Honoring 35 years of loyalty and dedication to US & PI

May 19, 2003
Visit site
Several frequent flyers are flying in from around the country to have dinner with Deborah Thompson, Managing Director Corporate and Consumer Affairs to honor her 35 years plus of service to US and PI. We always felt Deborah was the one member of management that "got it" and always felt that she was our advocate with in the team. As many of you know Deborah has indicated that she will be retiring from US in the near future, and we want to say thank you in person for the many years of going above and beyond for the customers of US and PI. Her last offical day with US will be January 31, 2006

We will be taking Deborah and her husband to dinner on February 11, 2006 in Winston-Salem, NC. We are currently determining where the dinner will be held, but the two options are Noble's Grill and Frankie Rowlands. The dinner site and time will be announced soon.

We would like to extend the invitation to those employees here who have worked with her or know her and would like to join us. You may even get a chance to meet your favorite roach...... :shock:

Many of you will understandably not be able to attend this dinner, but may want to send a personal note of thanks to her. We will be collecting those notes and gifts and presenting them during the dinner. If you want to send a personal note, we will be placing them in a scrap book so please forward any of those personal notes to my attention at [email protected]. If you desire to send a personal gift, please PM me and I will provide you with my home address.

Our desire is for this dinner to be more on the smaller intimate side, therefore spaces will be limited. Please either PM to me your desire to attend or post in this thread. We will not know the final seating availability until a venue is chosen, but expectations are some where in the neighborhood of 25 or 30 places available.

You're right. Deborah Thompson was the one person in management that got it. She'll be missed but we are thankful for her years here. :up:

Hmm, bet SHE doesnt become an S4 now that she can be "more flexible and plan her travel according". ;)

BE NICE! Deborah had a job to do! She did it with style and grace. 35+ years in the airline business helping to build one of the most loyal customer bases in aviation is something to be quite proud of.

For me it was an honor to meet her and it will be an honor to see her again in INT.

LOL! I meant no disrespect for her. Yes, she was a fine lady. Just poking at "the system".

We will be dining with Deborah and her husband on Saturday February 11, 2006 at Nobles Grill in Winston Salem. The evening will start at 7:00 PM. We will have a private room with an open menu.

Info on Noble's Grill or this one.

We have room for five more should any one find they can attend at the last moment. Just PM me and let me know if you will be coming

I'll add my two cents since I'm attending.....

If you can, try to make plans to attend. I can tell you firsthand that you'll make some new friends. These FFOCUS folks are ok - don't let the complaining fool you into thinking otherwise :lol: :lol:

Jim

ps - don't let my ugly face scare you away either.....