" Homo - Naledi " ( National Geographic )

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/new-species-of-human-relative-discovered_55f09c1ce4b093be51bd679f

O K...'southwind,...NOW .... " We Get It " !

NOW all of us,....dell, 700...eolesen.....'Tree.....Me.......'Dog........ifly2.....KCflyer.......cit'Rat.......townPUMP........ Kev3188.....Glenn.......777 fixer.......xUT,............Understand that All Along,...YOU have been showing us a PICTURE (via your avatar) Of YOUR  FAMILY  TREE.

BOY,...you sure had us Fooled Very Good !

Ps,
SO MUCH for Creationism.
That 'Dudette' (dude)... looks Nothing like the long Blonde Haired svelt beauties that I've seen photo's of, in Norway.   There, I'm guessing..EVOLUTION was in play ..Big Time There  !

Dammit

You know that is some sort of made up faked plant

Humans were created from dust, and rib, 6,000 years ago

Same week the universe was created from nothing

All that "science" is the work of The Devil, to get mankind to eat apples and think

No thinking allowed

Reactions: 1 person
Ifly2 said:
Dammit

You know that is some sort of made up faked plant

Humans were created from dust, and rib, 6,000 years ago

Same week the universe was created from nothing

All that "science" is the work of The Devil, to get mankind to eat apples and think

No thinking allowed

Sadly ifly2 ..........(in some ways for a lot of people).......truer words were never spoken.

Since I consider you to be a Very intelligent person (loaded with critical thinking) I'd like to share a brief AND personal story with you.  I'm an alcoholic, dry for 20+ years, and an old veteran of old style AA. (tons of PRAYING to JESUS and GOD an the 'old 12-step program)  My youngest son is a drug addict for Years,  and NOTHING (no program has been successful at keeping his sober and clean),......That is UNTIL  N O W.  !!  He was  L U C K Y  enough to get admitted (at no cost thanx to the judge who was getting FED up with seeing his ASSS) to a facility named the Farnum Center in MHT. he did his 30 day stint, and 'Graduated' with his 'chip' and is now in a very good halfway house.  (I don't want to get away from the FARNUM center, so lets 'return there, so  " I " don't make this post as long as the Federalist Papers)  :wub:
The ' F -C ' teaches the Ultra Highly Successful theory of..." MIND-THOUGHT-CONSCIOUSNESS "  (please look it up, ifly)  !!  NO mention of religion is EVER used  !!!!   Fast forward,.........I go up on his very first visiting day, and he emerges from the dorm, into the reception hall....BABBLING like a Drunken Sailor about how AMAZING this stuff is. (his main councelor validated that he sits right in front of her EVERY day, and CANNOT get ENOUGH of what shes teaching.  He's totally Engrossed, TOTALLY  !
Anyway, fast forwarding, the F-C is teaching PURE Brain  S C I E N C E, showing brain scans, reward centers, you name it, TOTALLY SCIENCE.  Thier SUCCESS rate is nothing short of ASTRONOMICAL  !  Tonight is 'Alimni' night/meeting.  You have to get there EARLY, or you Won't get a seat. I started going with my kid, to lend support,............. N O W,. I go for also for myself, andthough I haven't relapsed in over 20 years, neither have I attended AA in 20 years.  Bottom line,.........This SCIENTIFIC STUFF is Absolutely Amazing !!  The " F - C " view on old style AA and the Praying and GOD and Jesus is, If it helps you, fine,..however it's Not necessary to stay sober, and They have the numbers to PROVE IT.

Sorry for the Looooong post  !

I will look it up

Whatever helps the individual is great, but it is my belief, purely from observation and entirely unscientific, that it is when the individual realizes the need to help themself that they will find what helps them.

There is a difference between realization and knowledge. One can know one needs to change a behavior, want to, try to and everything else,mand usually comtimue failing.

When/if the realization comes, then so does the change.

fwiw, AA's success rate is less than that of individuals that seek no outside assistance. It is unscientific, but trumpets bad science, and poor theology. It presupposes weakness and failure and "they" have The Answer.

Basically, a cult.

Ifly2 said:
I will look it up

Whatever helps the individual is great, but it is my belief, purely from observation and entirely unscientific, that it is when the individual realizes the need to help themself that they will find what helps them.

There is a difference between realization and knowledge. One can know one needs to change a behavior, want to, try to and everything else,mand usually comtimue failing.

When/if the realization comes, then so does the change.

fwiw, AA's success rate is less than that of individuals that seek no outside assistance. It is unscientific, but trumpets bad science, and poor theology. It presupposes weakness and failure and "they" have The Answer.

Basically, a cult.

Ya,....you're  'spot-on'  ifly,  'spot-on' ! (AA has often been referred to as a cult)

Ps,.......Sorry for 'composing' such a  looooong post (above).

PPS, (back on topic)..............NO word from 'southwind yet.....hmmm !

You believe what you want to believe, you crawled out of bog with gills and a tail and I'll believe a divine being created man.
Ever wonder, if in the end, your wrong? Oooppsss

Reactions: 3 people
The old "hedge your bet" theology...

That's not quite "faith", nor "belief"

More like "I'm scared to think for myself so I'll identify with these people"

southwind said:
You believe what you want to believe, you crawled out of bog with gills and a tail and I'll believe a divine being created man.
The 'belief' that we have defended from more primitive life forms is not the same as believing that vanilla is Th3 best flavor.

The amount of evidence to support evolution is staggering. Everything from skeletal remains to DNA. Science touches virtually every aspect of your life and you choose to discount one part because it disagrees with a belief you choose to have. Knock your self out. Just don't for a second believe that what you bieve and what science has proven are in any way equivalents.

After your thorough examination of all the religions what drew you to your particular faith? It's going to suck big time if the Romans or Hindus were correct and you were praying to the wrong god(s).

The god gave all those different cultures all those different books because...?

Sick sense of humour?

Some sort of test?

if it don't make sense it don't make sense

If it asks you to deny what we now know, Or to believe in what cannot be, that's a clue for your self

southwind said:
How could some one who never evolved believe in evolution?

Reactions: 2 people
NewHampshire Black Bears said:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/new-species-of-human-relative-discovered_55f09c1ce4b093be51bd679f

O K...'southwind,...NOW .... " We Get It " !

NOW all of us,....dell, 700...eolesen.....'Tree.....Me.......'Dog........ifly2.....KCflyer.......cit'Rat.......townPUMP........ Kev3188.....Glenn.......777 fixer.......xUT,............Understand that All Along,...YOU have been showing us a PICTURE (via your avatar) Of YOUR  FAMILY  TREE.

BOY,...you sure had us Fooled Very Good !

Ps,
SO MUCH for Creationism.
That 'Dudette' (dude)... looks Nothing like the long Blonde Haired svelt beauties that I've seen photo's of, in Norway.   There, I'm guessing..EVOLUTION was in play ..Big Time There  !

Take ANOTHER GOOD LOOK  'southwind........at your family tree.    (HINT)  It's in your famous  A V A T A R    !!!

S S O A B   !!

S.   -
S.  son
O.  of
A.  a
B.  -

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not the one who started a topic questioning beliefs. Your free to believe what you want and so am I. And I don't hedge bets concerning my faith!

Reactions: 2 people
southwind said:
I'm not the one who started a topic questioning beliefs. Your free to believe what you want and so am I. And I don't hedge bets concerning my faith!
southwind said:
What if you are following the wrong religion?