Honest Question - Answer Honestly!

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
This question is mainly for the TWU supporters:

How much are you willing to give back in respect to concessions?

When is enough enough?

You keep talking about how the TWU preserves jobs, but how little a salary are you willing to accept to have 100% employment?
You claim that the TWU represents your best interest, but how would you feel if a contract aircarft came into your overhaul base and that carrier brought their own mechanics?

The TWU never gave a rat's ass about the line stations. UP HERE IN NY, we have Finnair, Iberia and until recently, LOT POLISH working on our ramp with their own mechanics. The TWU tells us the company can do what they want because it's THEIR ramp. But you can be damn sure TWU/AA cabin cleaners and line cargo people work these carriers.

Oh, I forgot, the TWU represents your best interest!

Hopeful,

Concessions come in many forms. Under the union concept it is Unity and long-term employment. The Industry is going thru some major changes and long-term survival ship is in Question. If you review the average wages in the Industry it has become obvious that many A&P are willing to go and start at General Aviation wages while working on the Majors aircraft.

Amfa has chosen to outsource work to satisfy the few while the TWU has chosen to ensure long-term survival ship for the Majority with a reasonable expectation of returning to work when on layoff. The majority of the TWU membership voted to except the last concessionary agreement even though they did not like it. It was held up in court (some will dispute this). But the fact still remains it was ratified. This has been going on for many years and is unfortunately in the companies favor. You have no choice when you have more qualified A&P's wanting work and the average wage in the Industry is well below your current wage.

Myself I do not believe their is a need for any more concessions and I look forward to getting back some of our benefits. This will happen when individuals realize that they have been dividing the membership and AA has used this to their benefit.

The TWU cares about the line stations, it is the misguided individuals who have preached this misconception. Once you diss-associate yourself from the TWU Vs. Amfa battle you will see the obvious. Hopeful you have let this issue eat at you so bad you have lost sight of the damage this division you and the rest have caused.

Enough is enough when WE are all going in the same direction!!!! I believe after extensive talks with Jim Little his passion runs deep and he is committed to change! Have an open mind and get involved. You will be amazed what you can achieve.

I want you to see how many Amfa members are willing to picket next week! Than you will see the destruction Amfa has caused!! Anything less than 50% of the active Amfa members (18,000) is a complete failure!!!!! This is their job they are talking about and Amfa has up to 11,000 thousand members on Layoff and over 35,000 retires!! So it should be no problem for them to generate the large volume of picketers.

Checking it Out said:
Concessions come in many forms.

And the TWU should know, they have developed and granted all of them.

Under the union concept it is Unity and long-term employment.

Oh really? Where is that in the Constitution? The Union concept is fair wages and benifits. The idea of sacrificing wages for full employment is a RTW concept. It seems that CIO is a little confused.

The Industry is going thru some major changes and long-term survival ship is in Question.

Same excuse as always, but with the TWU those changes always include more concessions. For the TWU International its worked out well, they get more members plus a $3.1 million dollar kick back from the company. Lets not forget that the TWU did and told the guys at Pan Am the same things. Those leaders were rewarded with lifetimes positions as union officers while the members were ripped off until the day they shut the doors anyway.

If you review the average wages in the Industry it has become obvious that many A&P are willing to go and start at General Aviation wages while working on the Majors aircraft.

Yes but we pay dues and join unions in the hope that we can do better. Thats not the case with the TWU, we may as well take two hours gross wages every month and flush them down the toilet with leaders like this.

Amfa has chosen to outsource work to satisfy the few while the TWU has chosen to ensure long-term survival ship for the Majority with a reasonable expectation of returning to work when on layoff.

Thats a lie. AA spends more on outsourcing than ANY other company despite having the lowest average mechanics wage of all the majors. We just read recently where 150 NWA mechanics were returned to work with full back pay, in the meantime we are still losing coworkers.

The majority of the TWU membership voted to except the last concessionary agreement even though they did not like it.

Hey dummy, I think you meant "accept". If they voted to "except" it then they rejected it. Its not very comforting knowing that someone who is barely literate is helping to write our contract language.

It was held up in court (some will dispute this).

What was held up in court? The only thing that happened in court was that a preliminary injunction was rejected. The fact is the validity of the vote was never challenged through a trial.

But the fact still remains it was ratified.

Yes, with Jim Littles signature.

This has been going on for many years and is unfortunately in the companies favor.

And without doubt the TWU has contributed to that. They have been Industry Leading in Concessions for twenty years.

You have no choice when you have more qualified A&P's wanting work and the average wage in the Industry is well below your current wage.

If thats the case then why do we need to pay the TWU 2 hours pay per month if its all predetermined anyway?

Myself I do not believe their is a need for any more concessions and I look forward to getting back some of our benefits.

Did you believe that we needed to give them in the first place? Are you saying that we were not giving AA a fair value for their money? That we deserved less?Especially after seeing that management was taking good care of themselves? Despite the inflated losses ? Despite Littles own admission that they were "more than adequate". Shouldnt the TWU have given back the $3.1 million and let us keep something else?

This will happen when individuals realize that they have been dividing the membership and AA has used this to their benefit.

Individuals like Koziatek and Little who create all these subclasses of workers earning different pay rates at the same location doing the same work? Who pit the line stations against overhaul by not taking into consideration the economic disparity that is the result of locality? Who fragment the locals to the point where they are economically dependant on the company?

The TWU cares about the line stations, it is the misguided individuals who have preached this misconception.

Oh really, tell us how. Your buddy just got done on one of the other threads telling us to stay out of Tulsa business. They only care about the dues they get from us.

Once you diss-associate yourself from the TWU Vs. Amfa battle you will see the obvious. Hopeful you have let this issue eat at you so bad you have lost sight of the damage this division you and the rest have caused.

Could you be specific? I gave specifics as to how the TWU caused division, tell us how we have caused division? I guess you feel that we should just shut up and accept whatever figures the Tulsa E-Board deems apropriate for Tulsa as good enough for us.

Enough is enough when WE are all going in the same direction!!!!

And what direction are you going? We want to go up, you want to go down. We will all go up, once we get AMFA.

I believe after extensive talks with Jim Little his passion runs deep and he is committed to change! Have an open mind and get involved. You will be amazed what you can achieve.

We have heard all that many, many times before.

I want you to see how many Amfa members are willing to picket next week! Than you will see the destruction Amfa has caused!! Anything less than 50% of the active Amfa members (18,000) is a complete failure!!!!!

Is that why the TWU is so reluctant to picket? When was the last time the TWU ever had a turnout of 50%? So in other words every TWU event is a complete failure?

This is their job they are talking about and Amfa has up to 11,000 thousand members on Layoff and over 35,000 retires!! So it should be no problem for them to generate the large volume of picketers.

And where are you getting your numbers from? The TWU even teaches new officers that at best you can expect a 10% active membership. Why are your numbers for AMFA so different than what you realistacally expect at the TWU?

cio is a complete company suck ass, just ask anyone who has had the unfortunate oportunity to work with him!!!!

Hopeful said:
This question is mainly for the TWU supporters:

How much are you willing to give back in respect to concessions?

When is enough enough?

You keep talking about how the TWU preserves jobs, but how little a salary are you willing to accept to have 100% employment?
You claim that the TWU represents your best interest, but how would you feel if a contract aircarft came into your overhaul base and that carrier brought their own mechanics?

The TWU never gave a rat's ass about the line stations. UP HERE IN NY, we have Finnair, Iberia and until recently, LOT POLISH working on our ramp with their own mechanics. The TWU tells us the company can do what they want because it's THEIR ramp. But you can be damn sure TWU/AA cabin cleaners and line cargo people work these carriers.

Oh, I forgot, the TWU represents your best interest!
You want an honest answer? Then how about this...!

If you will look in the employment sections in the Newspapers you will find different sections for employment opportunities. One section may have opportunities for Professional & Administrative, and others with Technical & Trades which is what you fall under for your type of work. Now scan through the adds and then you decide for yourself if you are in a better position...! I think you will see for yourself that your elitist attitude does not carry much weight in the "REAL WORLD"........!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------
AMFA: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!

cio,

"Amfa has chosen to outsource work to satisfy the few while the TWU has chosen to ensure long-term survival ship for the Majority with a reasonable expectation of returning to work when on layoff."

Would this be return to work to DECREASED wage and benefits under the twu accpted concessions? I believe that AMFA members recalled come back to FULL wage and benefits.

As for returning to work at AA can you inform us when AA plans on doing this? If you have not noticed AA is NOT recalling. As a matter of fact AA will be having another round of layoffs coming soon.

The twu way... give concessions to save jobs so AA can layoff more. But don't worry, cio and the other twu supporters are just now saying it is time to fight to get back what we lost. Um, I mean what jim little stole from AMTs and gave to Mr. Arpey.

Now scan through the adds and then you decide for yourself if you are in a better position...! I think you will see for yourself that your elitist attitude does not carry much weight in the "REAL WORLD"........!!!!!!!!

So your job as an AMT does not justify better pay or benefits then that of a sanitation worker, transit worker, auto mechanic, plumber, electrician, etc etc etc...

After all these guys work nights weekends and holidays and are are responsible for the safety of the flying public. Not to mention liable if something should go wrong with any of the aircraft one works on.

You are a perfect canidate for the twu every loaf of bread costs the same and we should all be making the same money. With an attitude like that I am not surprised if you spineless cowards vote in the next round of concessions. But with most of you twu types it is easier to to roll over for the BOHICA then to fight for what your worth.

Hopefully the company will try and push the COLA to save even more money this way the majority will feel what its like to work peanuts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

[/QUOTE]

If you will look in the employment sections in the Newspapers you will find different sections for employment opportunities. One section may have opportunities for Professional & Administrative, and others with Technical & Trades which is what you fall under for your type of work. Now scan through the adds and then you decide for yourself if you are in a better position...! I think you will see for yourself that your elitist attitude does not carry much weight in the "REAL WORLD"........!!!!!!!!

Where do I have an elitist attitude? You are the reason the aircraft mechanics are disrespected the way we are. Thanks!

Amfa has chosen to outsource work to satisfy the few while the TWU has chosen to ensure long-term survival ship for the Majority with a reasonable expectation of returning to work when on layoff. The majority of the TWU membership voted to except the last concessionary agreement even though they did not like it. It was held up in court (some will dispute this). But the fact still remains it was ratified. This has been going on for many years and is unfortunately in the companies favor. You have no choice when you have more qualified A&P's wanting work and the average wage in the Industry is well below your current wage.

You still don't get it do you? No matter what union is in place the company is the one who decides to outsource or not. The job of the union is to fight these actions any way they can. It is not only in there interest to fight and win, it is in the best interest of all aircraft mechanics that the union fighting wins. This is called a precedence.

I want you to see how many Amfa members are willing to picket next week! Than you will see the destruction Amfa has caused!! Anything less than 50% of the active Amfa members (18,000) is a complete failure!!!!! This is their job they are talking about and Amfa has up to 11,000 thousand members on Layoff and over 35,000 retires!! So it should be no problem for them to generate the large volume of picketers.

If the twu was a real union then they would be out there next to the people from NW. This is because this issue concerns all of us not just NW technicians. You see, this is one of the main reasons the twu is no good for the aircraft technician. The twu is out for the twu not its members.

You guys truely suck. The man asked an honest question, CIO gave him an honest answer, and trailer court Bob feels the need to introduce blue ink to his reply. Hey Bob, no one cares about your feeble attempt of correspondence. maybe the NY boys think you're the pickle on a Big Mac, but the masses do not. I can't believe you haven't had a true friend tell you how we feel about your ramblings, is "true friends" the key word?

Nightwatch said:
You guys truely suck. The man asked an honest question, CIO gave him an honest answer, and trailer court Bob feels the need to introduce blue ink to his reply. Hey Bob, no one cares about your feeble attempt of correspondence. maybe the NY boys think you're the pickle on a Big Mac, but the masses do not. I can't believe you haven't had a true friend tell you how we feel about your ramblings, is "true friends" the key word?
Should I consider you a true friend, or a true fiend?

Why are you so desperate to tell me about how you feel about my "ramblings"? Do you think I care what you think? Did I ever ask? If you dont like them then just scroll on by but I will continue to post. I didnt see any objections from HOPEFUL on my response.

High speed steel when was the last time you saw an auto. Manufacturing job listed in the news paper or an Airline Pilot's job or an airline Mechanics job listed in the news paper. You don't even live in the real world do you. Did you find this job your at looking in the news paper? I didn't and I don't know anyone else who did either. NO VOTE :angry: NO PEASE

Bob Owens said:
Should I consider you a true friend, or a true fiend?

Why are you so desperate to tell me about how you feel about my "ramblings"? Do you think I care what you think? Did I ever ask? If you dont like them then just scroll on by but I will continue to post. I didnt see any objections from HOPEFUL on my response.
Trust me on this one Bob, I have been scrolling your posts since I found this board and read your first short story. And yes Bob, you care how I feel. People that ramble like you have the need to be heard, you care. Possibly from being ignored in the real world, or as a child, but you have that desire Bob, it's quite evident.

Funny that you reply in blue ink, our industry colors some items with blue, if you get my drift, well done.