How many Title 1 AMT's will take the early out?

I'm thinking 1500 in tulsa pretty quick. Some of them will actually go into semi retirement as osm's

Any guess as to how many Title 1 AMT's across the system will take the early out offer?

This should be interesting....They request the early out..and the company tells them when they can go...Could be in the same week....could be months later.

I think once someone requests to leave, they will be gone pretty quickly.

I know that flight attendants are less enamored of the early out than first thought. A lot that wanted it have the 15 years to be eligible (i.e., top of scale in pay), but are under 50 years of age. They would get the 18 or 24 months of passes, then nothing other than their pension when they reach the age to draw it. Other than the 18/24 months of travel, it would be the same as resigning from the company prior to age 50, or prior to 10 years on the payroll. In the company's eyes, they would be pensioners, not retirees--no travel, no medical, just a pension check.

Well until the LBO takes affect and the blanks are filled in we do not really know how many will take advantage of the financial incentive AA offered us. Just because you want to go out early does not mean you are eligible for the package. The company will determine who and when.

I like the Semi-Retirement comment.

While a line maintenance crew chief over 50, I have too much at stake to just quit now so I will be in Semi-Retirement until I leave in about 4 or 5 years. To me, Semi-Retirement means a lot of delays will take longer than necessary to fix, and a lot of planes will go OTS when we could have worked a little smarter and harder at the gate.

AA should have done a 5/5 deal with us. AA will not doubt pay a lot of $700 per hour attorneys and consultants to figure out what to do next. But then, the real AA died a while back and will never return.

"You messed with the wrong Marine"!

Well until the LBO takes affect and the blanks are filled in we do not really know how many will take advantage of the financial incentive AA offered us. Just because you want to go out early does not mean you are eligible for the package. The company will determine who and when.

The guys I spoke to that want to go and CAN go, their main concern is the out of pocket retiree medical they must pay for. Some are of the age where the early out incentive would pay for enough medical until they hit 65.

You mean you don't know the eligibility requirements for inclusion in the early out? At least the flight attendants know exactly who is eligible. With us, you have to have 15 years or more on the payroll. That's it.

The guys I spoke to that want to go and CAN go, their main concern is the out of pocket retiree medical they must pay for. Some are of the age where the early out incentive would pay for enough medical until they hit 65.
I'm definitely going - I don't care if I have to clean out hog pens to make ends meet. That will be preferable to the mess AA will become.

... and just when you thought it couldn't get much worse ...

Reactions: 1 person