Honoring Those who Served

SparrowHawk

Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
View attachment 9232

The photo is of the US Third Army Corp during the Battle of the Ardenne's (Bulge) serving under General George S Patton. One of those brave men was my Uncle. Pfc, Kenneth W Johnson, 90th Infantry Division. From his landing on D-Day through to the liberation of several concentration camps this young Citizen/Soldier fought for Freedom & Liberty for not just the USA but for an entire continent of Europe. When asked he always said "I was just doing my job". To all of the Citizen/Soldiers who keep us free, THANK YOU!! Ken taught me a little marching song (or at least part of one) So we'll end with that

Tramp, Tramp, Tramp
The boys are marching
And I spied Hitler at the door
If I had a piece of glass
I's shove it us his ass
and there wouldn't no
more Hitler anymore

God Bless all men and women in harms way, may they come home safe and soon.

It is an honorable and very sad day at the same time. Humankind has not overcome the issue of co-existing peacefully.

God Bless our Troops.

I did not want to politicize this thread but sadly you're right. Uncle Ken didn't run onto the beach under withering gun fire on D-Day so the TSA could trample our Liberties.

There is a reason Ron Paul raises more money from active military then ALL of the candidates including Obama COMBINED.
They know what it means to be in harms way over a principle. Bless them one and all.

Latest posts

Back