hawaiian operation

NevadaHP

Senior
Aug 15, 2005
Today 18 Fleet Service personnel from PHX were sent to HA. 6 to HNL, 4 OGG, 4KOA, 4LIH. 1 lead from vegas was sent to KOA. These are all west flts operating into there so thats not the problem, the problem is that the company posted a notice in the PHX ready room for volunteers and they selected the highest seniority to go, but left out all other west employees except for 1 in LAS. People in LAS are very upset no list was posted for them. They are there for an undisclosed amount of time until they can hire a new contract service. However this may now open up the HA cities under the west contract and may force the company to hire union employees out there. Im sure the grievance will come soon, also with lots of bypass OT as well. Will the IAM fight or mention this in negotiations this week? The company has also sent PAX service employees as well Im not sure how that was done, since they have a combined agreement, it would be interesting to hear.

Today 18 Fleet Service personnel from PHX were sent to HA. 6 to HNL, 4 OGG, 4KOA, 4LIH. 1 lead from vegas was sent to KOA. These are all west flts operating into there so thats not the problem, the problem is that the company posted a notice in the PHX ready room for volunteers and they selected the highest seniority to go, but left out all other west employees except for 1 in LAS. People in LAS are very upset no list was posted for them. They are there for an undisclosed amount of time until they can hire a new contract service. However this may now open up the HA cities under the west contract and may force the company to hire union employees out there. Im sure the grievance will come soon, also with lots of bypass OT as well. Will the IAM fight or mention this in negotiations this week? The company has also sent PAX service employees as well Im not sure how that was done, since they have a combined agreement, it would be interesting to hear.
they also did this with CSA/CSS but only posted it in PHX...when I called I was told I was not elgible due to where I was located. This should have been posted on the COB for all to apply....

What exactly is fleet service? Ground handling. I was recently at OGG and it seemed as the gate agents for US at OGG were not US folks, but some kind of contract company. They didnt seem to know exactly what status was at US. Will fleet service cover this? These fleet folks, will they now live in Hawaii or have to commute from PHX/LAS?

-Kinglobjaw

What exactly is fleet service? Ground handling. I was recently at OGG and it seemed as the gate agents for US at OGG were not US folks, but some kind of contract company. They didnt seem to know exactly what status was at US. Will fleet service cover this? These fleet folks, will they now live in Hawaii or have to commute from PHX/LAS?
pretty much, all hawaiin stations were contracted out to aloha, but since it seems they may cease operation on monday US is sending its own employees in the interim so they can train either another contract service or hire their own employees. same with tckt/gate agents.

Perhaps this might teach the company a lesson , YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR … duhhhhhh duhhhhhh ,
:wacko: :wacko:
VP # 1 “let’s hire the cheapest out fit that we can find “

VP # 2 “hey great idea ! I can smell a bonus coming later on this year!â€￾

LATER ON THAT YEAR

VP # 1 “ oh no ! that contract vendor we hired has gone bust!â€￾

VP #2 “hey don’t sweat it , the bonus has already been deposited into our accounts!â€￾

VP # 1 “wooo hooo party time baby , call up doggie and let’s hit the bars !â€￾

Aloha + US = Merger??? Hummm...I wonder.

Kind of cool- US would be getting 732's again. Both pre merger carriers had them.

It would give US extra transpacific Hawaiian flights from the continent, and if they sent the 757s it would make much more sense then what AQ is using currently.

That said, no way this is going to happen. But it's a cool idea.

-Kinglobjaw

Lets see that would be a disaster, Aloha cant make it as it is, there is no value in US buying them.

Since our 757's sit in Hawaii from 2:30pm until 11:00pm, its too bad we could not run a few turns between the Islands to help carry the stranded pax.

Well for those who non rev'd to the islands this wkend, I doubt you will be getting on an US flights for a few days or so. No doubt, we will take those stranded pax home to PHX.

Normally, when another carrier cancels in the islands, we take their passengers.

Latest posts