How Is North C Dealing With The Heavy Snowstorm?

Dec 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
...From an airport ops, and Ato and Winston Res staffing perspective?
Heard it is/was pretty bad, almost historic, in much of the state, especially Charlotte. Incredible for late FEB..are folks actually making it in to work? :eek:

I was on 272 CLT-MIA. Scheduled for 9:55PM, boarded around 10PM, left the gate around 3:30AM. No credible information for the delay other than 2 of 3 de icing trucks ran out of fluid and they had trouble refilling them.

It was still snowing/sleeting in CLT upon our takeoff around 4AM. I am going to try to reroute my return tonight through another hub.

The crews did a great job, as did the gate agents...they made the best of a bad situation. Overall the storm was handled pretty well.

My thanks and best to you all....

About 10 inches south of the airport

Attachments

• Snow_Measure.jpg
    Snow_Measure.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 68
PineyBob said:
O My God,

You mean the snow storm isn't some plot hatched by Dave to screw the CLT employees? Film at 11.
No. Are you sure it wasn't an organized effort by the labor groups to cost the company more money?

PineyBob said:
O My God,

You mean the snow storm isn't some plot hatched by Dave to screw the CLT employees? Film at 11.
Game Over Dave.....Bob has spilled the beans on you .

I'll show them....I'll just call in sick in a show of silent protest. I wasn't much amused with the 16 mile ride in 14" of snow last night and this morining anyway.

Geez Bob , you take the cake. Ever consider sharing your humor on the WN and B6 forums? They have a pot that is in dire need of volumetric stirring for sure :p

Art,

From what I heard 2 trucks did run out of de-icer, and you must have been on one of the last flights to leave, which they said was after 4am. Those late flight must have had fresh crews, because I am surprised many did not time out.

Latest posts