(longivity) $ .30
(average
differential) $ .51

(total) $24.20

(Hypothetical pay cut)
(10%)-$2.42 = $21.78
(15%)-$3.63 = $20.57
(17%)-$4.12 = $20.08

Well there you have it. Anything ABOVE a 17% pay cut, would put us below the (psycologically) "magic" %20.00 per hour !!!!

NH/BB's

Did anyone look at the wall calander, and realize that we GOT A 3% RAISE TODAY ???
And as luck would have it, 3/1/03 just happened to fall on a SATURDAY.
Which means for us (paid) Weekly folks, we will see the increase on the paycheck dated 3/14/03.
For you every 2 weeks folks, is friday, 3/14/03, a payday for you ??
Coming back to earth here, for a second, I realize that the 3% could be history in the very near future. But if the international puts a concession vote (LIKE THEY CLAIM THEY''RE GOING TO DO), out to the membership, by the time we obtained the results, we would have the 3/14/03 pay stubs in hand.
Suitable for framing, perhaps ???????
NH/BB''s

Wild Onion, try living in LA or NYC for $12/hr. You get what you pay for. $20.00 doesn't sound unreasonable when its 105% in PHX or when 16 below windchill in ORD. WO whatever you make is about 75% too much. Feel better? I do..

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/2/2003 12:19:58 PM will fix for food wrote:

If weather determines pay then how come the Eagle aircraft mechanics on the G concourse at ORD make less than the American rampers on the H concourse? It/s 17 degrees there now on both the H AND G concourses.
----------------
[/blockquote]

If this were a game of Jeopardy, I would press my button, Alex would call my name, and I would say...

"What is the Transport Wokers Union of America"

Was this the daily doube question under the category "Screwed"?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/2/2003 11:27:36 AM DFWCC wrote:

Wild Onion, try living in LA or NYC for $12/hr. You get what you pay for. $20.00 doesn't sound unreasonable when its 105% in PHX or when 16 below windchill in ORD. WO whatever you make is about 75% too much. Feel better? I do..
----------------
[/blockquote]

If weather determines pay then how come the Eagle aircraft mechanics on the G concourse at ORD make less than the American rampers on the H concourse? It/s 17 degrees there now on both the H AND G concourses.

If the free market should dictate wages, then the mechanics should be free to determine their own destiny. The TWU should hold it's own representational election, so the mechanics can decide who should represent them.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/2/2003 11:27:36 AM DFWCC wrote:

----------------
[/blockquote]

Why not $30 or $40/hr then? That sounds even better. I wonder what the guys out front checking the trunks of cars are making? I'll bet it's not $20.00. Call me crazy, but I think that the free market should dictate what people make, not the weather.

I make 75% too much? I think I'm worth a bit more than $3.00/hr, but yet I'm still facing a 7-11% pay cut myself.

My point was that I don't feel bad at all if a topped out FSC has to take a 10% pay cut.

hate to admit it but i have to agree that $24 an hour is far too much to load a bag on a plane. but likewise, 200k+ pilots, 100k+ mechanics and 80k+ fa's doesnt make much sense either. nor does having excess csm's and other mgmt types making 60k min sitting around with their thumbs up their asses taking up space. how about a mgmt team that wastes money buying a failed carrier that has been nothing but a drag on labor and the company as a whole since its purchase.....hmmmm could any or all of these be reasons were in this mess???? in my opinion, pretty much everyone is overpaid with the exception of agents. during good times these costs can fall under the radar, but in times like these prove to be painful. a company can only pay what the market can bear is right, but it applies to everyone not just one or two groups.

What about supply vs. demand and the major overage of planes and seats in the air.

Wages are NOT the problem. Hooters Air may have the answer!

Discount Airlines May Crowd Skies
Sunday March 2, 12:08 pm ET
By Jonathan Stempel

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Airline passengers are on the prowl for good deals, but with a handful of U.S. carriers seeking to enter the discount market, even the cheap seats may prove tough to fill.
Unless the discount airlines can find ways to stand out from the crowd, experts predict they might blur together in passengers' minds, and some might ultimately be doomed.

"The effective way to compete strategically is to position yourself differently," said Roland Rust, a professor at the University of Maryland's business school in College Park.

Something funny here maybe you can tell me. About 09/01/01 most all empl from the major airlines were making about the same for their job calssification. Yes that includes $ 21/hr bag handlers. Who in the case of AA went for about 3 yrs no raise while AA made Billions.
Then comes the summer of 02.
US declares BK wants lower wages $17/hr
UA declares BK wants lower wages $17/hr
AA ready to BK wants lower wages $17/hr
NW wants concessions lower wages $17/hr
DL starts talking lower wages $17/hr
CO waiting in line lower wages $17/hr
and then theres WN increasing wages.
Well I guess US UA AA NW DL CO will then start asking for $12.50/hr.
Seems like everyone is making about the same again, as before 09/01/01. The airlines are still loosing money and blaming it on labor. Maybe its mgt's fault for their bus plan?