Holiday Mess

Doc

Veteran
Jul 15, 2003
www.usaviation.com
No I don’t feel sorry for any passenger and I don’t think it was wrong for calling in sick.

Psgrs don’t care about you all they care about is the cheapest fare. They don’t even care if they get feed or get a seat ahead of time any more.

Think about it all management did in the last year was complain about us too much money too much vacation too much pension and the whole time did not participate in the cuts and in my view showed little respect for any of us.

I worked OT tues,wed thurs. Just so I could get a normal pay check on my vacation.
Thurs. was the worst day I had seen in a while but hey what do you expect when they get their new boarding machines and want you to work over sold flights with one person.
This is the most unprofessional management in all of history.

Remember you just voted for half pay on sick time what did you expect?
I would have stayed home with my family too and as a matter of fact I’m surprised more of you didn’t.

We had a chance to show the entire travel industry how much we are needed and this was just the tip of the ice burg.

Doc said:
No I don’t feel sorry for any passenger and I don’t think it was wrong for calling in sick.

Psgrs don’t care about you all they care about is the cheapest fare. They don’t even care if they get feed or get a seat ahead of time any more.

Think about it all management did in the last year was complain about us too much money too much vacation too much pension and the whole time did not participate in the cuts and in my view showed little respect for any of us.
I worked OT tues,wed thurs. Just so I could get a normal pay check on my vacation.
Thurs. was the worst day I had seen in a while but hey what do you expect when they get their new boarding machines and want you to work over sold flights with one person.

I would have stayed home with my family too and as a matter of fact I’m surprised more of you didn’t.

We had a chance to show the entire travel industry how much we are needed and this was just the tip of the ice burg.
[post="232022"][/post]​

They are paying for a service. Get me and my luggage from A to B safely, on time, without hassle. They aren't required to care about you. They are only providing the revenue that ultimately makes up your paycheck. Customers don't set the fare structure. Customers make airline travel purchase decisions mostly on price not schedule or amenities.

Glad you were able to make yourself whole for your vacation. Your co-workers on the ramp and in the cabin that no-showed did thousands of customers and fellow workers a huge wrong by their actions.

If U does not perish in the next fortnight it will "be a miracle" as Mr. Lakefield likes to say.

And yes you are right they do not set the fares but hey lets be honest customer services has gone down along with the fares and mangement has used this to strong arm us for to long.

Doc said:

[post="232022"][/post]​

You are needed. One time. And it is the nature of the business that many, perhaps most people wont be back after an experience like what happened to them this weekend. They will be with other carriers where the employees do care about customers.

The unfortunate fact is that US Air is a bit of a double headed beast. Or maybe good twin bad twin is a better example. Most of US Air, especially stations like LGA, CLT and PIT, and especially the CP desk, have the absolute greatest employees in the industry and are the main reason (not cost) that many of us fly US. But then there is PHL. The people in PHL can complain all they want about the recent cuts. But the fact is that after years of running 50-100 or more segments a year on US through PIT, I started getting more and more flights where I had to go through PHL. And even 4, 5 or 6 years ago going through PHL was a nightmare. Did they do a work slowdown before the cutbacks? Who could tell. Even 5 or 6 years ago you would get left on the tarmac because no one would bring the bus out or whatever more often than not. PHL has been an embarrassment to the otherwise outstanding people at US Air for well before the recent problems. Hell, this wasnt a problem for me this weekend. Ive been a US1 for like 7 years, 8 counting a putative 2005. Ive qualified but who knows what will happen. But I know better than fly through PHL AT ALL! Ive booked LGA-PIT-LGW and flown on the old planes rather than have to connect through PHL to get an A330. I dont think much at all of US management. But I think their biggest mistake was making PHL a hub. Im just very sorry for all of the really outstanding US employees Ive encountered at PIT, CLT and even a few at PHL who will suffer because some people are too immature to deal with their situations in mature, unselfish ways and wish to punish their customers and their cowokers. Dont tell me I dont care about the employees. If you could see your colleagues in PIT today who were working their asses off to clean up the mess you and yours made you might feel differently.

N924PS said:
If U does not perish in the next fortnight it will "be a miracle" as Mr. Lakefield likes to say.
[post="232024"][/post]​

Speaking of Mr. Lakefield don't you think they pay him for that service as well and do you believe he has done right by his JOB .....

I bet he was roasting his nuts by the fire not close enough for me ......

Doc said:

That may be true for some customers but I made sure I stopped by on my way thru PIT on my last flight of the year to wish the women in the US CLUB a happy holiday. These women see me every week of the year and they take good care of me. So you see that some of your customers do respect the work you do. And some of us care what happens to U.

"You get what you pay fore 16.09hr"

Don't get me started about this comment either. I'll just let you know that there are hospital employees who have a degree and bust their A$$ES to take care of their patients every day. I used to be one of those hospital employees who made less than the quoted hourly wage until I realized I was worth more and got out of the daily hospital grind. Now I'm making what I know I deserve and I get it. So don't even complain about making less money than people who you'd rely on someday. So if you're that unhappy making that amount then why not move on? Or is your job limited because of your skill set?

GadgetFreak said:
If you could see your colleagues in PIT today who were working their asses off to clean up the mess you and yours made you might feel differently.
[post="232032"][/post]​

So who gets punished? U employees have been getting punished for years now and we cant fight back because it will Inconvenience you... please ....It is the only recourse we have......Tell me what gets the message across.. I was handing out leaflets on the curb nobody cared passengers wouldn’t even look you in the eye
Bet your looking now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We tried to inform you the gentle way but nobody listens.

I can't believe what I'm reading here. This makes me sick. You don't like the job, don't let the door hit you in the butt. If you take the money then do the job. Blame management if you want, but just look what they've had to work with.

A320 Driver

trvlr64 said:
That may be true for some customers but I made sure I stopped by on my way thru PIT on my last flight of the year to wish the women in the US CLUB a happy holiday. These women see me every week of the year and they take good care of me. So you see that some of your customers do respect the work you do. And some of us care what happens to U.
"You get what you pay fore 16.09hr"

Don't get me started about this comment either. I'll just let you know that there are hospital employees who have a degree and bust their A$$ES to take care of their patients every day. I used to be one of those hospital employees who made less than the quoted hourly wage until I realized I was worth more and got out of the daily hospital grind. Now I'm making what I know I deserve and I get it. So don't even complain about making less money than people who you'd rely on someday. So if you're that unhappy making that amount then why not move on? Or is your job limited because of your skill set?
[post="232036"][/post]​

You people amaze me…..So if a company decides after 25 years of service that you are not worth what they are paying you then it’s just too bad. Oh and I have a degree but I loved working with people so I stayed and it was a fun ride. But don’t sit there and tell me to go out and better my self because some company can just throw you aside. Sounds like a republican comment to me. But I will save that rant for another board…..your thoughts are limited by your narrow minded ness.

I have not logged for 4 days ,until this very moment..
I still am in dis-believe that the BELIEVERS VOTED for the new contract..

Just wait.....Untill MORE CITIES ARE EXPRESSED OUT< then lets see if you still KISS the CCy'S @$$! And keep giving....

They are NOT DONE>>>They will cut more and more and more...

I'm done,,resume has been polished and I've been networking..

SCREW THIS PLACE ....

THEY ARE NASTY.
THEY ARE EVIL.
THIS IS A BAD COMPANY to work for...

Mgmt BLAMES the employees for EVERYTHING!

THE WINTER MESS, FOX news reported one hell of a story(negative)on US>..

What does mgmt say?

High volume of sick calls,from agents.
High Sick call volume from F/A.

NOT ONCE DID THOSE BASTARDS in CCY ever apologize for THE INCONVIENCE>..

For God's sake, apologize, noooooo...Blame the employees...

I HOPE EACH ONE OF THEM ROT IN HELL!!!!! :down: :down: :down: :down: