Hero Pilot Trying To Save His Daughter's Life

ual777fan

Senior
Dec 6, 2003
From UnitedAFA.org
Some of us may not remember the name of the heroic pilot that saved 184 people on board United Flight 232, which crash landed in Sioux City, Iowa in 1989, but we all remember the extraordinary actions of the pilot and the others on board that day.

The Captains name is Al Haynes.

Through his actions, and the help of his crew, a tragic loss of life was minimized. Now again Al Haynes is trying to save a life, the life of his daughter. After dealing with the deaths of his wife and son, he now faces the illness of his daughter, who was diagnosed with aplastic anemia two years ago.

Al’s daughter, Laurie Haynes Arguello, 39, has undergone two years of doctor appointments and transfusions, but now needs a bone marrow transplant. Fortunately, she has a donor, but does not have the more than $200,000 needed to pay for an operation, which is not fully covered by insurance. Laurie and her husband have been together for 20 years and have a 9 year old son, and has a lot to live for.

Her supportive friends and family, including her father, Al Haynes, have launched a fund-raising campaign to save her life.

For More Information Click Here: http://www.unitedafa.org/news/20031212_haynes.asp

A very worthwhile cause. I sent my contribution in already.
I urge all members to dig in their wallets and help the Capt. out as much as possible.

I echo those sentiments. I had the good fortune to meet Captain Haynes shortly after the Sioux City crash. He had just been cleared to fly again and was deadheading on my former airline. I shook his hand and told him that I may not know all that much about piloting an airplane, but in my view, what he and his crew did was nothing short of miraculous. It's a true tragedy to have had to go through that, as well as the loss of his immediate family members. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his daughter.

Back