How to make US better

JMM

Senior
Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
Carts = West Way

Door Op's = West Way

Closets = EAST way, give me a place to hang coats for cripes sake!!!

Useless Rules like exit row briefing, done away way with! (east)

Add one row of F/C to ALL planes, keep our elite members happy so they continue to spend with US. We MUST have repeat business!!

Useless Rules like the first cannot go beyond overwing, done away with! (east)

Realistic pay!!! (WE, west and east, need to work on this together) Keep us on par with other LCC's in the US. Mangement takes care of me and I will take care of our PAX and MAKE SURE they come back with their bucks!

Scheduling = EAST WAY, I find it amazing that the entire operation is ALWAYS critically staffed when we are offering VLOA's. To me this means blantant mismanagement and incomptence. Also, who the heck runs an entire scheduling department in the irreg department????

Nonrev travel = west way please FCFS , just like American, Southwest, etc.

Commuter travel policy = new, commuter gets higher priority than nonrevs

Revamp inflight training circumlum and actually turn out graduates that are prepared for the job (no clue how to do this but it could reduce turn over and thus lower cost)

Revamp the hiring process, again, reduce turn over and REDUCE costs.

Accountability, new, empower the employees to make good decisions, hire people that make good decisions and hold them accountable when they decide poorly. This is for ALL levels and ALL employees, not just the FA's.

Hold front line employees (gate, ticket, pilot, FA, etc) accountable for their appearance! Well groomed, pressed, neat, presentable, CLEAN, etc! WE are the impression of the airline!

Refurb the interior of the aircraft!!! Yes they are pretty on the outside but the insides are dirty and falling apart. Look at southwest, continential, jetblue, airtran, alaska and american planes. They are CLEAN inside and maintained VERY well. Ours look like crap. Replace those nasty seat covers and scrub the interiors down. Ours are downright embarrassing.

FIX PHILLY! I have no clue how to do this, many management teams have failed at this and this one probably will too. Unless philly gets better we are doomed to fail!

Replace/reconfig those nasty 737's. They are inhumane ways to travel!

Just a few ways to make US what we want to be, THE BEST in US!!!! I know all of this cost bucks but face it folks, if you do not invest in yourself and your employees then you are not investing in your customer and you will be doomed to fail! WE and our customers deserve better!

DOH and bs to a commuter getting higher status, you CHOOSE to commute, many of has had to move in order to keep employment.

DOH and bs to a commuter getting higher status, you CHOOSE to commute, many of has had to move in order to keep employment.
Is this a choice? (And this is just the West Coasters!)

SAN (closed, move to SFO)
SFO (closed, moved to LAX)
LAX (closed, off to BWI I go!)
BWI..(closed.... you get the point yet?...)

What if I have young children? A handicapped child enrolled in a beneficial program they feel comfortable in? Elderly, sick parents? Each case is specific to each person and their circumstances; it is impossible to make a blanket statement such as "you CHOOSE to commute". :unsure:

What if I have young children? A handicapped child enrolled in a beneficial program they feel comfortable in? Elderly, sick parents? Each case is specific to each person and their circumstances; it is impossible to make a blanket statement such as "you CHOOSE to commute". :unsure:
All these people should get a higher priority………………were back were we started DOH/FCFS. I here it every day every body has a unique situation in life. Oh to here the standbys stories

All these people should get a higher priority??????????????????????????were back were we started DOH!

Never said that. Just making the point that a lot of people do not "choose" to commute. Personally, I am for DOH, but whether it is FCFS or DOH, people commute for different reasons.

Is this a choice? (And this is just the West Coasters!)

SAN (closed, move to SFO)
SFO (closed, moved to LAX)
LAX (closed, off to BWI I go!)
BWI..(closed.... you get the point yet?...)

Regardless of the reason, you do choose to commute because you want to keep your job. Your choice should not impact anothers non-rev status.

Commuting is an entirely different type of lifestyle.
I feel for those that have had to endure one base closing after another and those that have been displaced.

Unfortunatly, I don't feel that your commuting out ranks the millions of other reasons people have for non-reving on the same flight a commuter is on. Everybody should be ranked in the system that is in place regardless to the reason they are on the flight.

Regardless of the reason, you do choose to commute because you want to keep your job. Your choice should not impact anothers non-rev status.

Commuting is an entirely different type of lifestyle.
I feel for those that have had to endure one base closing after another and those that have been displaced.

Unfortunatly, I don't feel that your commuting out ranks the millions of other reasons people have for non-reving on the same flight a commuter is on. Everybody should be ranked in the system that is in place regardless to the reason they are on the flight.
Umm, I never said that commuters should be afforded higher boarding priorities over "regular" non- revs. I was simply replying to 700UW who said that people "choose" to commute. Further, zarah, I do not commute, and have never commuted. I always say I will "never" commute, but circumstances change.

Additionally, zarah, you say that people do "choose" to commute to keep this job. Sometimes, you may find yourself in a circumstance where you need the flexibility of this job, the benefits, etc.... Someone may be hard pressed to find a job that offers similar flexibility and benefits. (just ask the VFLR that are returning after 3 years! ;) )

High Time/Low Time self adjust trips - Should be seniority. I'm tired of all those junior high timer cartels in the west camping out and snagging everything for themselves and their friends.

Personal Trip Trades/Drop Pick Up- first come/first serve.

and if we get

Split trip trades - can be given away with password.

Umm, I never said that commuters should be afforded higher boarding priorities over "regular" non- revs. I was simply replying to 700UW who said that people "choose" to commute. Further, zarah, I do not commute, and have never commuted. I always say I will "never" commute, but circumstances change.

Additionally, zarah, you say that people do "choose" to commute to keep this job. Sometimes, you may find yourself in a circumstance where you need the flexibility of this job, the benefits, etc.... Someone may be hard pressed to find a job that offers similar flexibility and benefits. (just ask the VFLR that are returning after 3 years! ;) )

I should have used the word "people" instead of "you" as my post was not directed at you, but after re-reading it the "you" and "your" do make it sound personal toward you and I apologize.

Needing/wanting something and being foced to do something are different things entirly. People are free to choose to commute or not. They may feel like they do not have a choice, but they do. Commuters have my full sympathy when they have to arrive hours early or encounter problems with their commute. It is not an easy lifestyle, but they each have their reasons for doing so.

As for me, I have made my choice not to commute it is not a lifestyle I enjoy. I either live in base or I walk away from this job.

Anyway, the point of my orginal post was simply that people commute by choice and do not deserve a higher priority in boarding as the orginal poster stated.

Again, I apologize for using "you" and "your" instead of "people" and I should have replied to the orginal poster and not your post.

:)

Thats okay, let them go FCFS, those ole senior gals from PSA that commute to PHL from California will flood right into PHX if they cannot get to work. Guess what that means, its possible they knock people down to reserve or out of the base off the bottom, low and behold someone from the almight West finds themselves in a position where they have 3 choices: MOVE to an East coast base, COMMUTE, or QUIT.

Thats okay, let them go FCFS, those ole senior gals from PSA that commute to PHL from California will flood right into PHX if they cannot get to work. Guess what that means, its possible they knock people down to reserve or out of the base off the bottom, low and behold someone from the almight West finds themselves in a position where they have 3 choices: MOVE to an East coast base, COMMUTE, or QUIT.

Excellent comments. Excellent point of view.

What if they close PHX? Think it won't happen? I know a lot of PIT personnel who thought PIT was the center of the world in the early 90's and look at PIT now.

Either accomodate the commuters or get ready for some hard slogging.

I am not confident Dougie has what it takes.........

OH an one more thing, this would mean my seniority in PHL would sky rocket...so bring on the FCFS!!!!!!!!!!

Carts = West Way
Also, keep the Express Beverage Service (in coach) the East way, no heavy carts out in the aisle on the short flights, just a 9-hole tray with (before 9am) OJ, H2O, Coffee (after 9am) Coke, Sprite, Diet Coke and H20. Additional requests honored as time permits.