How Many Planes Do We Have?

ISP

Senior
Apr 3, 2003
In regards to the heavy maintance issue, it is obvious Siegel is planning on parking more and more Airbus and bringing Boeing's out of MHV. How long can he do this to keep the fleet over 279? Exactly how many planes do we still own that are parked? Airliners.net shows B733/4 that we got rid of in bankruptcy that have already been torn up and sold. Are there really that many left that we still own?

Hypothetically, say US decided to actually fight LUV and add more planes to the fleet. Say the Airbus aircraft could all be used as well. From my knowledge, there are 5 (?) Airbus already parked (+ the 3 at Alabama), as well as a multitide of 733/4 and a few 757. I also believe we are leasing a 767 to a company oversea's (why are we doing that by the way?). What is the total aircraft that we own that could be in service (and whoever answers, don't include any MD-80, F-100, etc. that we are no longer using at all).

Thanks for the info, just curious. I have a hunch it would be around 320. Is that close?

Latest posts