How to handle the forum post-merger

Should the forums be combined?

• Yes, merge everything now even though there are still two operating certificates

Votes: 32 40.0%
  • No, keep the forums separate until the operating certificates are merged

Votes: 48 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
Right now there are still separate forums for the AA and US folks.

I'd like to put out a suggestion for how to approach the forum merge...

There's always going to be some crossover in the topics, but there are two camps of forum users here -- those who live and breath labor issues, and those who want to discuss what I'd call business issues (route/fleet planning, earnings, non-rev travel, and anything else not tied to a specific labor group).

If the decision were to be made today, I'd suggest leaving both forums up, but change one of the two over to being labor related, and leaving the other to be non-labor issues.

Frankly, the labor issue discussions tend to get ugly at times, and those of you who are truly passionate about those issues clearly don't want anyone from outside interjecting comments.

So, let both types of conversations continue, but just in different rooms of the same house.

Reactions: 8 people
I for one am dreading the day the forums are integrated and all the vitriolic US noise takes over

I would go one further, and keep a PMUS forum and a PMAA forum indefinitely, at least until all the East vs. West drama finally deteriorates (how long will that take, 10 years, min?) That way nAAtive topics and issues can be kept separate from all the PMUS drama that none of us have any knowledge or experience with, and frankly couldn't care less about.

Even when we get a single operating certificate, we'll still be operating different metal under different work rules at unintigrated bases for the foreseeable future.

-astra

Reactions: 8 people
autofixer said:
So, AdAstraPerAspera, who is to administer this litmus test?  You? 

A single carrier certificate does not a single airline make. Just as an AAer has little to no knowledge or interest in the East vs. West debacle, I would venture to say that a US person would have little to contribute on the topics of Jetnet, DECS commands, Trip trading services, and where to get the best Italian Beef at ORD.

Reactions: 1 person
eolesen said:
Frankly, the labor issue discussions tend to get ugly at times, and those of you who are truly passionate about those issues clearly don't want anyone from outside interjecting comments.
Are you suggesting to make labor/contract stuff private for employees of AA/USAir only.

Don't really care one way or another, there will always be pollution, trolling, and hijacking of every thread and/or topic. Either way, I'll give my two cents worth.

Reactions: 2 people
Honestly labor issues are business issues. Unions are a business. You can not separate one from the other. It's like cutting off your fingers and still trying to use a knife and a fork to eat your dinner. The TWU is a business (Company business union).

Reactions: 1 person
Flying low said:
Are you suggesting to make labor/contract stuff private for employees of AA/USAir only.
We do put some restrictions like that on another site that I participate on, but I can't speak for what the owner/admin/moderators here want to support.

On that site, a moderator has to pre-approves who can post. Anyone can read, but only those "with standing" get to participate in the discussion. It's a smaller group -- fewer than 100 are allowed to post.

BigMac said:
I request we keep the Delta discussions in the Delta forums also. XD
I almost added a poll option to eliminating all other airline forums except for DL...

Reactions: 6 people
UNION INFIGHTING IS NOT REALLY A BUSINESS ISSUES. ,
No one has any issue with legit union/company disucssions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts