Hey... Where Is Everyone?

twotter

Senior
Mar 12, 2003
Hey all, where have you all dissapeared to?? I go away for a couple months and this place has tumbleweeds rolling through it.. Come on back and have something to say!!!!

Me thinks some people doth protest too much. My assessment is that there has recently evolved a sharp trend with some users of this forum to pounce on the slightest difference of opinion as though it were a vicous and personal attack on their (sometimes yet to be announced) feelings on a given topic. There seems to be less productive and light banter and more dart throwing and "last wording" than ever before here. Some of our more seasoned participants I feel have given up.

Also, the summer flying season is over and many have major honey-do lists for the yard to take care of before the snow flies so find it a great time to take a break.

My question to the departed ones is why didn't they speak up rather than give up?

The departed ones could have also chosen to ignore the BS posts and continue on with the topics they had something to contribute to.

This is my just humble opinion I am sure many will disagree.

:elvis:

your humble opinion is just as good as anyone else's, elvis, but i gotta side with 100ft on this one... some of the comments were just getting as ridiulous as the ideas that started the threads they were on... :blink:

sometimes it's hard to speak up when you don't know what the hell the original point was... mind you, it's like a good nitetime soap.. you just gotta come back to see what's gonna get said or thrown next!!!! :shock: :lol:

My point exactly, but if the departed didn't speak up.

A lot of people with good input to this forum have left because they didn't like the direction of the topics, but I didn't see any attempts to correct it.

If You don't like the topics start Your own.

:elvis:

it always takes more than one person to move a post off topic, and if you look back at many who don't frequent this site anymore, they definately weren't innocent bystanders on alot of conversations.

To add to Magseal's comment I remember in the early days of this site I made a comment that a topic was way off topic and I was quickly admonished (my big word of the day) by one of the top posters that it was common practice for posts to drift off course and I should learn to live with it or get lost.

:elvis: :elvis:

See, now we're communicating... This has brought up the whole problem of some people like certain ex members that I'm sure we all remember who have ended up being forced to leave because of the problems they created. I think all in all, most people can have a lively discussion without it deteriorating to the bs of name calling and worse. A little emotion is sometimes good when discussing things we are passionate about. You know, things like which type of beer is best.... ;)

canadian beer is the best....molsons to be more precise....c'mon let's get back to the basics, stop drinking all those import beers in the fancy bottles and labels that taste like crap (as well as that micro brewery crap that seems to be everywhere), but everyone drinks them cause it makes them think they are higher up the social ladder because of it.
Molson's needs our help, they are losing money big time, we can't let them drown in vats of undrank beer....

Duff is great, however Alexander Keiths IPA holds that special charm for me.... :up:

Or maybe it was too many years as an engineer that I just got hooked on the IPA part??? :wacko:

Cheers!!

i'm with mag on this one... tears flowed like amber brown hops and barley the day molson closed the doors of it's party house here in YQR... :(

no more could we grace the hallowed halls of molson house... and savor the cold beverages as they eased the aching muscles and dry throats of those who had just participated in sponsored sports...

let's all get out there and do our part... pop those cans, twist those caps... a national treasure needs our support...

all together, lets hear the anthem of beer.... "buuuuurrppp!!!" :up:

I made a comment on here thanking the pilots for whatever reason (my memory fades as I get older) and got peed on from high hights by a certain AME who shall remain nameless.
I have tremendous respect for anyone in this industry as I know the hard road that you take regardless of your chosen avaition path. At that point I was giving my respect to the pilots. Heck, if I want to get sh@t on from the heavens, I just need to go to work I don't need to come here.