Here''s something you can really be proud of!

Status
Not open for further replies.
----------------
On 6/11/2003 6:44:28 PM Cart Pusher wrote:

Delta Airlines stands to gain more in entertaining this type of clientele than they are gonna get from rednecks like you.

----------------​

Okay, perhaps I should be more PC but somehow I fail to see the benefit (other than $$) of sponsoring such an event. But perhaps $$ is the ONLY driving factor these days.

A better question would be this...How many at DAL are genuinely proud their airline is hosting this? Heck, I fly for UAL and I''d be pretty teed off if we hosted that. (UAL has in the past done the same and it pretty much torqued the majority of employees.) I''m not trying to stir up the pot but there comes a time to call it like you see it and this is pretty pathetic.

Oh, and to set the record straight I''m not a RedNeck, although perhaps I should become an honorary member. Pure Yankee here, liberal university graduate, proudly served my country, and I bleed Red, White, and Blue. I''m pretty proud of that. What''s your excuse?

Cheers,
Z

----------------
On 6/12/2003 12:27:04 PM ZMAN777 wrote:

----------------
On 6/11/2003 6:44:28 PM Cart Pusher wrote:

Delta Airlines stands to gain more in entertaining this type of clientele than they are gonna get from rednecks like you.

----------------​

Okay, perhaps I should be more PC but somehow I fail to see the benefit (other than $$) of sponsoring such an event. But perhaps $$ is the ONLY driving factor these days.

----------------​

There is a big $$$ benefit to this. Gay and lesbian travelers often have more disposable income to spend and tend to travel more than their hetero counterparts. As such, airlines like US Airways, American, and now Delta have been actively courting this group.

Interestingly though, you had to scroll half way down the page to see the first mention of the words "gay" or "lesbian."

Right or wrong, I will not judge but, I do wonder if ANY airline would support such a day for Christian Pride Day, or Fat Pride Day or Big Nose Person Pride Day etc.etc.etc.????
CartPusher....Is what you said about this topics poster any better than the post? There might be a little judgmental attitude in you. Gentle words go much further than lashing out. That goes for all of us.
16.gif

Most airlines to hype their sponsorships of big events.

When the RNC had its presidential convention in PHL in 2000, US Airways plastered its name all over the place. Around the same time, the DNC had its convention in LAX or SFO. United was an equally loud sponsor of that convention.

----------------
On 6/14/2003 8:34:30 PM RJStud wrote:

Gay money spends as well as straight money. And, there is no shortage of gay money in ATL!

----------------​

So does drug money... Where do you draw the line and what are you willing to do for a buck. Unfortunately, I''m willing to bet the NAMBLA fellas will be part of this "event", and DAL is a sponsor.

Gay money spends as well as straight money. And, there is no shortage of gay money in ATL!

Hey...I feel discriminated against here - they have the GLEN and the AAEN and the WEN and the LHEN, but there is no WMAHMEN out there for us White Middle Age Heterosexual Male Employee Network. When can I show my pride without fear of being called a redneck?

Drugs should be legal for those that chose to use them, and what people do between consenting adults is their business. I don''t think DAL is supporting NAMBLA. Most child molesters are white, heterosexual males BTW.

----------------
On 6/15/2003 7:52:45 AM RJStud wrote:

Most child molesters are white, heterosexual males BTW.

----------------​
Why is it that if someone states a "fact" like this, it''s perfectly acceptable, but if someone were to state a "fact" like most homosexual men are effiminate that we suddenly become intolerant rednecks?

Status
Not open for further replies.