How Do You Fix AA?

strikeforce

Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
Provide suggestions on how to fix AA and the industry, so employee's can have job security, and enjoy increases in wages and benefits? I'm not looking at finger pointing or criticism towards labor or management. Only real solutions.

Operational awareness......reduce aircraft damage....I'm talking about the one's that are down-right avoidable! We all need to be more vigilant!

Provide suggestions on how to fix AA and the industry, so employee's can have job security, and enjoy increases in wages and benefits? I'm not looking at finger pointing or criticism towards labor or management. Only real solutions.

Operational awareness......reduce aircraft damage....I'm talking about the one's that are down-right avoidable! We all need to be more vigilant!
Hmm, in one thread you whip out the broad brush and call the membership "spineless", and here you say no finger pointing and only real solutions. So, would metal sitting around be a solution, or is business as usual the direction to go? I'm confused! :blink:

How bout when we go to work, just try to have q positive attitude and do things to the best of our ability. In stead of, going to work, being pi**ed of and not doing anything.

How bout when we go to work, just try to have q positive attitude and do things to the best of our ability. In stead of, going to work, being pi**ed of and not doing anything.

OOOHHHHHHHH OHHHHOHHHHHHH..What a great idea..?
Can I please please please give the company another $20,000 a year back in concessions?
Pretty Please!

You think we're pissed now? let em file bankruptcyand then you'll really see pissed.

Hmm, in one thread you whip out the broad brush and call the membership "spineless", and here you say no finger pointing and only real solutions. So, would metal sitting around be a solution, or is business as usual the direction to go? I'm confused! :blink:
Just typical of the people I work with. I'm done with this forum!

Getting back on track here; no doubt flush the executive team, each and every one that has taken bonuses while under STPSTG, they all lack cred with the employees. The shareholders should dump the BOD as well, they have done nothing to guide the company back to profits.

On the gov side of the house, some form of rereg is needed. Bring all maint back onshore. Get back to a level field.

Its a wish list. Probably never see it in my lifetime. The sooner I can get out of here the better.

<_< Your asking us to Manage?------ Most on this board are not getting paid to do that! We've been there! We've already saved AA millions $$$ in improvements, and without compensation for doing so! ------- So now your asking us to do what AA's management can't? --------- You want a suggestion on how to fix the Industry? Well, you won't like it! --------Reregulate!!!

How to fix AA? Hum,???

First thing that MUST be done is remove every single management person who received a bonus starting back in 2003 till today. These people are LIARS and can NEVER be trusted again and trust is something any successful company needs. When there is hate and animosity between labor and management bound by disrespect forward progress may not be accomplished.

Once this first step is taken the next step is to replace these LIARS with people who want to see AA regain our #1 position. Once these individuals have shown with their actions they can be trusted labor will be convinced that there is a future.

The third step is to remove the twu from representing the AMT Craft & Class. A Craft union needs to represent these men and women because if we want accountability with management we must have it in the people we pay union dues to. Just like trusting management we need to be able to trust our union. And like the current management team at AA their is no trust and no trust in the twu.

The fourth step is to fix the negotiation process within the airlines, along with some form of reregulation and allowing a company to go into BK ONCE!

Ok, you asked.

Getting back on track here; no doubt flush the executive team, each and every one that has taken bonuses while under STPSTG, they all lack cred with the employees. The shareholders should dump the BOD as well, they have done nothing to guide the company back to profits.
Bring in a strong investor, like Carl Icahn ... ... ... :lol:

How to fix AA? Hum,???

First thing that MUST be done is remove every single management person who received a bonus starting back in 2003 till today. These people are LIARS and can NEVER be trusted again and trust is something any successful company needs. When there is hate and animosity between labor and management bound by disrespect forward progress may not be accomplished.

Then you'd be in favor of removing zero of the greedy named executive management bastards, because that's how many of them have received a bonus since 2003; in fact, the same number have received a bonus since March, 2001: zero.

From the 2011 Proxy Statement:

As described in “Compensation Discussion and Analysis — The Primary Components of Our Compensation Program,” the base salary we pay to our named executive officers is generally designed to be 15% of their targeted annual compensation. The short-term incentive compensation they are awarded is generally designed to be 15% of their targeted annual compensation. However, we have not paid any annual bonuses to our named executive officers since 2001 as we have not met the required pre-tax earnings margins. The long-term incentive compensation awarded to them is generally designed to be 70% of their targeted annual compensation.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9NDIyOTI0fENoaWxkSUQ9NDM3MDExfFR5cGU9MQ==&t=1 (p34 of orig documet)

As to the executives, AA said this on page 23:

For the ten years 2000 through 2009, their total realized compensation was less than 60% of the total targeted compensation awarded to them during this period

That's a paycut of 40% on average over the past decade. Sounds similar to the paycut they imposed on you and your brothers.

In April, 2010, AA paid out 25% of the PSP stock awarded to the execs three years earlier because of AA's poor performance (AMR stock price) over the three years ended 12/31/09. Last week, AA paid out 50% of the PSP stock awarded to the execs three years earlier because of the same (AA's poor stock price performance) for the three years ended 12/31/10. That's a substantial paycut for Arpey and the others from what they could have earned had the stock performed better than the competition.

I understand that you are frustrated because of the concessions and your collective failure to negotiate raises over the past three years, but you appear to be losing sight of the facts: Everyone at AA has earned a lot less money since 2002 than they thought they would, greedy executive management bastards included. Insisting on ranting otherwise in the face of facts to the contrary just makes you look as ignorant as those off-shore illiterate nonlicensed mechanics about whom you frequently complain.

You, on the other hand, are a trained, expert mechanic holding A&P tickets, and you can read and comprehend English, so why not read the proxy statements going back to 2003 and see for yourself the shared sacrifice that you refuse to believe has ocurred? The proxy statements are easy to find - they're on aa.com.

Yes, they took 40% paycuts. But a lot of the same people harping on executive compensation also probbaly think that 40% and 50% taxation of "the rich" is entirely fair... And few people on AMR payroll seem to understand the concept of variable compensation, or putting 70% of your salary at risk.

To be clear, I'm all for variable comp. What I take issue with is the methodology used to calculate the PSP/PUP plans -- it should have been modified long ago to be based on operational and financial goals, not stock price.

You, on the other hand, are a trained, expert mechanic holding A&P tickets, and you can read and comprehend English, so why not read the proxy statements going back to 2003 and see for yourself the shared sacrifice that you refuse to believe has ocurred? The proxy statements are easy to find - they're on aa.com.

For a bunch of guys who criticize foreign nationals for not being able to read manuals printed in English, I'd hope they would be able to read it for themselves. I'm sure it's just a matter of hours before someone (Goose?) says the proxy statement is a bunch of B.S. and filled with lies.

Well then..After reading FWAAA and eolesen's investigative report, Arpey & Co. did not make any more money that the year prior...the stock awards are just pieces of paper..nothing more.

If all of this is true, then if Arpey & Co. ever wish to resume getting those "real" pay increases and bonuses, it would be in their best interest to settle all contracts and work on getting the morale back at this company and move forward with the business of running an airline.

Stock is not just paper, it has a value and when they sell it, it's all profit to them.