How Did We Come To This?

harleyrider said:
:angry: In my opinion, Management, just doesn't care or want to listen to any one of the labor groups. It seem that they are only protecting themselves,their salaries, their medical, ect. We,all have given and given. Has management ever said what they are going to give up!! I'm still LISTENING for their reply...I am really sad to see that management refuses to come to the plate. But that is why we are in the state of affairs that we are in. They can walk away with millions, their golden parachutes and blame labor for the companies demise. This is just like Eastern, for example a Gate agent at Eastern was making $40,000 after management was done taking and taking, that poor gate agent, just before the doors were closed, was making $13,000. Not much for your family to live on. I am ready to move on, But, I'm staying until they close the doors. I'm going to hand them, the chain and lock for the door. Good bye USAIRWAYS it's been nice knowing all of you. And, just so there is no hard feeling toward any one in Management, as I walk away from this company, please notice the mistletoe on my coattail.
[post="173310"][/post]​

Gate agents at Eastern made $40,000/year? You got to be kidding, right? If that is true, then it's no wonder why they went under then! Talk about lack of efficiency...

Education, plus an uncle who was with them for 29 years before it folded.

700UW said:
Education, plus an uncle who was with them for 29 years before it folded.
[post="173424"][/post]​

What was your education? And I had several relatives who worked for them from the early sixties to the very end. Once again, why are you such an "expert"?