Herb Sighting On Aa Flight From Dc To Dallas

corl737

Veteran
Jun 13, 2005
From Mitchell Schnurman's blog, The Schnurmanator, on 11/11/05. (Mitchell is the business editor for the Fort Worth Star Telegram.)

------------------------------------------------
Herb stirs it up on AA flight

Herb Kelleher causes a stir wherever he goes, even in the rival's den.

Kelleher took American Airlines Flight 1199 this morning, the nonstop from Reagan National to DFW, and the executive chairman of Southwest Airlines had the first seat in first class.

As I boarded later with the economy crowd, I mentioned to the pilots that they had Kelleher as a passenger. That elicited a few oohs and aahs and some minor expletives about the Wright Amendment. The pilot said they ought to just tear up the runways at Love Field, but the first class flight attendant wasn't moved by the business star. "If you see George Clooney, then tell me," she said.

I mentioned this reaction to Kelleher, and he ribbed the attendant throughout the flight. "I told her I'd get her free passes to my next movie, and then I batted my eyes at her," Kelleher said, blinking like a guy with stars in his eyes.

Kelleher walked to the back of the cabin to talk with a retired military officer and another flight attendant asked him if he was trying to steal American's customers. Kelleher laughed loudly and hugged her. Then he offered her a job.

From Mitchell Schnurman's blog, The Schnurmanator, on 11/11/05. (Mitchell is the business editor for the Fort Worth Star Telegram.)

Kelleher took American Airlines Flight 1199 this morning, the nonstop from Reagan National to DFW, and the executive chairman of Southwest Airlines had the first seat in first class.

As I boarded later with the economy crowd, I mentioned to the pilots that they had Kelleher as a passenger. That elicited a few oohs and aahs and some minor expletives about the Wright Amendment. The pilot said they ought to just tear up the runways at Love Field, but the first class flight attendant wasn't moved by the business star. "If you see George Clooney, then tell me," she said.

I mentioned this reaction to Kelleher, and he ribbed the attendant throughout the flight. "I told her I'd get her free passes to my next movie, and then I batted my eyes at her," Kelleher said, blinking like a guy with stars in his eyes.

Kelleher walked to the back of the cabin to talk with a retired military officer and another flight attendant asked him if he was trying to steal American's customers. Kelleher laughed loudly and hugged her. Then he offered her a job.
Sounds like Herb, Got to love the guy!!!

Sounds like Herb, Got to love the guy!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I sincerly have a great deal of respect for HERB !!

But with regard to his flying to/from DC, his testimony, and his "breaking balls" on board the flight, HERB accomplished EVERYTHING he wanted to do,
EXCEPT,
Getting Wright OVERTURNED !!

"It IS what it IS" !!!

(The PERFECT STORM)
(Captain Billy Tyne)
(George Clooney)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I sincerly have a great deal of respect for HERB !!

But with regard to his flying to/from DC, his testimony, and his "breaking balls" on board the flight, HERB accomplished EVERYTHING he wanted to do,
EXCEPT,
Getting Wright OVERTURNED !!

"It IS what it IS" !!!

(The PERFECT STORM)
(Captain Billy Tyne)
(George Clooney)
"It Aint Over Til Its Over"!!!!!!!
(Yogi Berra)
(ex- NY Yankee Manager)

Herb is truly a giant among men. It must of been awesome for the people on that flight to be able to share the F/C cabin with such an outstanding figure.

Herb is truly a giant among men. It must of been awesome for the people on that flight to be able to share the F/C cabin with such an outstanding figure.

Oh, please... Herb burps, farts, and craps just like the rest of us. What he's accomplished during his career is certainly impressive, but I'm sure that most of the cabin didn't give it more than a passing thought. These are people who sit next to CEO's, politicians, and power brokers all the time.

I've heard that Wild Turkey is double-provisioned whenever we know Herb is flying on us. It's a professional favor.