heavy baggage calls

Bambi

Sep 17, 2005
Despite things being "better than last year", HP has gotten a lot of missing baggage calls. I do notice an average of HP and US tagged bags missing in the HP files. Its funny the US call center blind transfers bag calls to HP rez agents or to the HP baggage line (which comes into QM/RA) when we cant look at their files (many use BMAS and we only have Worldtracer)! Many of these missing bags didn't seem to make connections between US/HP. Also weight and balance issues out of MEM today where many on HPX didnt get on morning flt at all. 21 pax from that flt ddnt get their bags. I just dont get Mesa Air issues with their flts. If there is always gonna be weight issues, then why not limit baggage on their flts to 1 checked bag only p person. It seems to be a never ending problem with them...besides tons of MX issues on a daily basis. Its so annoying! Are the RJ's that messed up? I dont get it. Anyone have any insight into missing bags this week? There were still a high number of them!

It's not the RJ's that are messed up, it's Mesa! The run a very sloppy airline, but seem to succeed despite themselves!

Despite things being "better than last year", HP has gotten a lot of missing baggage calls. I do notice an average of HP and US tagged bags missing in the HP files. Its funny the US call center blind transfers bag calls to HP rez agents or to the HP baggage line (which comes into QM/RA) when we cant look at their files (many use BMAS and we only have Worldtracer)! Many of these missing bags didn't seem to make connections between US/HP. Also weight and balance issues out of MEM today where many on HPX didnt get on morning flt at all. 21 pax from that flt ddnt get their bags. I just dont get Mesa Air issues with their flts. If there is always gonna be weight issues, then why not limit baggage on their flts to 1 checked bag only p person. It seems to be a never ending problem with them...besides tons of MX issues on a daily basis. Its so annoying! Are the RJ's that messed up? I dont get it. Anyone have any insight into missing bags this week? There were still a high number of them!
The RJ’s are very weight sensitive aircraft there is no denying that! If you put more fuel than average on you have a major weight problem. Add the holidays with heavy bookings and bags get bumped. Procedurally you ask for volunteers if no volunteers you bump bags before you take an involunteer. It is hard to get volunteers when every flight is over booked some more that usual because of irregularities no one wants to volunteer. So what do you do? Up the ante to the point of ridiculous. And you BUMP BAGS……….How do you tell a customer that they are on an inferior aircraft and you are limited on checked bags and carryon bags. RJ’S ARE A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH DELAYED BAGS.

All that I can say about baggage it seems that every other call here in INT is BAGGAGE CLAIM STATUS!!!! Someone needs to be held accountable for this just like during the problems last year...oh what am I thinking!!!! According to management it was an "employee sickout" which by the way was nothing more further from the truth love the management spin on that one so one can only guess it is the same situation this year in the world of CCY. So lets see we here in the east are paid to baby sit the vendor offices, do what we are paid to do which is book reservations and now find bags. Guess the next things that we in res will be responsable for will be crew scheduling, cargo, training scheduling and anything else that comes along.

It's not the RJ's that are messed up, it's Mesa! The run a very sloppy airline, but seem to succeed despite themselves!

The other day a Mesa dispatcher called our tower & said a/c such & such will not be comming to CLT today due to a mech. prob. The tower lead replied to the Mesa dispatcher that that a/c is on C9 now,I.m looking at it! The dispatcher argued that this couldn't be. Screwed up out fit!

On a side note, US/HP is taking over the bagroom function and expedite office of Express in PHX. That will hopefully alleviate some problems with that operation. Who knows, if there is a marked difference in performance (my bet is on this), maybe US/HP rampers will take over the fleet service function. :up:

I just dont get Mesa Air issues with their flts. If there is always gonna be weight issues, then why not limit baggage on their flts to 1 checked bag only p person. It seems to be a never ending problem with them...besides tons of MX issues on a daily basis. Its so annoying! Are the RJ's that messed up? I dont get it. Anyone have any insight into missing bags this week? There were still a high number of them!
RJ’s weight and balance issue or not carrier specify some handle it better that others

All that I can say about baggage it seems that every other call here in INT is BAGGAGE CLAIM STATUS!!!! Someone needs to be held accountable for this just like during the problems last year...oh what am I thinking!!!! According to management it was an "employee sickout" which by the way was nothing more further from the truth love the management spin on that one so one can only guess it is the same situation this year in the world of CCY. So lets see we here in the east are paid to baby sit the vendor offices, do what we are paid to do which is book reservations and now find bags. Guess the next things that we in res will be responsable for will be crew scheduling, cargo, training scheduling and anything else that comes along.

Phoenix RA/QM desk handles HP baggage calls, besides all the other issues that come from rez agents. Well, OK..so we handle the calls, but when stations give the excuse of being too busy to enter the file into Worldtracer, and we can't look up the file and service the pax that is a huge disservice to pax and us taking their calls. We realize it gets crazy in baggage, but please, no matter how busy you are, enter it into the system. The fon number on their paper you give them is to us, and again, without that file in the system, we can't help them. The real topper is when we try to followup with QOH and call the stations to say, hey, we see this, plz setup for dlvy and they never answer the fons, or they take them off the hook cuz their too busy.

I think management definitely understaffs baggage offices across the country. Also, many bso agents aren't trained properly in Worldtracer, this is also ultimately a disservice to the pax.

I think management definitely understaffs baggage offices across the country. Also, many bso agents aren't trained properly in Worldtracer, this is also ultimately a disservice to the pax.

Bingo. You just said the magic word. We have 2 agents scheduled most of the day in baggage. One day last week, they took 25 claims off the first PHL flight and were expecting them in on the next flight from PHL(also within 30 mins of a PIT/DCA/CLT arrival). Now, if they are still taking claims off of all these flights (probably took about 30 more claims off the 4 flights) who is going to go out and set the bags from the last flight up for delivery? I went to help them at 1pm and as of 5pm, the 2 of them had never left the office. I set up about 30 claims for delivery, otherwise they would all still be sitting there waiting to be set up, and then the next flight would arrive, etc. This didnt even include taking care of the nonrev, standby, early arrival bags that were there to be sorted through. I realize that most of the time you arent going to need lots of help to clear things up, but given the fact that more people travel, more chances for problems arise, it would be smart to set aside ovetime in the budget to take care of things during the holidays.
Luckily this year we were never above about 60 claims at any one time and we managed to get them out as soon as they came in so we didnt get the pile ups we did last year. AA on the other hand said they were at about 150 claims most of the week. Even with the problems we had, it felt good to know we werent doing the worst in town this year.

Hopefully the press won't pick up on this thresd.
And WHERE is Father Meltdown Al Crellin....you know VP of Operations??? Stirring the eggnog or pulling the appetizers out of the oven? Better yet, he MAY be using the "Chia Pet" formula on his empty bald head. NEWS @11 :lol: