Has new tram construction effected ops at DFW?

Is the multi-million dollar tram contruction effecting operations? Have jetways had to be repositioned or reconstructed? And when will the thing be FINISHED?!!!

Though I going to shed a little tear when the old tram is discontinued. It was ahead of its time when the airport opened in the early 70s.

Thanks

The Tram was WAY advanced when DFW opened. People would go to the airport just to ride the stupid thing!

----------------
On 4/29/2003 10:56:20 AM eolesen wrote:

And they were dumb enough to pay a quarter to ride it back then...

----------------​
Hey - it was written up in "D" Magazine as one of the best kinds of cheap entertainment - especially riding it after midnight between nearly deserted terminals. I have to admit - it WAS kind of cool, although it was fraught with problems at the start...I know - I had a summer job monitoring them the year the airport opened.

There were a few temporary gate closures while the piers were going up, but that wasn''t really an issue because of the flight reductions since fall 2001, as well as the rolling hub which reduced the total number of gates required. Plus, a lot of work was being done overnight.

So has the construction of the new tram on the airside of the terminals caused any ops problems? It would seem that AA would have to rearrange some of its jetways to make room for the support piers.

As regards the old tram,I remember the first time I rode it back in 75. As a kid flying on DL to Disney World...............Man,the memories.