HERE COMES THE LAYOFFS

brownmech

Advanced
Aug 6, 2011
HEARD NOW JUST RUMOR THAT 2000 TO 3000 MAINT PERSONS IN TULSA LAYED OFF COMING SOON ALL OSM AND SHOPS FARMED OUT I JUST PUT IN FOR MY RETIRMENT AND HEADING BACK HOME TO ZIMBOBWAY ENJOY YOUR TIME HOPE THE BEST FOR YOU HARD WORKING MECHANICS JUST VOTE NO ALL THE WAY

You need to see what your scope language says, and having been through two bankruptcies at US, dont put any faith into rumors.

You need to see what your scope language says, and having been through two bankruptcies at US, dont put any faith into rumors.

SCOPE language has been recently codified in arbitration to state that as long as AA Mangement has a meaningful discussion with the TWU prior to the outsource there are really no limits.

Not to mention that the proposal coming forth via 1113c can even expand on the ability.

This rumor sounds very much like the "Vermont Plan" AA was showing in the event of Chapter 11 filing during the 2003 threat.

1113C means nothing till you either settle the CBA or the Judge abrogates and imposes the company's final offer.

1113C means nothing till you either settle the CBA or the Judge abrogates and imposes the company's final offer.

I think we all understand that without a hesitation.

Doesn't really change the outcome of what the company wants the company gets.

You have been preaching for the last couple of weeks how powerless we are, now you post as if we are something other than at will.

I have to agree with Informer... the worst nightmare is upon us! 1113 is going to wipe us out and make us long for the days of the TA's that got shot down. The judge has all the power here.

I have to agree with Informer... the worst nightmare is upon us! 1113 is going to wipe us out and make us long for the days of the TA's that got shot down. The judge has all the power here.
Can the judge fly fix or load airplanes? You have power, you just need the balls to use it.

The only power the judge has is to rule on the motions the company puts forth in regard to labor in the Section 1113c process.

Also the company could file a Section 1113e motion which is an emergency change to the CBA and it is temporary.

I dont understand why you people think the judge can just do whatever he wants, that is the furthest from the truth.

Reactions: 1 person
HEARD NOW JUST RUMOR THAT 2000 TO 3000 MAINT PERSONS IN TULSA LAYED OFF COMING SOON ALL OSM AND SHOPS FARMED OUT I JUST PUT IN FOR MY RETIRMENT AND HEADING BACK HOME TO ZIMBOBWAY ENJOY YOUR TIME HOPE THE BEST FOR YOU HARD WORKING MECHANICS JUST VOTE NO ALL THE WAY
WHAT COUNTRY IS THAT? LOL

The only power the judge has is to rule on the motions the company puts forth in regard to labor in the Section 1113c process.

Also the company could file a Section 1113e motion which is an emergency change to the CBA and it is temporary.

I dont understand why you people think the judge can just do whatever he wants, that is the furthest from the truth.

Right... merely the referee.

The company is still in control of this manufactured crisis called bankruptcy, they are financing it themselves and calling the shots not the judge. It is just an extension of strong arm negotiating and we as a whole sit and shiver hoping for the best.

Reactions: 1 person