. You're the best!

Woof!

BT

BostonTerrier said:
Sorry Cav~

In all seriousness
I do believe this airline's employees have earned the right to what is called righteous anger. An all out war was launched on the U employee by one Dave Siegel when you stood in front of me and stated that we want to do our maintenance in house and them turns around and sends out his executive officers to spread talk of the work is not ours months before it became official news, and if that's not enough stood in front of everyone again and told us to forget the past and get another job if we don't like it. By the way the good captain fell in love with that line always quoting it, the same line that helped Siegel get the boot from Dr. Know.

RIGHTEOUS ANGER, if anyone has earned it, it's the U employees!

Boston Terrior: I have thoughorly enjoyed your posts and can honestly say, that I am on the same page. You articulate yourself very well. Thank You.

I am angry. I am angry at myself for completley and honestly having faith in a company that I have since learned cares less about me or my fellow co-workers. I am angry at a company who has taken away all my hope of doing a good days work and having any hope of a future that I have put my heart and soul into.

I am NOT ungrateful. I was extremely grateful to have been given this opportunity in my life. Unfortunately, my company (management) is ungrateful to have me and all of the other hard working dedicated employees who have endured the ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE. My hats go off to all of them.

I am not a naysayer. Never was, never will be. I am trying for once to be realistic and not give myself FALSE hope. Bottome line, for me.....my hope is gone. That makes me feel really, really sad.

I remember a couple of months ago, when Dave did the Webcast. I was sitting at my computer anxiosly awaiting what our CEO had to say. I was ready to rally behind him, as I would a potential President for the good of this company and the good of this country. How, utterly disappointed I was. How sad.

I only wish, that I was a hellava lot stupider than I am....I might be happier. For as they say...ignorance is bliss. :( :( :(

I guess I'm showing my age, because it doesn't seem like 15 years since that fateful day.

Oh well, I said back then that whatever happened I had had a fairy tale career for 10 years - 4-1/2 years from new hire to 727 capt, holding a block 6-9 months later.

Maybe an Irish wake is in order....

Jim