How can this be?

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
"The only reason I can come up with for the discrepancy is that your figures show retirements from furlough or recalls electing not to come back."

Ok, so the real numbers are much lower than what the lying company has posted on the website. However, Retirements from furlough and recalls electing not to come back do not affect my seniority number by one iota because they are all junior to me.

So, going by the real numbers provided by the internal source who has the goods, how is it that my seniority number dropped by over 800 from July, 2010 until today? Should I call crew planning and tell them they should add some numbers to my seniority number because there is an internal source who has the real data who says that much less than 800 people have actually left the flight attendant ranks in the past 12 months?

Not judgin'. Just sayin'.

Does the new 2011 seniority list that is available on Jetnet include all furloughs? If so then we have around 600 people less this year then last on the seniority list.

IIRC, the HI6 I received said it reflects all retirements May 2011 and earlier. It does show everyone still on the furlough list with the last one being 16893.

MK

Well, Mark the numbers provided on the Flight Service website show 360 total retirements from June, 2010 through May, 2011. (Yes, the numbers by month are there, and yes I added them up.) According to you many of those are retirements from furlough which would not affect my seniority even one digit. So, how did my seniority number drop 823 from July, 2010 until July, 2011?

My HI1 for July, 2010 shows a seniority number of 16115. I sent you my email address in reply to your private note to me on this forum. I believe you are the one who chose not to follow through. By September it had dropped to 15755, but there was almost 200 total attrition in June-August; so, they reran the numbers IIRC.

A little off topic, I know the FA work group is getting older, but these new uniforms look more like a smock a Denny's waitress would wear, rather then the uniform of a Flight Attendant for an International Airline.

It's the exact same uniform it's been for a number of years. The only difference is the scarf as far as I know. A number of International airlines require their flight attendants to wear a decorative scarf with the uniform.

It's the exact same uniform it's been for a number of years. The only difference is the scarf as far as I know. A number of International airlines require their flight attendants to wear a decorative scarf with the uniform.

I'm speaking of the jacket's/smock, that the ladies now wear regardless of the timeline. I think the uniform should be the skirts/pants and the blazers of old. They were attractive and professional looking, in my opinion. The newer dress's look good on some FA's, but are not good to work in.

So, how did my seniority number drop 823 from July, 2010 until July, 2011?
Jim, I have no idea. I looked up your number on the June 2010 list and saw 15751. Both the 2010 and 2011 lists are on the Flight Service website under Crew Resources|Crew Planning - very bottom of page on the left.

I sent you my email address in reply to your private note to me on this forum. I believe you are the one who chose not to follow through.
I never saw it and don't see a private message.

I really don't want to beat this to death. I posted attrition numbers from information I have reason to believe is accurate, and my only intent was to inform those interested.

MK

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts