Has HELL frze over

aapitbull

Veteran
Oct 4, 2002
Dallas
hotmail.com
Dear Sisters and Brothers:

Attached are the minutes from our ALL Division Special Conference Call of March 4, 2011 to discuss and update you on the current issues involving Unions and the middle class attacks. Since our call we have key people at the rallies in Ohio. I am still in need of a list of activists from you Locals including any retirees that maybe available. As I discussed on the call we at the Executive Board of the AFL-CIO are planning a “ DAY Of ACTION." I am also drafting a letter to President Trumka, AFL-CIO and affiliates that represent the private sectors that we meet and consider a “General Strike” in the future to bring attention to what is happening to middle class America in the hands of corporate greed and political attacks.

Read the minutes.

It is obvious that we cannot rely on politicians to fix the problems. It is our time to ban together, and move forward together. As I stated on the call we seem to always want to prepare for that rainy day. Well Brothers and Sisters - -that rainy day is here now! I will set up another call once I have been able to get more information on our time lines. I will also try and give you as much advance notice of the call, but as we move forward the timeframe maybe on short notice.

Remember, send any information or suggestions to [email protected]. Keep in mind - there are no bad suggestions.

In Solidarity,

James C. Little

Well after 50 years maybe the all out attack has finally woke the idiots up it is ashame that they setback and did nothing while Rome burned. To HSS & CIO pay close attention to what he says about a general strike and PATCO try to remember all the things you wrote over the years to you CIO I guess we can now say yea we should have called that strike for PATCO maybe even NWA?

Here the minutes

James C. Little brought the conference call to order at 4:02 PM.
Welcome: Brothers and Sisters, this may begin a series of weekly updates of the changing
landscape. This week AFL-CIO Executive Committee's main focus — current state of attacks on
collective bargaining in public sector as well as the impact it will have on all Labor — Private and
Public Sectors.
Backdrop: As you all know, Wisconsin has been highly publicized, but Wisconsin is paled in
part by the fact that multiple states have a number of anti-work legislations including "our own
heavy labor dense states" — Wisconsin, Ohio (SB5), Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire,
Pennsylvania (SB3), Florida, Maine, Georgia, Texas, current Right to Work States
Some of the issues have been caused by "reckless pension promises": Since monies owed to
pension plans (unlike salaries and other expenses) could be deferred, the pension provided
temporary cover for budget makers.
If we look close we can see Wisconsin is currently "Ground Zero". We cannot allow GOP
attack to subjugate our unions or the middle class America.
Changing the pattern will be a challenge: So far, last weekend we have had some of our staff
and local activists in Madison, Wisconsin from Locals 513, 568 and 100. Our Ohio Local 208
has been steadfast at the Capitol in Ohio.
Monday of this week (February 28) I had a private meeting with AFL-CIO President Richard
Trumka along with Ed Wytkind and Larry Hanley of the ATU. We discussed transit issues and
funding support. I raised the issue that future consideration should be given for a "National
General Strike" or a "Day of Conscience". I had the same discussion and sentiments with
James Hoffa, IBT (Change to Win) today.
This week I also had discussions with our Senior Staff and Operations Directors, including
DLPA — Legislative Field Staff in order to set up a baseline for planning.
I have asked each Division to provide a point person to coordinate with our locals —
• Rail — Fred Fink
• ATD — Bob Gless
• Transit — Theotis James
I have assigned the task to J.W. Johnson as AFL-CIO Coordinator who will liaison with the Field
Mobilization Coordinator on Strategic Campaigns on Monday the 7th.
Alex Garcia and our Field Staff will be on point for coordination with our Local Grassroots
group and activists and our State Conferences.
This weekend we dispatched our Motor Coach to OHIO with staff to be used as a command
center in coordination with our CLC/Ohio State Federation. We stocked our Motor Coach with
some items including rain ponchos — currently we are securing permits for parking at the
Capital/Columbus.
What can we do: I ask ALL of you who are currently not affiliated with the CLC or State
Federation to plug in and send us your Local's CLC or State Federation's point of contact to
president(iitwu.org .
• We need you to canvas your membership and supply us with some activists' names and
contacts that would like to join some f these state fights.
• I would also ask that you check with your retiree groups for individuals that would like to
participate.
• We currently have our grassroots list from previous workshops.
• We need some paid staff assistance also in building support for the AFL-CIO.
Mark your calendar for Monday, — "DAY OF ACTION" across the country.
Let's plan multiple events, create our own activities.
• Arm bands
• Colors — where possible at work (cannot send everyone home)
• Candle Light Vigil
• All meet in a parking lot and walk in together
• Buttons
• Wear Union Hats
• Hold a rally in support of Wisconsin/Ohio workers
In Wisconsin — News today — layoff of 1500 workers if the 14 Democrats who are holding up in
Illinois do not show up. It is obvious that the Governor is holding them hostage.
Today's Ronald Reagan — Governor Scott Walker
Keep in mind the tipping point for Labor was the August 1981 Patco Strike when President
Reagan gave 48 hours for the Air Traffic Controllers to return to work or be fired while the AFLCIO
did not come to their aid. As a result, we had worker replacements sanctioned by the
Government. We need to change the course of history. I believe this may require a "National
General Strike".
Once we have some more information I will pass it on. I do apologize for the terrible technical
quality of this call. We will do better next time. Thanks for participating.
President James C. Little ended the call at 4:45 PM.

For the record yes the AMP supporters will support a national strike will yoiu.

Little Jimmy found his balls???? Game on Jimmy Little!!! Lets go!!! I am right behind ya!!! Kinda like a last gasp before the patient dies........................
beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!
flatline!!!!!!!!! time of death....................1000 and some odd days since we had a contract!!!!!!!!!!!!

;) -------- If only Little was as enthusiastic about getting you a contract! ------- The big boys in the "legacy" Unions of the AFL/CIO are threatened by all this, and feel they just might lose their cushy jobs!------ AMP, don't let them drag you down with them!!!! :unsure: Just one man's opinion! Besides, it appears that letter was written over a week ago!

;) -------- If only Little was as enthusiastic about getting you a contract! ------- The big boys in the "legacy" Unions of the AFL/CIO are threatened by all this, and feel they just might lose their cushy jobs!------ AMP, don't let them drag you down with them!!!! :unsure: Just one man's opinon!
MCI, I couldn't agree more with you. This has absolutely nothing to do with us. It is all about him and his cronies. I am a little surprised that some of you folks can't see right through that garbage. <_<

a national strike now your talking just like they do in europe

cann't wait to see this happen. I'm sure once obama calls jim things will quite down. and back to the hole we go.

what about the Obama promise to walk with labor? I guess wisconsin didn't count. after all labor worked hard to get him elected

;) -------- If only Little was as enthusiastic about getting you a contract! ------- The big boys in the "legacy" Unions of the AFL/CIO are threatened by all this, and feel they just might lose their cushy jobs!------ AMP, don't let them drag you down with them!!!! :unsure: Just one man's opinion! Besides, it appears that letter was written over a week ago!
its because now they stand to lose real money and THERE JOBS are dues

I see another "Beer Summit" in the works. POTUS and Jim Little with his AFL-CIO cronies.

Huff, Puff, Blow Smoke, then meet with Politicians and collapse like a cheap tent.

They will have the same fear from PATCO days, "what if we call the strike and nobody shows up"? Then our threats, our bluffs, our weakness has been exposed. Their own fear will stop any action. Those rich bastards in the AFL-CIO Taj-Mahal know what we really think of them and the last thing they will do is prove it to the whole nation.

Until they stop negotiating concessions from my table, I am not much interested in paying the higher taxes to fund State and Federal workers that will have more than most in the middle class.

Company Man and Liar James C Little,
You want me to pay the higher taxes associated with the current labor battle, then stop negotiating away my pay and benefits.

National strike? That would be interesting. It would paralyze the remaining No Right To Work states (Northeast US, IL), and the rest of the country would go about their lives saying how right they were to enact Right to Work.

And if enough of the people in the paralyzed states start scratching their head saying "maybe Wisconsin was right"... well... you could achieve in one or two days what the union busters have been trying to do for 100 years.

Bring it on, guys. You have nothing to fear, right?

<_< ------ And where the hell is our fearless leader Obama in all this ? Didn't he say he would march "side by side" with his Union Brothers and Sisters, durring his campaign? Or was that just another one of his empty promises to get elected? :huh:

a national strike now your talking just like they do in europe

cann't wait to see this happen. I'm sure once obama calls jim things will quite down. and back to the hole we go.

what about the Obama promise to walk with labor? I guess wisconsin didn't count. after all labor worked hard to get him elected

Oh please. Just because Obama hasn't walked with labor on the line doesn't mean labor hasn't been paid back for getting him elected. After all when the SEIU says "jump" Obama says "how high?". What about the changes to RLA requiring only a majority of votes cast to certify the union (and the unions still lost at DL), What about Obama engineering the UAW getting paid before secured creditors in their BK? As I've said before, it really troubles me why the democratic party continues tolerating abs supporting these thugs.

Josh

Oh please. Just because Obama hasn't walked with labor on the line doesn't mean labor hasn't been paid back for getting him elected. After all when the SEIU says "jump" Obama says "how high?". What about the changes to RLA requiring only a majority of votes cast to certify the union (and the unions still lost at DL), What about Obama engineering the UAW getting paid before secured creditors in their BK? As I've said before, it really troubles me why the democratic party continues tolerating abs supporting these thugs.

Josh

Ironic how you fail to mention big business and the rich $$$$upport for the republicans since Reagan.
They have been paid back tenfold since Bush II.
You anti-unionists like to refer to union donations like parrots.
But you always conveniently omit the role of the rich and corporate america's backing of the GOP.

Remember this, mr. anti-unionista....
There are more white collar elitists executives doing jail time than there are union thugs.

This guy has got to be kidding me. This union cant hammer out a deal in over 2 years of negotiating and he wants our help. If it was anyone other than this idiot i might show some interest but with the twu's name on it I am allready laughing to hard. Just another reason why this union has to go.
Maybe he should pound his chest and threaten strike at AMR as a test to the size of his onions. But I fear he is to much of a coward.

The difference, Hopeful, is that the Repubs don't pretend to be labors friend, take their money and their votes, and then screw them over.

The SEIU are a bunch of thugs. They're smart enough to beat people senseless only when there are only other SEIU members around to be witnesses... unlike the IAM.