Help, What Or Who Are These Vip

Aug 20, 2002
Had a Man his reservation said VIP plus Chairmans Pref, He was upgraded but travleing with another man on a v class of service ticket, This VIP demanded since first was full for us to downgrade another pax, so his friend could sit up in first. He advised that was the rules for VIP'S.

So can someone tell me who, why we have made these certain people VIP'S. Is this really a rule that we bump someone out of first so their friends can sit in first with them?

This place has created thier own monsters,and us in Psgr svc have TO Deal with this gARB'AGE! :down: :angry:

golden1 said:
This place has created thier own monsters,and us in Psgr svc have TO Deal with this gARB'AGE! :down:  :angry:
[post="253343"][/post]​

Part of the beauty of WN -- no Premium Select Platinum Prime Gold Chairman Super Preferred crap and the class warfare and agent hassles associated with it. First come, first serve. Simple and easy and no big deal...if you are in the first 66% of passengers you'll get an aisle or window seat.

But does anyone know who or why they are selected, I did read that a VP selects them, but this could be their family members or just friends and what is the purpose of these folks. Does anyone know the rules that they can just take out anyone in First because they are a VIP on a nonrefundable ticket.

VIP,S are the top 500 of all the Chairman preferred customers. Buddy should have been placed on upgrade standby list with the us1 designatior.

These people are no friend of US Airways. Bump a paying first class passenger because some dumb butt 'Vice President' says this 'VIP' person is 'worth it?' Let's cut the crap, there is no such thing as 'VIP' at US Airways. There are valued customers, but no VIPs. Hate to say it, people that want VIP treatment don't fly the new LCC US Airways. Those that think this airline offers VIP service clearly have a delusional Napoleon complex, which was developed after trying unsucessfully to brownnose their bosses to allow them to fly on the company Lear Jet.

EyeInTheSky said:
These people are no friend of US Airways. Bump a paying first class passenger because some dumb butt 'Vice President' says this 'VIP' person is 'worth it?' Let's cut the crap, there is no such thing as 'VIP' at US Airways. There are valued customers, but no VIPs. Hate to say it, people that want VIP treatment don't fly the new LCC US Airways. Those that think this airline offers VIP service clearly have a delusional Napoleon complex, which was developed after trying unsucessfully to brownnose their bosses to allow them to fly on the company Lear Jet.
[post="253359"][/post]​

The company has these so called VIP's and freindsstealing revenue, but they are suspending agents in Phl for what I believe is customer service and trting to keep
a customer flying US(see company trying to get rid of senior agents tread)
Sounds like a doudle standard...I can do whatever I want...but for for don't provide good customer service...

Were is the company's priority????????

hopethingswillbeok said:
Is this really a rule that we bump someone out of first so their friends can sit in first with them?
[post="253341"][/post]​

No.

The ironic thing is that all of the VIP headings I have seen and dealt with on the phone was a pleasant experiance. Just like the majority of our Chairmans just plain pleasant and a joy to deal with. But then again you get a few bad apples that try to ruin it for everyone else.