Happy In PITT.

Bird Doctor

Senior
Sep 14, 2005
Sunny AZ
Visit site
March 22, 2006 08:35 PM ETUS Airways Extends Maintenance LeaseadvertisementRelated information E-mail this article Print-friendly versionStocks mentioned in this articleUS Airways Group, Inc.(LCC) Stock Quote, Chart, News

All Associated Press NewsPITTSBURGH (AP) - US Airways said Wednesday it will extend a lease to continue aircraft maintenance at Pittsburgh International Airport by five years, a move expected to keep more than 1,000 jobs in the region.

The deal means the carrier will keep maintenance operations for its Airbus jets at the airport along with three hangars and mail and cargo facilities.

Recent investing newsLevitt Corporation Reports Earnings For The Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2005 At Forbes: Stocks Boosted By GM Buyouts At Forbes: At Forbes: Dell Beams Up Alienware At Forbes: China's Hu, Russia's Putin Vow Oil, Gas Teamwork
"This should put to rest for a length of time -- five years at a minimum -- the question of where US Airways is going to perform their major maintenance," said Kent George, chief executive of the Allegheny County Airport Authority.

US Airways offered 560 daily flights, more than 80 percent of all traffic, at the airport before filing for bankruptcy in 2001. It dropped Pittsburgh as a hub last year, and now offers 175 daily flights from the city.

Last week, union officials said US Airways Group Inc. planned to transfer 100 Pittsburgh area flight attendants to Philadelphia to staff a growing slate of international flights.

___

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/ar...1&Symbol=US:LCC

Once again, PIT wins. Which wouldn't be so bad (good folks there) if Maintenance and Union management didn't collaborate to hamper/destroy/eliminate the other bases. I suppose the IAM M&R around the system will lose headcount and work and maybe a couple of bucks an hour in this deal. Sorry, it's just that things were starting to turn a corner and get better in many ways. Now time will tell, but this bodes ill for any not in PIT.

Was told today the 757 work from ST MAE is going to PIT and all the 737s are going to CLT.

They are not going to outsource them anymore, too many problems.

looks like an admittance one way or another the IAM contract will be the surviving document. :lol:

+ 5 years
_____

contract amendable in 2009....2 years neg's = 2011 :shock:
The company will start hiring the scabs in '08 and tell what ever union is here to go pound salt! Hey it worked for NW. Do you think the iam or ibt will scab them selves? I say yes. It's all about the dues money. The End

They are not going to outsource them anymore, too many problems.

Therein lies the hidden costs of outsourcing.

When you outsource your work the vendor accomplishes the work with the goal of maximizing his profit for accomplishing the work, "paint it , make it look pretty and get it out the door", when the airline does the same work they do it with the goal of maximizing the operational use of the component or aircraft-"do it right because the little extra expense now saves millions in the future".

The vendors warranty only covers reworking the part, lost servicability of the aircraft is absorbed by the airline.

:lol: :lol: your favorite IAM/U mechanics sold out the industry,not a few rampers at NWA. :lol: :lol:
Dell,
While it is true that a lot of the membership have the backbone of a jellyfish,

It was the IAM leaderlessship that made the decision to revote the first bankrupcy, first POS offer.

If the IAM [WANTED] a NO vote, You think they would of decided to hold the re-vote? [I think we both know the answer to that]. :down:

Dell,
While it is true that a lot of the membership have the backbone of a jellyfish,

It was the IAM leaderlessship that made the decision to revote the first bankrupcy, first POS offer.

If the IAM [WANTED] a NO vote, You think they would of decided to hold the re-vote? [I think we both know the answer to that]. :down:
well then,why didn't they get a resounding no the second time?

I don't remember anyone holding a gun to my head.

Latest posts