Homeland Insecurity

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com

Homeland Security Drones Designed to Identify Civilians Carrying Guns

obama-drones-yes-we-can.jpg

"I am very concerned that this technology will be used against law-abiding American firearms owners," said founder and executive vice president of the Second Amendment Foundation Alan Gottlieb. “This could violate Fourth Amendment rights as well as Second Amendment rights."

"That drone is not just picking up information on what's happening at that specific scene, it's picking up everything else that's going on," says drone expert and Brookings Institution senior fellow Peter Singer. "Basically it's recording footage from a lot of different people that it didn't have their approval to record footage.”

http://www.breitbart...s-Carrying-Guns

Speaking of fire power, while all of you are arguing over what shouldn't be an issue at all........DHS is contracted for 1.5 Billion rounds of ammunition over the next five years. I believe they used around 5.5 Million rounds a year in the Iraq war.......that's enough ammo to wage a 24 year war....against who?? The US populace? Why is DHS arming themselves to the teeth and to what end?

What about the armored vehicles the Pentagon 'mistakenly' ordered that DHS took for street use?

Speaking of fire power, while all of you are arguing over what shouldn't be an issue at all........DHS is contracted for 1.5 Billion rounds of ammunition over the next five years. I believe they used around 5.5 Million rounds a year in the Iraq war.......that's enough ammo to wage a 24 year war....against who?? The US populace? Why is DHS arming themselves to the teeth and to what end?

What about the armored vehicles the Pentagon 'mistakenly' ordered that DHS took for street use?

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:9711]

I disagree with your thread title Dell. I feel "Homeland Insanity" would be far more appropriate for what's going on lately.

What is your source(s) for the ammo purhases by dhs ?

I'm curious why any could find that stockpiling the least bit incredible these days. What's the problem?....Not enough "Hope and Change" involved?...Perhaps too few unicorns and rainbows? ;)

Gotta' just love this BS = "Personal Defense Weapons", otherwise labeled "Assault Weapons"..that should, of course, be DENIED to all of the law abiding citizens of this Nation? https://www.fbo.gov/...b=core&_cview=0

"Keep in mind that President Obama is on the record saying, “AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals; that they belong on the battlefield of war, not on the streets of our cities.”
But it seems he really means they don’t belong on the streets of our cities unless they are in the hands of homeland security enforcers, in which case they can be FULL-AUTO assault weapons."

http://www.infowars....efense-weapons/

I'm most "impressed" with that macho terminology though = "they belong on the battlefield of war, .." I'd love to know what personal experience he could possibly even imagine about being on any "battlefield" or in "war", where he might have ever suffered more than a paper cut himself. Teleprompters going out mid-speech don't really count as enemy fire....Republicans had no prize to offer, but Seriously; who elected that pathetic little pimp?

There is also an ammo shortage, which the media blames on the current rush to buy soon-to-be-banned guns and stockpiling ammunition. I have stated and believe that if the government can't take your guns, it will take your ammo!

Reactions: 1 person
On the floor of the US Senate this very minute, Senator Rand Paul is filibustering for Liberty

Any person that opposes the erosion (or even outright obliteration) of Freedom and the imposition of tyranny, can't be all bad, to say the very least.

I was hoping for something a little more credible, like a purchase order, a receipt, maybe something from the CBO.

Not necessarily a website with this fine print:

Notice: Information contained herein is not and should not be construed as an offer, solicitation, or recommendation to buy or sell securities. The information has been obtained from sources we believe to be reliable; however no guarantee is made or implied with respect to its accuracy, timeliness, or completeness. The information and content are subject to change without notice. You may use IBD’s Services and Subscriber-Only features solely for personal, non-commercial use. Removal or alteration of any trademark, cop...

I was hoping for something a little more credible, like a purchase order, a receipt, maybe something from the CBO.

Notice: Information contained herein is not and should not be construed as an offer, solicitation, or recommendation to buy or sell securities. The information has been obtained from sources we believe to be reliable; however no guarantee is made or implied with respect to its accuracy, timeliness, or completeness. The information and content are subject to change without notice. You may use IBD’s Services and Subscriber-Only features solely for personal, non-commercial use. Removal or alteration of any trademark, cop...

About those 2700 16 MRADs

“[The vehicle] is used in the execution of high-risk warrants — including drug trafficking, smuggling, and contraband,” Ross Feinstein, a spokesman for DHS, told Business Insider.

http://www.homelands...res-2-700-mraps

Update: An earlier version of this post included a figure of over 2,700 vehicles, as cited from the original RT link. This figure likely comes from a press release from Navistar Defense, mentioning delivery of 2,717 to the U.S. Marine Corps. A DHS Spokesman confirmed with Business Insider that they have only 16 nationwide.

http://www.businessi...3#ixzz2MoVidDlI

As far as the 1.6 billion rounds of ammo purchased by the DHS, you need access to "strategic sourcing contracts", which I don't. Hopefully this source will satisfy your curiosity.

http://www.homelands...s-of-ammunition

Must all be bullshit then.