Help needed ! American Airlines B777 Registration

fokker100

Jan 22, 2007
Hi

Can anyone please help me.
I flew from miami to london on an american airlines boeing 777 and need the aircraft registration number for my log book but due to the positioning of the aicraft on the gates I could not see the reg.the only info I could get was from the nose landing gear door which normally carries the 3 digit prefix of the registration (ie outbound lhr-lax 788 = N788AN) but from mia -lhr the prefix on the door was 74V can anyone tell me the reg from this as I cannot find it.

Thanks

Hi

I flew from miami to london on an american airlines boeing 777 and need the aircraft registration number for my log book but due to the positioning of the aicraft on the gates I could not see the reg.the only info I could get was from the nose landing gear door which normally carries the 3 digit prefix of the registration (ie outbound lhr-lax 788 = N788AN) but from mia -lhr the prefix on the door was 74V can anyone tell me the reg from this as I cannot find it.

Thanks

74V isn't a valid aircraft number for AA. Could it have been 7AV? If so, it was N788AN. What was your flight number and date?

Hi

Thanks
Did it look like this one.

http://us.airliners.net/photos/photos/6/8/0/0489086.jpg

Per airliners.net, N788AN is 7AV. Easy way to search them is through airliners.net and search the n#, someone will have a picture that includes the nose number.

74V isn't a valid aircraft number for AA. Could it have been 7AV? If so, it was N788AN. What was your flight number and date?

Flight number was AA 56 depart Miami 20Jan07 Arr London Heathtrow 21Jan07.
It could possibly of been 7AV which you say would be N788AN
but I flew out of Heathrow to LAX on AA 137 on the 05Jan07 and that A/c had 788 on the nose door so I assumed that was N788AN.
even more confused now

Thanks
anyway.

Flight number was AA 56 depart Miami 20Jan07 Arr London Heathtrow 21Jan07.
It could possibly of been 7AV which you say would be N788AN
but I flew out of Heathrow to LAX on AA 137 on the 05Jan07 and that A/c had 788 on the nose door so I assumed that was N788AN.
even more confused now

Thanks
anyway.
That would be a first, if the nose of a "777" had 788 on it. AA, going back at least 15 years now has nose numbers and tail numbers (N numbers) that often differ. The 777 fleet is numbered sequentially starting with 7AA which is a tail or "N" number I do not recall. They might be going to "N" numbers for nose numbers now that the original 700 series (727's) are long retired, but that's the first I've heard of it. You got me curious now, I'll have to look into that.

That would be a first, if the nose of a "777" had 788 on it. AA, going back at least 15 years now has nose numbers and tail numbers (N numbers) that often differ. The 777 fleet is numbered sequentially starting with 7AA which is a tail or "N" number I do not recall. They might be going to "N" numbers for nose numbers now that the original 700 series (727's) are long retired, but that's the first I've heard of it. You got me curious now, I'll have to look into that.

Hi

Thanks for your feedback.
what I suspect I have done is misread the 788 as I was expecting it to be numbers relating to the Nxxx number so it was actually 7BB = N793AN likewise I read 74V as oppose to 7AV ,having seen a letter (v) when looking for numbers only I may of mistaken the A for a number 4 = 7AV =N788AN.

Hi

Thanks for your feedback.
what I suspect I have done is misread the 788 as I was expecting it to be numbers relating to the Nxxx number so it was actually 7BB = N793AN likewise I read 74V as oppose to 7AV ,having seen a letter (v) when looking for numbers only I may of mistaken the A for a number 4 = 7AV =N788AN.
I just checked the aircrafts for those two dates and you are correct. N7BB on the 5th and N7AV on the 20th.

By the way, thank you for flying AA!