Hey RV4 and Hopeful

bingobilly

Jul 21, 2003
Hopeful you ard RV4 are pushing for AMFA. At UA amfa is trying to enlist fuelers into their beleagered union. Last I heard it didn''t take years of training and schooling and your own tools to fuel a plane. Looks like AMFA is grabbing for straws and trying to get anyone they can. A sign of a failing union. Mechanics Craft? Fuelers Craft? I don''t think so. Admit AMFA should be renamed IFMU (I''m For Myself Union)

I'd rather be a member of an "I'm for myslef union" than an "I"M FOR A GO F#@$ THE MECHANICS, WE'RE A BUS DRIVING FLEET SERVICE WE ONLY CATER TO THE MASSES" union.

Hopeful---- Easy Boy! He's just trying to pull your chain! Not that it dosen't need pulling now and then!!!!!
9.gif

You know Hopeful! I do beleive this A.M.F.A. thing has the big boys in Management all shuck up!!!! Not that that's a bad thing at all!!!! Maybe some good could come out of this!
9.gif

----------------
On 7/24/2003 10:40:30 AM Hopeful wrote:

I'd rather be a member of an "I'm for myslef union" than an "I"M FOR A GO F#@$ THE MECHANICS, WE'RE A BUS DRIVING FLEET SERVICE WE ONLY CATER TO THE MASSES" union.

----------------​

Easy Hopeful. If AMFA xxxxxs up in Tulsa, you might find lots of folks willing to ask the OK congressional delegation why workers at AA have no RTW protection? Why do they have to join a union to hold a job?

----------------
On 7/24/2003 1:21:26 PM j7915 wrote:

----------------

----------------​

Easy Hopeful. If AMFA xxxxxs up in Tulsa, you might find lots of folks willing to ask the OK congressional delegation why workers at AA have no RTW protection? Why do they have to join a union to hold a job?

----------------​
Now your trying to pull my chain! Don't you mean, "RTW Cheaper"???
9.gif

----------------
On 7/24/2003 1:21:26 PM j7915 wrote:

----------------

----------------​

----------------​
They do not need RTW protection under the Railway Labor and you know it. Now who is trying to twist an issue. RTW may not be good for unionism, but it does not apply to the profession of the airline mechanic and related, even under the TWU.
And who is "THEY", the OK congressional delegation??

----------------
On 7/24/2003 1:36:14 PM MCI transplant wrote:

You know Hopeful! I do beleive this A.M.F.A. thing has the big boys in Management all shuck up!!!! Not that that's a bad thing at all!!!! Maybe some good could come out of this!

----------------​
It may have some UNION big boys "shuck up" but management? Management would be quite happy to have amfa at AA after observing how they operate at Alaska and NWA! How could it possible be bad for management?

----------------
On 7/24/2003 9:29:33 PM AAmech wrote:

----------------
On 7/24/2003 1:36:14 PM MCI transplant wrote:

----------------​
It may have some UNION big boys "shuck up" but management? Management would be quite happy to have amfa at AA after observing how they operate at Alaska and NWA! How could it possible be bad for management?

----------------​
Management and the TWU would be shook up. The TWU would lose the mechanic and related and management while losing their union, would be free to negotiate with the Fleet Service at will.

blockquote>----------------
On 7/24/2003 10:19:01 AM bingobilly wrote:

Hopeful you ard RV4 are pushing for AMFA. At UA amfa is trying to enlist fuelers into their beleagered union. Last I heard it didn't take years of training and schooling and your own tools to fuel a plane. Looks like AMFA is grabbing for straws and trying to get anyone they can. A sign of a failing union. Mechanics Craft? Fuelers Craft? I don't think so. Admit AMFA should be renamed IFMU (I'm For Myself Union)

----------------

This is insane you guys go around and tell OSM,Title 2,Fuelers and cleaners to name a few that AMFA does not want to represent them.

Then when AMFA wins the election at UAL and begins to fight to represent the the groups that the NMB has defined as our craft and class who by the way voted in the election then "AMFA is grabbing for straws and trying to get anyone they can".

So I guess we have debunked another TWU lie it seems there is proof that AMFA does want to represent the fuelers at UAL, ah if only they had Osm's. Oh thats right only the twu has sub standard wages for employees doing mechanic work.

NO VOTE NO PEACE!!!!!!

AMFA NOW!!!!!!!

I say again Amfa is supposed to be a craft union. They really think of themselves as MDs (ie mediacal doctors). At UA they are scratching for fuelers to join. Sounds like another union trying to grab all the members they can. For their dues of course. Is there room for rampers? Only if they pay dues I suppose.
I now wonder if Amfa would sell out the fuelers the way they accuse AA rampers of doing. From what I've heard the rampers gave and gave to placate the mechs. They even let them have their own negotiated contract. Did it do them any good? Here comes Amfa they want to negotiate as a craft. DAH!! Didn't the mechies do that in their seperate negotions with the co (AA) under the TWU deal. Yet they complain. The amfa people just think of themselves they are not a real union when they just think of themselves. Instead of raising the level of all brothers and sisters. Its just me me me me me
6.gif

dont you guys ever talk about anything else????
anyone with half a brain knows that these are bad times and changing to a even worse union wont change anything except more people on the street!!

----------------
On 7/25/2003 8:19:24 AM flyers4 wrote:

dont you guys ever talk about anything else????
anyone with half a brain knows that these are bad times and changing to a even worse union wont change anything except more people on the street!!

----------------​
So when times are good you are going to help me replace the current fleet service union for a mechanic and related union? When is a good time?

hey buck you can change the name of the union but thats all you are changing. to make things better for ALL it takes active engaged union members. you guys complain all the time about the twu but have you ever tried to run for office and change the things you dont like??? how about coming to a union meeting? i just dont see amfa as the answer to all problems like you guys make them out to be. after all is said and done you will still have the same membership!!
change from the inside out is always hard but well worth it.

Latest posts