hey i got a idea

mike7863

Jun 10, 2011
ok how does this sound. instead of everyone trying to scare the crap out of each other with these unproven rumors. why not post facts as they come available. i know people are scared and worry and thats understandable, but why make it worse by printing false info. nobody knows whats going to happen. and when some thing does happen there is really nothing you can do about it. i went thru 3 bks with twa and was never out of work, and i was at the bottom of the sen list. twa never dumped oh in bk and they were worse off then aa. so why doesnt everyone just calm down enjoy the holidays, and if info comes out print it on here with proof.

Reactions: 2 people
ok how does this sound. instead of everyone trying to scare the crap out of each other with these unproven rumors. why not post facts as they come available. i know people are scared and worry and thats understandable, but why make it worse by printing false info. nobody knows whats going to happen. and when some thing does happen there is really nothing you can do about it. i went thru 3 bks with twa and was never out of work, and i was at the bottom of the sen list. twa never dumped oh in bk and they were worse off then aa. so why doesnt everyone just calm down enjoy the holidays, and if info comes out print it on here with proof.

True, been there, probably with you, but different airlines. i don't think there was a CEO at TWA just waiting to dump the maintenance like POSSIBLY we have now.

Lots of airlnes had not yet dumped overhaul prior to April, 2001, when TWA ceased to exist. After that date, many airlines shed most or all of their heavy overhaul. AA is next. Besides, AA will need the former overhaul mechanics to staff the line stations given the impending shortage of A&P ticket holders, as Bob Owens has repeatedly predicted. Good thing AA has a deep bench in TULE where it can find those mechanics. Once arrangements have been made to outsource more overhaul, the TWU can secure the $48/hr to $50/hr the line mechanics deserve, which will entice the TULE AMTs to move to the line stations.

Reactions: 1 person
Lots of airlnes had not yet dumped overhaul prior to April, 2001, when TWA ceased to exist. After that date, many airlines shed most or all of their heavy overhaul. AA is next. Besides, AA will need the former overhaul mechanics to staff the line stations given the impending shortage of A&P ticket holders, as Bob Owens has repeatedly predicted. Good thing AA has a deep bench in TULE where it can find those mechanics. Once arrangements have been made to outsource more overhaul, the TWU can secure the $48/hr to $50/hr the line mechanics deserve, which will entice the TULE AMTs to move to the line stations.
Assuming that you are correct and the company outsources more overhaul, Don't be so sure of the $48/$50 hr being a reality. The TWU will negotiate with the company in every way possible to keep the number of dues payers as high as it can. If that means an average TWU wage for mechanics then that is what will happen. Tulsa holds the membership and the TWU holds TUL. Now the company holds them both. Not all TUL mechanics can bump the line. The company could RED Circle the line due to the experience level. But in the end the question remains, will seniority have any effect once the judge lays out the rules?