Hey DoUgIe.... What about US at USAirways

Hope777

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Unions at American received Parker like a conquering hero. Their support for a merger led by US Airways executives was a turning point when AMR CEO Tom Horton still hoped to keep his airline independent. For their efforts, the unions won stock in the new company.

WHAT ABOUT THE USAIRWAYS UNIONS ???????

Reactions: 1 person
Not exactly.    The AA unions negotiated for a share of new AA from Tom Horton, not Doug Parker.   The equity portion was to partially compensate them for their concessions.    

Reactions: 7 people
FWAAA said:
Not exactly.    The AA unions negotiated for a share of new AA from Tom Horton, not Doug Parker.   The equity portion was to partially compensate them for their concessions.    
Sorry I only Quoted part of the Article...   http://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-airlines-emerges-deal-closes-132647736.html  But at USAirways, the Company REFUSES to Negotiate with the IAM in Good Faith.   A Sand Castle VP has said in the past to Fleet Service Agents in our Station,  We offer you a Job,NOT a Career ! This is what they told a room full of 25 year Employees

Reactions: 3 people
FWAAA said:
Not exactly.    The AA unions negotiated for a share of new AA ...
So, that makes it worse. :lol: They received a portion of the new merged company, meaning they negotiated a portion of USAir, since the new American is the merged value. The IAM still doesn't have a contract... DUI best work on that pronto.

Phoenix said:
So, that makes it worse. :lol: They received a portion of the new merged company, meaning they negotiated a portion of USAir, since the new American is the merged value. The IAM still doesn't have a contract... DUI best work on that pronto.
you damn right he better or things are going to get worse around here, It's fun watching our AA counterparts ***** about the amount of shares they got while we get a box lunch and a slice of freaking cake.
the contempt I have for those dbags can't be expressed here.

Reactions: 4 people
They got stock based on their concessions given up that was their equity claim.

cltrat said:
you damn right he better or things are going to get worse around here, It's fun watching our AA counterparts #### about the amount of shares they got while we get a box lunch and a slice of freaking cake.the contempt I have for those dbags can't be expressed here.
You may have a different perspective but from what I see here your AA TWU counterparts/future colleagues overwhelmingly support you guys in your struggle with US management for a fair CBA. Hopefully both sides will hold the line and they will negotiate in good faith.

Josh

they seem to Josh and I don't resist at all what they got,
the question we have here is Where the hell is ours?

737823 said:
You may have a different perspective but from what I see here your AA TWU counterparts/future colleagues overwhelmingly support you guys in your struggle with US management for a fair CBA. Hopefully both sides will hold the line and they will negotiate in good faith.

Josh
Doug and company will negotiate in good faith as long as it's a concessionary contract that you are negotiating. I would expect no better labor relations now because very little has changed except the name.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please do not take the press releases to heart. The Unions leadership are the ones who welcomed the merger not the membership. Since this merger and MOU's were announced I have had many conversations with mostly AMT's but pilots, flight attendants, ramp and ticket agents as well. I can tell you that a vast majority did not support the merger. This tells me that the unions leadership got a piece of the pie that stopped at the top and never made it to the members. Who in their right mind would give up profit sharing for a measly 4.8% raise? The TWU did. Which union of the three on the property negotiated the lowest 401K contribution? The TWU did. Which of the three unions on the property has not only the lowest 401K contribution but has to match it to get it? The TWU. Profit sharing used to be a company benefit for all employees. Somewhere along the line the TWU made it a contractual item. What is next? Our flight benefits? So please remember that a majority of the front line employees did not care for the merger.

1AA said:
 I have had many conversations with mostly AMT's but pilots, flight attendants, ramp and ticket agents as well. I can tell you that a vast majority did not support the merger. 

If you are talking about the employees as a whole, you may be correct.  But the pilot group had a ballot on the agreement, and the vast majority voted in favor of it.  Had they not, it likely would not have stopped the merger, though.

This merger is about making all of the executives rich , they could care less about the operation , combining 3 airlines and their contracts into one , good luck.The majority of the employees were against the merger because they know that Parker is full of crap and  has no interest in running an airline , pay below industry level wages and keep the employees fighting amongst each other,

No interest in running an airline? Hell he took US Airways out of the grave and turned the company around to  where it was actually making money. Of course he did not kiss the unions asses so they will not like him. If i was him i would dump all the east union employees.They are the most ungrateful pathetic group of people i have ever had to deal with.

I disagree with you malikie no matter what there will always be the good the bad and the ugly regardless whether ur east west north south aa us wn etc