How is This "Reaching Across the Aisles"?

southwind

Veteran
Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
Dems, GOP fight brewing over curbing filibusters !

So this is how we start the 2nd term ?

"Democrats are threatening to resort to a seldom-used procedure that could let them change the rules without GOP support, all but inviting Republican retaliation."

"Changing Senate rules by simple majority, rather than a two-thirds vote, is rarely done and referred to as "the nuclear option" because it is considered an extreme move that can trigger all-out partisan battling."
http://news.yahoo.com/dems-gop-fight-brewing-over-curbing-filibusters-123939041.html

All of this brought to you by, none other than Harry Reid !
So, instead of reaching across the aisles and coming to a mutual agreement, let's use the "Nukuler Option", change the rules and cut the aisle in half.............again !

"Democrats are threatening to resort to a seldom-used procedure that could let them change the rules without GOP support, all but inviting Republican retaliation."

"Changing Senate rules by simple majority, rather than a two-thirds vote, is rarely done and referred to as "the nuclear option" because it is considered an extreme move that can trigger all-out partisan battling."
http://news.yahoo.co...-123939041.html

So, instead of reaching across the aisles and coming to a mutual agreement, let's use the "Nukuler Option", change the rules and cut the aisle in half.............again !

Ponder this.

If you actually SOLVE a problem then you have no one to blame come election time. We're on the verge of a worldwide economic collapse and since the Democrats won the Presidency rather easily they need some cover in case the dire predictions come true. They also need someone to attempt to villify since their guy is in the big chair.

In doing so they preserve the role of Banksterism, Corpratism and Crony Capitalism rolling along while poor and middle class people suffer.

It's not terribly difficult to figure out really, once you shed the party labels and simply follow the money then it's rather easy to predict things. Ron Paul is no genius he just learned how to follow the money, thus his crusade to audit the Federal Reserve.

Maybe the Republicans should just let Reid have his way, and vote "present" for the next two years.

http://news.yahoo.co...-123939041.html

I wonder. I wonder if republicans have ever changed the rules of procedure to work in their favor. I wonder if someoen did some research into this if they would find any examples of such actions? Nah... that woiuld never happen. It is not like researching anything would ever happen. Typical right wing ignorance.

Should you actually be interested in history you might want to start with 2006 but I suspect that ignorance is much more suited to your POV.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe the Republicans should just let Reid have his way, and vote "present" for the next two years.

An idea whose time has perhaps come. Afterall they can just say they are following he example set by the President when he was in the Senate.

I wonder. I wonder if republicans have ever changed the rules of procedure to work in their favor. I wonder if someoen did some research into this if they would find any examples of such actions? Nah... that woiuld never happen. It is not like researching anything would ever happen. Typical right wing ignorance.

Should you actually be interested in history you might want to start with 2006 but I suspect that ignorance is much more suited to your POV.

Instead of "NOT" addressing the current situation and falling back on the tried and tested "Obamanisms"..........."It's Bush's fault" or "Blaming someone else" and also attacking the OP, why not instead question why almost immediately after Barrack announced, "We need to work together", Reid announces he wants to change the rules, so he doesn't have to work "Together"?

I wonder, I wonder whether or not, if your the one, living in the past !

Oh stop being a hypocritical idiot for one in your life. You make these posts as if this is the first time in recorded history that such an action has happened. Both parties have changed the rules to favor them selves. Both parties have gerimanderdd the districts to favor them selves. So stop pretending this is original information you are discovering.

I attack you because you are like FOX and MSNBC. You are a s partisan as it gets, you are completely detached from reality, and you do not research a dam thing that you post. You spray and pray with the hopes that you hit something.

Reactions: 3 people
As far as the past is concerned, it is also known as history. Those who do not learn from it and study it are condemned to repeat it. Try looking up some history every now and then. Even you might learn something.

Reactions: 3 people
Oh really ? Then why the hell isn't Harry Reid learning from "HISTORY"?
And no , it's not "Spray n' Pray", it's you not liking what your reading , so attack is your only discourse !

Again....................it's all Bush's and the republicans from the past fault ! When are you and "Your" party going to take responsibility.....................for anything ?

At least one silver lining....instead of Barrack "Inheriting the mess from Bush, he inherited the last 4 years from himself and he won't be able to blame anyone else, but himself !

I say let's all hold hands and jump off the damned cliff.

The cuts that will happen, need to happen. The taxes that will be increased need to be increased. If you want to save the future for your grandkids, take the bullet for them.

Be part of the second greatest generation.

Dont you get tired feeling like hostages?

Geez, like talking to a rock. It's not a dem thing, it's not a rep thing, it's a political thing. They all do it. Stop pretending that your crap does not stink. They all do it. They lie about working together and then they stab the other party in the back.

Two unfunded wars to the tune of over $1 trillion is Bush's fault. No two ways about it. The unwillingness to raise revenues in a republican issue. The unwillingness to reduce spending is the fault of both parties. Getting rid of Sadam with out thinking of the repercussions with Iran was Bush's fault. Continuing the spending was Obama's fault but I think he did not spend enough and I know opinions vary on that.

Bottom line. Research some of the crap you post. Stop posting stupid crap like the CPUSA suing the DNC. This is why no one takes FOX or MSNBC seriously. That is why no one here takes you seriously.

Reactions: 2 people
I say let's all hold hands and jump off the damned cliff.

The cuts that will happen, need to happen. The taxes that will be increased need to be increased. If you want to save the future for your grandkids, take the bullet for them.

Be part of the second greatest generation.

Dont you get tired feeling like hostages?

I would love to see the military cuts happen. I would also like to see the Bush tax cuts expire as well.

Reactions: 1 person
I would love to see the military cuts happen. I would also like to see the Bush tax cuts expire as well.

Would love to see entitlement cuts happen. I would also like to see the Bush tax cuts stay as well.

Two wrongs don't make a right !

It cost as much to protect a romney as it does me. Why should a romney pay less?

A romney excercises as much freedom as i do. Why should a romney pay less?

Why cant a romney pay the same percentage as me?

The tax cuts have been around long enough. When does the country see the benefits of the bush tax cuts?

The poor and middle class sent their kids to war. How many wealthy families sent their kids to war?